+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3476Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Random thoughts . . .

momrek . . .

ABSOLUTELY agree with you that the lot of 'em need to put down the booze. They wouldn't win any prizes as saints, anyway, so fueling the devil inside them with firewater does them --- AND us! --- no favors. It's gotten real old, real quick, and I can't figure out why none of THEM seem to have figured out, yet, that the boozing only winds up making most of them look even MORE idiotic than they already are, and is the ingestible kerosene for WAAAAYYY too many unnecessary fires.

I also agree that Al went too far by telling Caroline to "Shut the eff UP!" OTOH, I can also understand he'd HAD it. HAVE to give him kudos, too, for at least not letting the actual word fly and therefore needing to be bleeped. That's a lesson in restraint that most of 'em could learn from.

IF they could stay away from oiling themselves with booze, that is.

And your description of Caroline as a "helicopter parent" was dead on target. She's been doing it for FAR too long for her to change that MO, though.

I think you're dead on with your take on T, too. She's done what she wants and mostly gotten her way for too, TOO many years to EVER change, at this late date.

Bunny . . .

I'm no shrink or psychologist, but I, too, was SMH my head at reading stories and seeing pics of T and family's Hampton adventures. Personally, I believe that somewhere between her ears, she fancies herself as the "Teflon Housewife". The more her off-kilter road show rolls on, the more she proves herself to be a person who has some serious, serious issues. Am I saying/suggesting that after her latest, HUGE bump in the road she should enter a convent? No. But MOST of us with at least a MODICUM of common sense would've KNOWN to sit our asses DOWN and stay OFF of the public radar.

At LEAST until our next court appearance, that is!

Also, if I were a member of whoever her legal team is, I HAVE to say that I believe I'd cut her loose after the Hamptons vacay being splashed all over hither and yon.

Me?

I just couldn't --- and WOULDN'T --- be bothered with the headaches that'd come with dealing with her and her crew.

Hell, I'd've probably cut her and her cast of clowns loose after her FIRST court appearance!

JMHO.

And canuck . . .

Thanks for your "Been there, done that!" US legal residency/citizenship info!
    Last edited by ness; 08-07-2013 at 03:03 AM.
    Punkin and momrek06 like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Newbie

I truly hope they get jail time. This is not a case of "can't pay medical bills or a family tradegy forced them into financial ruin. This is overindulgence and a complete inability to take responsibility.Gee what a surprise. I hope the court, if they are convicted, does not give T a pass becuase she is a mother. And the silver lining for her children( They will be teribly hurt by this) might be...see the rules do apply
    Punkin, ness and Lizard like this.

FORT Newbie

You have a good heart. But desperate is a term I use for people who do not have enough food to eat, can't pay medical bills or even become addicted to soemthing and get down that awful path. But these two? Big house, Gucci, Gucci, lavish spending. Not desperate and scared. Just thinking they could outsmart everyone and refusing to live within their means. They are indeed crooks,IMO
    Punkin, prhoshay, ness and 1 others like this.

am i the only one who doesn't care at all abt t & juicy's legal probs????

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sdwales View Post
    I truly hope they get jail time. This is not a case of "can't pay medical bills or a family tradegy forced them into financial ruin. This is overindulgence and a complete inability to take responsibility.Gee what a surprise. I hope the court, if they are convicted, does not give T a pass becuase she is a mother. And the silver lining for her children( They will be teribly hurt by this) might be...see the rules do apply
    Is it an 'inablilty' or is it a 'refusal'? I vote for #2.

"Just thinking they could outsmart everyone and refusing to live within their means." I know somebody just like this! He's a complete idiot, too.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Bunny, even IF Tre ha someone telling her to rein it in, Tre does what Tre wants to do . like she said on Sunday's show . "everyone beats at their own drum"
    Yes, Tre does exactly what she wants to do. As she said, "everyone beats at their own drum."
    Guess she'll be beating at her own drum in prison very soon!!!
    ness and momrek06 like this.

Hoping Joe Gorga can spend more time with his nieces and NOT talk about the adults' behavior, just have fun and get close to them again. Gia did confirm that her mom does talk about it to her. And she gets razzed at school. I wish her mom would clue in and stop the intimate scenes and inappropriate sex talk knowing that Gia has to endure it at school. Wake up!

Jacqueline's dad was on a roll. Love him. Even Ashley seemed more together about surgeries and things than her mom. Incidently, aren't Jac and Chris being sued? How is she affording all this ... plane fare, dr bills, recovery, medicines, etc.?

Teresa and Joe recently went to Florida, but I thought they were supposed to be confined to NJ and NYC?

If Lauren throws away a great guy like Vito, she's nutzo.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Sometimes families have to talk about the adult behavior because the children bring it up. Gia is at the age where she has opinions and will want truthful talk about subjects. Children should be told the truth, but how that truth is framed is very important; their questions and concerns need to be answered. They will know when you are lying. I'm not a fan of how her (Gia's) parents deal with their children.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I agree that if kids ask about adult issues, then parents (or aunts and uncles) need to deal with them honestly. But I don't think that is how Gia got involved in all of this. We've seen scenes in the past that indicate that Theresa views Gia as her BFF and confidante. In many ways, I think that Theresa thinks Gia exists for her entertainment and to give her the affirmations she's seeking. I don't think Gia knows what she knows because she's observed and asked. I think that she knows what she does because Theresa tries to justify her behavior by building up people around her that take her side, and she sees GIa as someone she can manipulate to be one of those people. THe poor kid has been forced to grow up too fast because her parents decided to put their lives on display. Most of the Housewives have at some point eased up on how much their children are involved in the show because of the effect it can have on them. The OC started out featuring the kids quite a bit, and backed off of that. But Theresa seems to push her kids out there instead of protecting them, because she seems to be driven more be her instincts for fame and fortune than her maternal instincts.
    Punkin, mom2 and GabbyG like this.

Oh, I'm with you on that....Joe and T have made a habit of having adult talks around Gia and her siblings since they came into this world; this is a case of you reap what you sow. It's just that Gia is at an age where she is going to initiate the talks with her parents and whomever; you (they) can't unring a bell.

Like everyone else, it's their right to raise their children the way they see fit.

+ Reply to Thread