+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 791 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081121171571 ... LastLast
Like Tree3258Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

To MOM2, my apologies for not remembering your name...and a late thank you to Lucky22 for the nice comment. In response to DaniBev saying her knees were shaking...I have no doubt in my mind that Bravo egged her on/set her up/what have you...but there again we have to take her word for it that her knees were shaking and I have a hard time believing anything she says. If you set yourself up for a fall, don't be surprised when you do!!!

FORT Fogey

Jeezaloo, aren't we not supposed to double post??

Teresa's not innocent, her behavior was outrageous. But what Danielle did was really mean. She was invited to a dinner, that was supposed to be nice. Teresa was being quite gracious to her, doing her best to make sure she was included, and Joe seemed to be gracious towards her as well. Everyone was fine and then Danielle needed to use that as a forum to air her grievances. The appropriate thing to do would have been to deal with that in private, away from the ears of small children and cameras.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3519852;

Teresa's not innocent, her behavior was outrageous. But what Danielle did was really mean. She was invited to a dinner, that was supposed to be nice. Teresa was being quite gracious to her, doing her best to make sure she was included, and Joe seemed to be gracious towards her as well. Everyone was fine and then Danielle needed to use that as a forum to air her grievances. The appropriate thing to do would have been to deal with that in private, away from the ears of small children and cameras.
    I do not think at all that Teresa's behavior was outrageous. There is so much a person can take before they black out. Maybe it is because I am from Jersey and I would have probably flipped the table too.

Real Housewives: Caroline & Danielle’s Battle Rages On
    June 23, 2009

The show may be over — but the drama is far from finished. While stars of The Real Housewives of New Jersey will reunite Tuesday (Bravo, 9 p.m. ET), PEOPLE sat down with Caroline Manzo and Danielle Staub — separately! — on the same day to discuss their feud. Here, in their own words, the reality stars explain why they made the decisions they did in the show’s confrontational finale — and attempt to get at the truth behind the sensational claims in the book Cop Without a Badge.

Where They Stand Now
    Caroline: She’s invisible to me. I never had a relationship with her, I never wanted to have a relationship with her and due to her behavior, I will never have a relationship with her. She’s a pathological liar. She is manipulative. She is an opportunist. She has no conscience; she has no morals.

Danielle: Why would I lie? If you’re going to call me a pathological liar, challenge me. I’m a human being, and on the inside my heart aches just like theirs does. Just because there’s so many of them that doesn’t mean that their pain is any more important than mine.

Who Is Lying?
    Danielle: I have a big problem with Caroline. I think she’s a big bully. She’s lying. And I don’t understand her motives. Protecting your sister is one thing, but what exactly are you protecting her from?

Caroline: A lot of people are upset with me for “lying for my sister.” I didn’t lie for my sister. That’s not who I am. And there’s no truth to that at all. If Dina showed that book, I would have let her fight her own battle. So, Danielle, sorry to disappoint you again.

Bringing Up the Book
    Caroline: At [my son] Albie’s graduation party we found out this book exists and immediately we went to the computer in the office and we Googled it. We read an excerpt from the contents and we were blown away. The next day, I went to the library and I got the book. Dina and Jacqueline knew I was going, and we got back to my house and read it together and had tremendous concerns.

Danielle: They would not give me the chance to talk about it, and I thought [bringing the book to dinner] was the only way to get them to pay attention. They were running around even with that book laying there. If I hadn’t put it there, it never would have been addressed. It was the strongest way to say, “I have you all in one room and like it or not, the cameras are going to see that.”

Is Danielle Dangerous?
    Danielle: Really? Was it my father-in-law that was killed and shoved into a trunk? I’m dangerous? I knew about this through the whole show. I didn’t bring it up once. I’m classy. [But] let’s talk about what’s really dangerous here. I’d like to hear about the two siblings that they haven’t talked to in a decade — why they made their wives so uncomfortable that their own brothers won’t even speak to them. But I’m the one who caused trouble in that family? Don’t point the finger at me, ’cause I’m not sitting back anymore.

Caroline: People say, “Well, why didn’t you go to her?” Because that reputation preceded her. The woman we knew was incapable of telling the truth. After screaming and arguing for days and days, we made a decision not to tell Danielle that we know [the book] exists. If we play dumb, it can’t come back to haunt us. And that’s the decision we made as a family.

What About the Kids?
    Caroline: The true Danielle is in those very last moments of that footage [from the final episode]. That is the true unfiltered Danielle, with that cigarette. And who is her audience? Her children. Making pizza and climbing a rock wall don’t make you a great parent. Her children are well-behaved, well-mannered and they excel in school. But if you look at her children, they have a haunted look in their eyes. These children are paying the price for her irresponsibility.

Danielle: My children were present [for the confrontation] for a very good reason. I not once used an obscenity. I not once started screaming at anybody. I not once tossed a table, or flipped out and banged my hands, or started pacing around. I was just sitting firm, waiting for my right of passage, so to speak. Did I put a burden on [my children]? Did I bring the book out? Were [the Manzo sisters] thinking of my kids? Was it me that put my kids in this position?
    Link

FORT Regular

... the subject(s) Danielle was bringing up by way of the book, who did what to whom, what she was alleged to have done in the book, etc., were for "mature audiences only," not for kids being present or within earshot...
    IMHO the conversation & actions during the entire dinner (e.g. Teresa's play-by-play of her marital relations prior to the book reveal), plus most of the season (e.g. vulgar language, constant "bubbies" subject, emphasis on appearance & wealth, gossip), has been inappropriate for children.

If I recall correctly regarding the dinner: After plopping the book on the table & noticing everyone's reactions, Danielle admitted "two truths," indicated understanding that people would desire to protect their families until confirming the allegations in the book, & acknowleged the rumors around town. She clearly stated that her purpose in discussing the book at dinner was to inform them that such rumors were hurtful to her & her daughters, express disappointment that she wasn't approached to discuss its content before the unsubstantiated rumors were spread, & seek an apology from the source of the rumor mill. Thus, it didn't appear her intent to discuss the content of the book/the past (she specifically stated that she didn't know any of them well enough to owe them an explanation of her past), rather the women's actions since its discovery/the present. IMHO it was a civil conversation until the denials, pacing, & diversion (from admitting being gossips) to debating the book's merits began.

FORT Regular

IMHO Caroline continues to look worse than Danielle.

Caroline: She’s invisible to me. I never had a relationship with her, I never wanted to have a relationship with her and due to her behavior, I will never have a relationship with her. She’s a pathological liar. She is manipulative. She is an opportunist. She has no conscience; she has no morals...

Caroline: At [my son] Albie’s graduation party we found out this book exists and immediately we went to the computer in the office and we Googled it...

Caroline: ...After screaming and arguing for days and days, we made a decision not to tell Danielle that we know [the book] exists. If we play dumb, it can’t come back to haunt us....
    Wait...If Danielle is "invisible" & someone with whom Caroline neither wants nor intends to have a relationship, why spend your time researching about the book, especially during your son's graduation party? Who's the opportunist? If you feel justified to research the book about someone who is "invisible" to you & share your findings with family & friends, why not admit it? Who's manipulative?

Caroline: ...Making pizza and climbing a rock wall don’t make you a great parent. Her children are well-behaved, well-mannered and they excel in school. But if you look at her children, they have a haunted look in their eyes. These children are paying the price for her irresponsibility.
    I find discussing the minor children as a means to discredit their parent distasteful. After all, Caroline claims to have raised "street smart" children, yet 2 out of 3 only leave home to go to the family business. They lack the education, ambition, &/or permission to become independent adults. Given the daughter's comments about wanting to please her parents so she doesn't get "cut off" highlights the $$$ in their eyes.

Danielle: ...I'm classy."...
    I don't think any of these women understand the concept.
    Last edited by *angela; 06-23-2009 at 04:44 PM.

To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3519852;

I think the producers had to have put Danielle to it. After all, they want drama, and drama brings ratings. She had a teeny dress on and a clutch. The book was a big hardback book, which would not have fit into the clutch and would have been visible, which you can see clearly wasn't when she walked in. So, that leads me to believe the producers set this whole thing up. I also think (and I am not a danielle fan) that Danielle was being very civil and who wouldn't want to clear the air in that situation? i wouldn't have been very civil with all those middle age "mean girls" cackling behind my back about it and not having the courtesy to talk to me about it to my face. It didn't blow up until it was about who spread the book around or not. I also think Teresa looked much worse than Danielle--flipping tables and screaming obsenities (which her own children would have heard) is not classy behavior, but that of a low-class person.

FORT Newbie

Not sure if this has been mentioned but when Danielle brought up the book in the bar afterwards told me that she is incapable of a discussion where it doesn't have her at the center? She said at the dinner that she wanted to say her peace - but it seemed to me that she is incapable of just stating what she wants to say and then stop talking. There was NO reason to bring up the book in the bar.

Anybody in for part one of the reunion show?

Come on, you know you want to. Don't make me watch alone, please!

+ Reply to Thread