+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 757 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980120170570 ... LastLast
Like Tree2728Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;3519515;
    There wasn't anything spontaneous about that book at all.
    Especially since it had to be planted there by Bravo. Danielle wasn't carrying a purse large enough to hold it, so unless she had it strapped to her inner thigh, it had to have been already there for her, under the table or the chair, I guess.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz;3516724;
    I read several people thought Teresa was saying something to the effect of, "You had sex at my shore house!" I'm not sure why that would be such issue with Teresa, since it sounds like she has sex on the brain too. Unless...it's all talk with her...and maybe she's jealous...lol

Honestly, they're all an embarrassment except for Jacqueline. It takes a certain personalty to want to put their lives on TV, so I'm not surprised that they're all a bit cuckoo (ala Dina) plus crazy times ten (ala Caroline).
    I can't see Theresa objecting since she apparently lent it out to Wozzisface? Steve? Baldy? for an assegnation.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf 5;3516772;
    Really????? I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. Evidently we saw the show through two very different viewpoints and that is what makes this site interesting(at least to me). I never said that T. was completely innocent in all of this but D. had already basically told her to shut her pie hole till she was done and then she could talk all she wanted. That was sort of a not so nice reaction to someone trying to speak. Do I really think T;s dissertation on her "bubbies" and "soreness" was appropriate dinner conversation...absolutely not! To say that people with very low self-esteem react violently to being "dissed" could also apply to D. as well. She just throws words around instead of tables. "coming to your door and not alone" was clearly heard by more people than just me. "Them's fightin' words" in my book. I still stand by my last statement that none of us know what went on after we shut off our hour of "entertainment". ( or before for that matter). Truly I am not trying to be insulting just stating a completely different p.o.v.
    No insult taken. I didn't think the 'wait till I'm finished then you can rip into me' was so bad, but the addition of 'Sweetheart' was a bit needless.

I still don't get the 'not alone.' I can't figure out what she means if not a threat of something nasty. I just don't get it and she's never explained it.

I did have a thought though - perhaps she tried to put the fear of God into them by hinting that she'd bring the IRS with her!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by newshound;3517302;
    I think that Dina, Caroline, and Teresa share a long history of friendship with one another. They've been tight for a long time, so there's a lot of trust and affection there.

Then, Danielle is added to the group because of the show, which is kind of a contrived situation. It seemed to me that she, in an effort to get in the thick of things and avoid being the odd one out, focused on Jacqueline because she recognized that J was the weak link. She took a divide and conquer approach by trying to capitalize on Dina and J's issues (which I'm sure she knew about through the rumor mill). I think it's obvious that Danielle recognized Caroline's social status as the owner of the Brownstone and figured that the best way to wriggle her way into the family was through J.

It's funny to me that during the last supper, Danielle continued to make a point of how much she respected Caroline, even though Caroline hasn't given Danielle much respect. The only explanation for why Danielle continues to kiss Caroline's butt is that Danielle doesn't want to burn bridges with the Manzo family because she finds it valuable to be connected with them, even though it's partly a negative connection through the fighting and conflict.

Say what you will about Dina, but I think she was pretty wise when she said that she didn't know why they all stayed for the altercation and they probably all should have left. I think they should have. They were ambushed and they didn't need to subject themselves to that situation. Even if they were contractually obligated to go to Bravo's dinner, the blowup didn't happen until dessert, so if they had left, what could the network have done to them, really?

Danielle equals drama and I think if the other women had to do it over again, they would have done more to insulate themselves from her drama. I think the producers helped to trick the women into falling into Danielle's trap.
    Yeeeeessss but I thought that Theresa and Danielle knew each other before, or were at least 'friendly acquaintances' if that's not too strange a term. And the other three had to have known that Bravo would want a few more ladies in the mix.

And I'm certain they were contractually obligated to go - I was watching RHONY and in the discussion about Kelly's Halloween party, Kelly said "well why did you even come then" and Alex said "we were contractually obligated to go."

Then I remember Maxmax in his little tiny speedos or whatever and lost track of the show....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3518754;
    I agree they all behaved badly, but it snowballed from when Danielle placed the book on the table, sat there with that smug superior "gotcha" look on her face, and then launched into the whole topic. Doesn't matter to me whether it was a cast party or a housewarming party ... the subject(s) Danielle was bringing up by way of the book, who did what to whom, what she was alleged to have done in the book, etc., were for "mature audiences only," not for kids being present or within earshot. I blame it as much on Bravo as on her. Bravo can't force anyone to do anything they have a moral objection to, though, so Danielle could have agreed to confront everyone about the book gossip, but just in a different setting without the kids.
    I see the hand of Bravo in all this; I think they egged Danielle on and everyone knew that she'd been egged on. If you remember (a) she said her knees were shaking - hardly matching the idea that she really was having nasty fun and (b) she said she didn't want 'this' - hardly matching the 'divide and conquer' theory. I think that's why they were all able afterward to go for a drink with the atmosphere of 'well that was unpleasant but it's over at least.'

FORT Fogey

Given the ratings, Bravo really needs to kiss Theresa's well padded this season.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3519749;
    I see the hand of Bravo in all this; I think they egged Danielle on and everyone knew that she'd been egged on. If you remember (a) she said her knees were shaking - hardly matching the idea that she really was having nasty fun and (b) she said she didn't want 'this' - hardly matching the 'divide and conquer' theory. I think that's why they were all able afterward to go for a drink with the atmosphere of 'well that was unpleasant but it's over at least.'
    Did I say anything about a divide and conquer theory??? My point was, and is, that even if/though Danielle was egged on by Bravo ... of which I have no doubt ... she could have agreed to confront everyone about the gossip, just not with the children there. She had to know it would get at least somewhat nasty and confrontational. Kids don't process things the same way adults do, and just because her girls seem okay doesn't mean they are. Take it from someone who grew up in a family war zone with an over-the-top mother.

Sadly, though, pretty as Danielle's daughters are, I think they may be just as delusional as she is. I think it was the older one who made some comment about people always going after the "pretty girl." She was referring to her mother. Sorry, a lot can be said about Danielle, but "pretty" is not an adjective that I would ever use about her.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;3519515;
    I knew the whole book thing was a set-up by the producers right after she pulled it out and put it on the table. One of the men (Theresa's husband maybe???) said something like "what's that" or "what's that about". Something like that. Anyway, he had to have been living under a rock not to have known about the book by then. I'm sure it was talked about quite a bit in each one of their houses. There wasn't anything spontaneous about that book at all.
    he might not have known..my husband don't listen to me and my girlfriends gossip.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3519828;
    Sadly, though, pretty as Danielle's daughters are, I think they may be just as delusional as she is. I think it was the older one who made some comment about people always going after the "pretty girl." She was referring to her mother. Sorry, a lot can be said about Danielle, but "pretty" is not an adjective that I would ever use about her.
    I would use the word crazy to describe Danielle and it is sad that she would have her daughters their to see all that drama go down

+ Reply to Thread