+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3257Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    Exactly. He hasn't matured past 5th grade and believes America demands this type of "entertainment". I have dropped all other RH shows, and am close to dropping this one. Can we get some positive story lines going please?
    All good things must come to an end. I'm kind of winding down with the RH series as well. THey have a few more years for sure, but they won't last forever.

For NJ....I think the story line is nearly dead. How many years can we watch Melissa and Teresa go at it? Same old, same old. I sense that we might see them all make up this season - at least learn to function with one another. Even Teresa and Melissa seem weary of it. They are smart to move on to other endeavors while they show is still alive.

I also think some major changes are in the works in NJ. Caroline's kids are no longer kids and we don't see them as much, Joe G's trial is coming up I believe, Jacqueline is dealing with an autistic son, Teresa's dad is in poor health, Kathy is trying to start a business (which I really hope works for her), etc. These are serious life events that impact the nature - and future of the show. It isn't light fodder the way it was in the beginning.

All these things are a different kind of drama - real drama. It will be interesting to see how the show changes to adapt to it.

xxxx

Reg. Melissa...she strikes me as being a little desperate this season. The last episode was ridiculous. Melissa is worried about putting personal information about her father in a book that only a few thousand will likely read yet she's splashing it all over the cameras for millions to see??? She's playing the sympathy card but it ain't working.

I don't dislike Melissa. I just don't think she's genuine, and karma's a bitch. I believe she married Joe for money and that she never did love him (strong like at best). While Joe gives her a good quality of life, with fame from the show, she could do much better and she knows it. I think this is eating at her a bit, and she is trying to figure out a way to break free. The book might be one of the steps she is trying to take.

I've also noticed her look into the cameras a few times this season, which tells me she is very aware of them and playing up for them a bit.

She and Joe are such a mismatch that it's painful to watch.
    Punkin, mom2 and channel5lady like this.

Jexter, you stated that so well and I'm in complete agreement. I would love to think that the show would film some of the new changes that are taking place in their lives, rather than the main focus being fighting.
    Regarding Melissa, I noticed when her family brought over some pix for Melissa, she was holding up one of her father that she seemed to really like. We weren't shown a close up of the photo but from what I could see was someone who resembled Joe (her husband) a lot.
    which would explain a lot of things.
    And yes, I think Melissa would dump Joe very quickly if she got a better offer from a richer man. She's very transparent and easy to figure out.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    I wish Bravo would find some upstanding, interesting, clever, witty, humorous, talented people to film.
    They did. Bethenny. No one says that Bethenny is perfect, but she certainly is upstanding, interesting, clever, witty, humorous, talented and a lot more.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If you can get past her neurosis.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Does Melissa actually think she's that popular and that people are going to race out and buy her book.
    I think she does. Anybody who writes a song about being famous and hounded -- before she was famous and as-yet-hounded -- shows an oversized ego.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

They can always to go the library! I will admit that I wouldn't mind reading Caroline's book, as long as I don't have to buy it.
    mom2 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Teresa:

"She's 12 and she going through prooberty!

Vintage T.

SMH.
    Punkin likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

So . . .

Teresa found a castle upstate to go to with Poison so they can hash out their differences face-to-face?

Bravo is SUUUUUUUURE splashing out money on these idiots.

Damn.

And Poison is stupid enough to actually go, of his own accord.

OR . . .

He's been ORDERED to go to by the Bravo PTB.

Personally, I'm bettin' on the PTB angle.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

SO . . .

NOW Melissa is supposed to be an expert on "How to Be a Domestic Goddess and Still Keep Your Man Running Home for More!"

Please.

And if Kathy DIDN'T want to be the catalyst for a a blowup between T and Jac over Kat's phone in public, in a boutique, can somebody explain to me just WHY that dumb-ass Kat would take a call from TERESA, on SPEAKERPHONE, in Jac's presence?

Oh.

I forgot.

TPTB are pulling all the strings, and the puppets are responding accordingly.
    Punkin likes this.

Kat doin' a STRIP ROUTINE?

Lord God have mercy, HELP us!

And ROSIE is feeling good after her "talk" with Teresa????

Oh, boy.

Good for Jac, that she's choosing to opt out of the "retreat".

Wouldn't at ALL surprise me to see here THERE, though.

+ Reply to Thread