+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2800Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

I had to laugh when Melissa was speaking with the book "people" and they wanted her to really go into her childhood more.
    Melissa hems and haws about not wanting to really open up about all of that...that she's a private person and doesn't open up to others..............and then she continues to go on and on telling the world all about her these private things that she doesn't want to talk about while being filmed.

Why did she hurriedly shove her laptop under the bed when hubby, Joe Fireplug (thank you, Prism, for that) comes in the room?
    mom2 and Imperfect1 like this.

The older generation of Gorgas are in no position to give sibling/family relationship advice to anyone. IIRC havn't Mr Gorga & his sister (Kathy's Mom) been in a bitter feud to decades??? This posion is already trickling down to the 3rd generation. Just look at how Gia speaks about Melissa & Joe. She is not old or experienced enough to come to those conclusions on her own. She has her mother using her for advice.
    To Kathy's mom's credit I have never heard her speak ill of her brother.
    Punkin and Imperfect1 like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Ooooh, ITA.

If only Kathy'd shown Rich she's got a mind and a mouth from the very early days of their relationship, they wouldn't be having the issues they are now, with her dessert business.

Of COURSE, you HAVE to learn to pick your battles and compromise. NOBODY gets their way ALL the time. But, to just let a guy dictate and run EVERY aspect of your relationship, to make yourself the rings around his planet Saturn from Day One?

Well, if you let your actions and silence write checks in your relationship that --- sooner or later --- your ass is going to get tired of cashing, then you're going to find yourself with major problems between the two of you when you DO decide that it's finally time to close the bank. And your customer will find himself angry and frustrated, standing outside of the locked door, banging on it for entrance, while you just stand inside and stare at him.

Kathy should've put Rich on blast YEARS ago and made him aware that she's got a mind and a mouth, and DESERVES to have her opinion heard and considered!

ESPECIALLY about things that are centered on HER, and ESPECIALLY since they're SUPPOSED to be a TEAM!

HER bad!
    I love your analogies, Ness. Thanks for making me smile and giggle every day with your unique way of expressing yourself. ITA with all you have said.

FORT Fan

One thing for sure...the hatred is certainly real.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    I think it stems from generations of bad breeding. They display precious little intellect, little knowledge of nor desire for education; coupled with an apparent low level of intelligence (do IQ tests still exist?- if so they're all probably in the high 90s). Physically they're stubby, fireplug trolls with Neanderthal foreheads, tending toward the look prevalent in people with underdeveloped brains. None of the Gorgas nor JooDices are able to speak in grammatically correct, complete sentences; their syntax is almost always out of whack, their knowledge of the world is incomplete, they have little curiosity about their environment, and no useful knowledge about how to raise children- which gives rise to the continuing generational bad breeding.

Collectively, their modus operandi is to lie, cheat, and steal their way through life. They have little self-awareness, again that pesky lack of intellect. The grandparents, when shown, are mostly silent; but if we were to hear a string of half-sentences from the old folks, no doubt it would be clear that the current generation of lowbrows came by it honestly.

I know this is harsh. These people are garbage. They continue earning that description with every episode. We watch with mouths agape. And Bravo takes it to the bank.
    My thoughts exactly, though I didn't think of it in this way until your post. I agree. Low intellect. Trollish appearance. I hate to say this, but when Milania was running out onto the soccer field, all that was going through my head was how like a small troll she looked, and I hate to say that about a child. It's the breeding though. Theresa and Joe both have those huge eyes and Theresa has that really weird low forehead. They are strange to look at. Melissa isn't related by blood so looks a bit different, but she isn't much to look at either. And not intelligent. Any offspring from that pair probably will only take forward everything that's problematic now. It's very telling that Theresa's dad and Kathy's mom haven't spoken in years, and Dina and Caroline don't speak, by all accounts. One wonders what would cause that severe a rift. Immediately one must assume from this show that it was something very petty and childish. Rosie and her screaming are getting on my nerves. My God, did you see the way those people in the bar were looking at her and Theresa? I would have crawled under the table with embarrassment.

I guess Melissa is just a total famewhore. I don't know who told her that anybody would care to read about her life, but it all sounds pretty boring to me. I think it's awful that she would want to write about her dad's infidelity at all. Possible infidelity, not sure anybody said it was for sure. If I were asking my family how they felt about that, and I got the reaction she got, I would scrub it right there. No book. They are not really comfortable with it, most notably her mother. She does deify her dad, and it makes me sick to my stomach because I have personal experience with a child who seems to adore an abusive father. I did my best to protect her from being raised in an abusive household, but the legal system failed me and her completely. Much as she knows, and says to me, that her father is a useless person who has been a terrible father, she still loves him and I believe it comes too with a never-ending desire to please that parent whom one never could please. I'm the parent she talks to about her life, her likes and dislikes, her personal thoughts. She is so much like me it makes my heart ache at times. But there is always this feeling that because she KNOWS 100% that she will always have my unconditional love, she seeks it from the one who never gave it at all.

Sigh. I'm sad now. We all live with some dysfunction, I'm afraid, some sadness perpetrated upon us by a person we allowed into our lives or a person whom we had no choice by virtue of blood ties. We can learn from these experiences and hopefully not repeat them thus continuing the cycle. We can only hold our breaths and hope that our young decide to break from it too. In the cases of these particular reality tv families, the choice has been made to continue the drama and to expand it for money. Very sad. Shame on you Melissa, et al.
    Punkin, Prism, Imperfect1 and 2 others like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't think anyone should allow another person (a family member) decide what their path is going to be. To thine own self be true. It's the only way to live your life. You can't sit around and worry, worry, worry about other people. Maybe if they lived their lives being true to themselves, they'd see life a lot differently, and be OK with others doing the same.
    Prism and norealityhere like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

lilymax, that was a wonderful post.

Lilymax, what you said is really kind. You are more introspective than me - I just put it out there off the top of my head - ah, well ! I hold these people in such low regard that all I see in them is ugly ugly ugly.

I suppose most families learn from experience - especially from relationship failure - but not this gang of heathens. Sorry to say they continue having children who become who they are now. Just so darned ugly and brainless. Our world needs quality if we're to survive. What's worse is that I suppose there are millions more like them. I think they're dragging humanity down.

I wish Bravo would find some upstanding, interesting, clever, witty, humorous, talented people to film.
    Punkin likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Lilymax, what you said is really kind. You are more introspective than me - I just put it out there off the top of my head - ah, well ! I hold these people in such low regard that all I see in them is ugly ugly ugly.

I suppose most families learn from experience - especially from relationship failure - but not this gang of heathens. Sorry to say they continue having children who become who they are now. Just so darned ugly and brainless. Our world needs quality if we're to survive. What's worse is that I suppose there are millions more like them. I think they're dragging humanity down.

I wish Bravo would find some upstanding, interesting, clever, witty, humorous, talented people to film.
    Well, you are right about these people, and I agree. I didn't know I was being kind, so maybe I should say that I also don't hold out any hope for this lot. I find them despicable, especially what they do to the kids.

I too would love it if Bravo would find people like the ones you mention to film. But i don't think Andy sees it that way. He really isn't very nice is he? I mean, he can seem nice, but I have to question why he seems to thrive on this bs.
    Punkin and mom2 like this.

Exactly. He hasn't matured past 5th grade and believes America demands this type of "entertainment". I have dropped all other RH shows, and am close to dropping this one. Can we get some positive story lines going please?
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread