+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2850Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

It will be a complete uphill battle for Kathy to stand her ground with Rich. I was like that with my first husband and he was totally shocked when I became a strong woman....no, change that to "when the strong woman in me" came out and no longer took his controlling ways. Hope she stays the course.
    I don't understand Melissa's total devotion to a man (her father) who was not a good example of a father or a husband. Guess it's the old story of the abused child loving the abusing parent the most, which is very sad. But she talks about him with such devotion all the while it was her mother who stayed the good parent and raised her while daddy was out playing around on the whole family. Hard for me to understand.
    Punkin, ness, Jexter and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    It will be a complete uphill battle for Kathy to stand her ground with Rich. I was like that with my first husband and he was totally shocked when I became a strong woman....no, change that to "when the strong woman in me" came out and no longer took his controlling ways. Hope she stays the course.
    I don't understand Melissa's total devotion to a man (her father) who was not a good example of a father or a husband. Guess it's the old story of the abused child loving the abusing parent the most, which is very sad. But she talks about him with such devotion all the while it was her mother who stayed the good parent and raised her while daddy was out playing around on the whole family. Hard for me to understand.
    Agreed.

Kathy?

Ain't THAT the livin' truth?!

Melissa?

Gotcha.

All I can do is SMH and throw up my hands on THAT one, right alongside you.

After listening to her pretty much all but deifying her father in previous shows, I almost fell to the floor when I heard her talk about how he played around on her mother.

Whoah.

I guess it IS the old story of the abused child loving the abusing parent the most.

SMH.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fan

I always thought the Giudice/Gorga feud stemmed from a series of mis-matched personalities and misunderstandings, but this season, my opinions have changed. I think almost all parties involved are pure evil; Melissa being the most manipulative of them all. Let's face it...Teresa was right. Melissa is a Princess who wouldn't have given Joe the time of day if he was broke and I do think she would leave him if a man with more cash came along. I think Teresa saw right through her, but it's so sad that no one listens to Teresa because she's no saint and has plenty of demons of her own. Don't get me wrong...Teresa is wicked, but definitely not evil, like Melissa. What's worse for Teresa is that she obviously has a PR team this season that is telling her exactly how to save face in the eyes of the viewers.

A family was destroyed because of this show. It's time to let the show die.
    Kiz likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I do not agree.
    Punkin likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

IDK...I was a cheated on spouse. The very last thing I would ever want anyone to ever do would be to write about it in a very public forum/book/tv show. While you do eventually heal & forgive, there is a very painful scar that always remains & picking at it always, always hurts. Melissa, the man is dead...leave it be in the past where it belongs. While her Mom may appear to give her approval I will bet she is still gutted.

The rest of the lot...when did screaming & yelling become acceptable forms of communication? The same goes for tweeting & facebook....JUST STOP!
    Punkin and Eastcoastmom like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I felt sorry for Melissa's mother most of all.
    Does Melissa actually think she's that popular and that people are going to race out and buy her book.
    And, it sounds like her father was not a saint, but I don't think splashing his and the family's name in such a public arena as a book is going to help anyone. Certainly not Melissa's mother who seems to have really shielded her girls, esp. Melissa from the Dad's philandering ways. Melissa, you should have allowed your Mom to keep whatever dignity she has left. She looked pretty pained to me.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

EXACTLY! Melissa's mother deserves dignity & respect. What she really doesn't need is a very public rehash of her husband's duplicit life. Let that bone where it is buried. How can Melissa possibly think this can help anybody??? It is the most painful thing I have ever had to deal with. 9 years later & I still cry. The subject is never really brought up anymore by my family but in those rare instances I shut it down with a none of my business remark, leave it be.
    Punkin and norealityhere like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I do not agree.
    Please, do share. I am so fascinated by the Giudice/Gorga feud. It's so incredibly sad, I want to analyze the hell out of it! What do you think it stems from? Who is most wicked of them all? Are there any (somewhat) innocent victims in the mix?

The only innocents in this sad tale are the children, and they are being tainted from prejudiced and emotional information from their parents.
    Tre and Mel are equally guilty, their only difference is method. I tend to believe trouble started with tre's marriage to joeguidice. Mel sure didnt help when she came on the scene.
    I keep hoping the elder Gorgas will start speaking again and lead the way for the others.
    Punkin, Prism and channel5lady like this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by channel5lady View Post
    Please, do share. I am so fascinated by the Giudice/Gorga feud. It's so incredibly sad, I want to analyze the hell out of it! What do you think it stems from? Who is most wicked of them all? Are there any (somewhat) innocent victims in the mix?
    I think it stems from generations of bad breeding. They display precious little intellect, little knowledge of nor desire for education; coupled with an apparent low level of intelligence (do IQ tests still exist?- if so they're all probably in the high 90s). Physically they're stubby, fireplug trolls with Neanderthal foreheads, tending toward the look prevalent in people with underdeveloped brains. None of the Gorgas nor JooDices are able to speak in grammatically correct, complete sentences; their syntax is almost always out of whack, their knowledge of the world is incomplete, they have little curiosity about their environment, and no useful knowledge about how to raise children- which gives rise to the continuing generational bad breeding.

Collectively, their modus operandi is to lie, cheat, and steal their way through life. They have little self-awareness, again that pesky lack of intellect. The grandparents, when shown, are mostly silent; but if we were to hear a string of half-sentences from the old folks, no doubt it would be clear that the current generation of lowbrows came by it honestly.

I know this is harsh. These people are garbage. They continue earning that description with every episode. We watch with mouths agape. And Bravo takes it to the bank.
    Punkin, mom2, Imperfect1 and 1 others like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

+ Reply to Thread