+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2794Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    MsDiva, I am not here to speak for ness, but I believe she meant it "figuratively" when she stated she would "love to slap the livin' fire out of Gia".

ITA w/you about the grown Manzo's. Ugh.
    THANK you, momrek!

Obviously, YOU (and some others!) "get" me, so, feel free to speak for me ANYTIME!!!!!!
    momrek06 likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    THANK you, momrek!

Obviously, YOU (and some others!) "get" me, so, feel free to speak for me ANYTIME!!!!!!
    Thank you, Darlin'!!!!!
    ness likes this.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

I don't like to speak poorly of any kid - on reality tv or in the real world. They are the product of their upbringing and genetics and are only in the process of learning that they can change their behaviors, etc.

I suppose Caroline's kids are old enough to justify a little harping, but I actually like all 3 of them. None are rocket scientists, but they are nice and friendly enough. I am NOT a fan of Caroline or Al, but to their credit, the kids turned out well. They are kind and seem to be doing what they can to forge their own paths. I don't begrudge any of them for living at home (I think only the girl is in the parent's home these days). In today's economy, I don't blame any of them. So long as they are working and moving forward in life, I don't see a problem with it. The younger brother and the sister are kind of snooze fests, but for some reason, I like Albie. I think he is more tuned in and sensitive to people than his siblings.

As to Gia, I have actually been really impressed by her this season. She has a mouth on her where Theresa is concerned, but that isn't uncommon for a girl of her age. And, I'm guessing school might not be the easiest place to be given her mother's and father's questionable notoriety. This might make the relationship even more tenuous than the normal mother-daughter relationship at that time of life.

She is obviously a very sensitive and caring person. She did not want her sister to joke about her grandfather dying and she is tuned in to the family feud in a big way. Given all the hysterics surrounding her, I think she is handling things very, very well. I also think Theresa handles her well. She backs off and doesn't fight back. She is letting Gia express herself and grow. Alot of mothers make the mistake of fighting back and sqashing the child's freedom of expression and therefore growth. Sometimes it's best just to let it go....like the butterfly expression. Something like that

Imagine the camera's on most 13 year-olds you can think of. Scary thought. Gia is, so far, normal.

Now, having said all this, the best gift Theresa could give her daughters at this time is to make up with Melissa - at least on paper. She should set an example for her girls on rising above these things. Gia is at the age where she would benefit most by this lesson and it would be a valuable one to learn.
    GabbyG, Prism and sparklete like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Lauren:

"Teresa's kids are like they were raised by wolves."

Truer words were NEVER spoken!

ETA . . .

Teresa and her story about the spiked wine?

Believe it or not, I've actually HEARD that before.

BUT . . .

To have yourself filmed on freaking NATIONAL TV telling THAT story????!!!!???

ONLY Teresa.

What a filthy, disgusting pig she is.

But then again, this is the SAME woman that badgered her did-not-give-damn husband into doing her in a vineyard with cameras and mics and other cast members within sight and hearing.

PIG.

She even SOUNDS like a squealing pig when she TALKS!

Hey, [B]ness[/]......Tell us how you REALLY feel!!!!!

I'm not sure if I'd rather snatch Gia or Milania! Pretty close race there. And I don't think Milania was making a joke about her grandfather dying; she was just stating a fact. I thought it was pretty mature, actually. The other child, can't remember her name, seems sane (not the baby).
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I see nothing wrong with any of the little kids on this show at all. They are rambunctious at times,but so are most kids. Frankly kids who are not worry me. Kids should be able runaround and have fun. Kids do argue and fight with each other and through this they learn many lessons on getting along with others something necessary for surviving the real world.

I adore Tre and her interaction with her kids. You can tell she is Hands on with them and close to them. Melissa's kids must have been born in a barn too since they have been seen hitting and slapping each other too. Let kids be kids and express themselves now before the world stifles their creativity with its negativity.
    Jexter and norealityhere like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    No need to she is his brainless sex toy. wind her up and there she goes.
    I thought Melissa had a degree to be a teacher, which is by no means an easy thing to achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    I thought Melissa had a degree to be a teacher, which is by no means an easy thing to achieve.
    The world is teeming with educated fools.They have book smarts but lack common sense.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Seems to me the families, even the children, are hard to like. Not b/c the children practice enormously aberrant behavior; most of the time they seem fairly normal. But when they act out in public, they're not taken aside to be reminded of manners or courtesy, for example when Teresa's daughters tore apart a clothing store; and when they get mouthy, snapping at the parents. They're not taught civility at home. They act like little churls; it's not attractive. They are getting socialization cues at school, small compensation for abysmal failure of their parents.

Here's what sums up these families in my mind: Gorga has a realtor open house to showcase his home. He thinks it's worth, what, 5 million? Realtors think it's worth, what, maybe a third of that.... b/c, as realtors point out, construction is shoddy, materials are substandard, i.e. lousy crown molding is chipped off, the fiberboard countertop in the bathroom with fake flaky marble is coming off in large chunks at the edges.

Gorga thinks he has a "Multimillion Dollar Family". Well, guess what, the veneer on that family is spray-on gold paint from the Dollar Store; the kids and wife dress in garish gypsy clothing that's probably not paid for; the Gorga wife records songs that are sheer autotune; they're up to their eyeballs in debt; lawsuits for nonpayment and fraud; net worth is minus 1.5 million Celebrity Net Worth - Richest Rappers, Celebrity Houses and Salary they're nothing but a bunch of nickel rockets. The JooDice family - they're worse than the Gorga mess.
    Punkin, mom2, momrek06 and 1 others like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    The world is teeming with educated fools.They have book smarts but lack common sense.
    I suspect she's lying about her degree... or she slid through barely passing. She is not an intelligent individual. Fool, yes. Educated, nope.
    momrek06 and MsDiva2007 like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Seems to me the families, even the children, are hard to like. Not b/c the children practice enormously aberrant behavior; most of the time they seem fairly normal. But when they act out in public, they're not taken aside to be reminded of manners or courtesy, for example when Teresa's daughters tore apart a clothing store; and when they get mouthy, snapping at the parents. They're not taught civility at home. They act like little churls; it's not attractive. They are getting socialization cues at school, small compensation for abysmal failure of their parents.

Here's what sums up these families in my mind: Gorga has a realtor open house to showcase his home. He thinks it's worth, what, 5 million? Realtors think it's worth, what, maybe a third of that.... b/c, as realtors point out, construction is shoddy, materials are substandard, i.e. lousy crown molding is chipped off, the fiberboard countertop in the bathroom with fake flaky marble is coming off in large chunks at the edges.

Gorga thinks he has a "Multimillion Dollar Family". Well, guess what, the veneer on that family is spray-on gold paint from the Dollar Store; the kids and wife dress in garish gypsy clothing that's probably not paid for; the Gorga wife records songs that are sheer autotune; they're up to their eyeballs in debt; lawsuits for nonpayment and fraud; net worth is minus 1.5 million Celebrity Net Worth - Richest Rappers, Celebrity Houses and Salary they're nothing but a bunch of nickel rockets. The JooDice family - they're worse than the Gorga mess.
    AMEN, Prism.

ITA with everything you have said.

Period.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread