+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2725Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by law638 View Post
    Watching the rerun, I'm shaking my head. How Melissa can throw her Father under the bus is beyond me. Some things should remain in home.
    The truth is therapeutic. People often think the grass is greener. But the truth is her father was a selfish person who made his wife suffer. It is not the job of victims to make people who hurt them look good.
    prhoshay, GabbyG and Imperfect1 like this.
    You can do it!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Excellent, Excellent, Excellent, Liz!!!!

Life is for the living!

The truth shall set you free.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I am of the opinion that Melissa never had to reveal what her father was or wasn't. That is really something that needed to be kept in-family or between man & wife. It wasn't like we ever met her father & her mother is hardly ever seen. Writing about this subject might have been cathartic for Melissa however I would wager a bet it opened an already bleeding wound for her mom. Some family history needs to just stay there, in the past.
    Kiz likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fan

She needs the income from book sales. Dirt sells books.
    doolollie likes this.
    Trust Me!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I am of the opinion that Melissa never had to reveal what her father was or wasn't. That is really something that needed to be kept in-family or between man & wife. It wasn't like we ever met her father & her mother is hardly ever seen. Writing about this subject might have been cathartic for Melissa however I would wager a bet it opened an already bleeding wound for her mom. Some family history needs to just stay there, in the past.
    I am of the exact opposite opinion about secrets. If it helps Melissa, it will probably help other family members. To talk about it just might free mom up from her "invisible chains" also. That history belongs to the entire family. My ex-husband's family harbored some kind of secret; I remember my MIL saying, "Why would you want to know that?"....because they were family entitled to the history. I don't know if anyone ever was told. Learning from the past can teach and protect you. Live your truth, whatever it might be. Nothing like letting somebody continue to rule from the grave.
    Lizard likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I fear the only help that Melissa is getting is monetary. And, for me, that is a purely selfish reason for bringing it up.
    Melissa would not know carthasis if it bit her in the &*%!
    mayamaisha and Eastcoastmom like this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    The truth is therapeutic. People often think the grass is greener. But the truth is her father was a selfish person who made his wife suffer. It is not the job of victims to make people who hurt them look good.
    I didn't mean that talking about it was so despicable, it is necessary but not on national television. But obviously, these people will do anything for money & do not care.
    Welcome to the party
    Team Ward

Dirt does sell books. As that is what the nation likes unfortunately. Instead of quality these days.
    Happy NFL Training Camp!

Quote Originally Posted by law638 View Post
    I didn't mean that talking about it was so despicable, it is necessary but not on national television. But obviously, these people will do anything for money & do not care.
    .....and then she "acts" concerned about people finding out the 'secret' through her book but openly talks about it on national tv. Oh yeah, and the convo with her friends at lunch where she says she knows how men think. Excuse me but she has not met my husband, who thankfully is nothing like her joe, because if he were I would still be running as far away from him as I could. She is obnoxious.
    norealityhere, law638 and Kiz like this.
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

Melissa is so full of it you can smell her before you see her coming.

I'm sorry, but to me . . .

OK, maybe her dad WAS a no-good, cheatin' SOB that didn't know how --- or DIDN'T WANT TO --- keep his shoes under his bed at home, with Melissa's mother . . .

WHY DOES THE WHOLE WORLD NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THAT, FROM HER?

His freakin' DAUGHTER, who supposedly LOVED him so much?

If I were Melissa and that bit of family dirt saw the light of day, it sure as HELL wouldn't be ME that was drawing the curtains back on it.

What a piece of low-down, opportunistic trash she is.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread