+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2810Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I am 1/2 Italian. If my parents had their way my va-jayjay would have been super glued until after I was married & even afterwards I am sure would have crossed their minds. Seriously! I got pregnant 3 months AFTER I was married & I swear my parents were embarassed about that fact. They actually counted the months until I had my son; 3 weeks before my 1st wedding anniversary. At first my Mom actually tld me she was ashamed of me until I pointed out she got pregnant on her honeymoon & my Mom isn't my Italian half!

I don't have daughters but isn't it almost mandatory for girls to receive the HPV vaccine?

Let me edit this to say I am in my 50's & my Mom never, ever had the sex talk with me! I had it with my sons when they were told enough to understand what that thing was useful for other than peeing. Their father...ummm...noooo...but then again he really didn't know what it was used for himself.

Man talk about giddy Friday summer afternoon talk!
    Hysterical!

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    that thing
    even more hysterical !!

I can't stand Melissa, but it was way out of line for Teresa to attack her at the party. And how petty can you get? She actually wanted to pick a fight over how long Melissa waited before going to the hospital to visit her FIL??? That is ridiculous!

Let me reiterate; I abhor Melissa. I think she's an egotistical diva famewhore who hasn't got much talent, if any. If she writes an advice book I cannot imagine anybody who would take advice from her; nor do I think she can write anything of interest to anybody. But Teresa won't take ownership of anything she's ever done to cause problems and continues to cry innocence. It's ridiculous considering how blatantly she sets up and attacks Melissa; it makes her look a crazy fool when she insists that she's trying so hard.

Here's the difference in the two for me: I want to like, or at least to not hate Teresa but damn! the way she's always picking the fights instead of moving on makes me almost have to dislike her. As for Melissa, I can't stand her and I don't want to like her, so I don't care if she does stupid things and says stupid things. Just so I'm clear on the difference, lol.

These women are nuts! Gia should be sent away to school. Far, far, far away....
    mom2, mina and norealityhere like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If Gia is sent away to school, who would be there to tell Teresa what to do?
    ness, mayamaisha and Dragonlady like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    If Gia is sent away to school, who would be there to tell Teresa what to do?
    Amen.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    I can't stand Melissa, but it was way out of line for Teresa to attack her at the party. And how petty can you get? She actually wanted to pick a fight over how long Melissa waited before going to the hospital to visit her FIL??? That is ridiculous!

Let me reiterate; I abhor Melissa. I think she's an egotistical diva famewhore who hasn't got much talent, if any. If she writes an advice book I cannot imagine anybody who would take advice from her; nor do I think she can write anything of interest to anybody. But Teresa won't take ownership of anything she's ever done to cause problems and continues to cry innocence. It's ridiculous considering how blatantly she sets up and attacks Melissa; it makes her look a crazy fool when she insists that she's trying so hard.

Here's the difference in the two for me: I want to like, or at least to not hate Teresa but damn! the way she's always picking the fights instead of moving on makes me almost have to dislike her. As for Melissa, I can't stand her and I don't want to like her, so I don't care if she does stupid things and says stupid things. Just so I'm clear on the difference, lol.

These women are nuts! Gia should be sent away to school. Far, far, far away....
    I agree with all of this! I don't like Melissa or the other Joe; they are awful in their own way. BUT, at the party and at the gym with her brother; it was Teresa bringing up stupid stuff to fight about. I'm glad Joe stood up to her at the gym and questioned how her husband treats her. If she wants to bring up how awful Melissa is everytime she sees her brother then I understand his frustration. Teresa needs to let it go; she's just a one trick pony with one thing on her mind. It's old.
    Punkin, AmyKay and Imperfect1 like this.

Melissa's Joe was hitting the nail on the head when he "put it to" Teresa at the gym! Like my signature line says, you know which dog you hit by the one that yelps and, in this case, that dog not only yelped but it went running out of the gym!

I guess the heat got a little too hot in the kitchen.
    Punkin, GabbyG and Lizard like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I can't edit my above post but I wanted to add that Teresa doesn't need to make Melissa look bad; in fact, neither of them need to make the other look bad- they do a fine job of it on their own just being themselves. I loved when Joe asked Teresa if she cooks!
    Punkin and mom2 like this.

I loved how she just looked at him soundlessly and with her mouth gaping open!! He struck ANOTHER nerve with that one!!!
    Punkin likes this.

FORT Fogey

I support Theresa in all this. I have from the beginning and I still do today. But, enough is enough already. Melissa won't change, Joe won't change. At some point, Teresa just needs to realize and accept this and move on.

In Teresa's defense, the stubborness runs in the family. Her father and aunt have a comparable feud going that seems to have lasted a lifetime.

Teresa's biggest problem, and the one that keep her in constant battles, is that she's a right fighter. It's more important for her to be right and to win an argument than to make peace. And even when she's wrong, she'll ignore the evidence so that in her head she's right. That's why she can say with a straight face that she doesn't hold grudges, when in fact she dresses in grudge, eats grudge for breakfast and poops grudge in the afternoon.

There was no reason for her to start another fight about the hospital visits. None whatsoever. But she's so driven by her need to be right and to win arguments that she's constantly on the look for ammunition. I think she's got some sort of personality disorder. No normal person can be that blind to their faults.
    Punkin, prhoshay, mom2 and 3 others like this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread