+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 804 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879119169569 ... LastLast
Like Tree3476Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Kiz

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

I usually watch Fox and Friends, but I missed it this morning...darn. Thanks for the recap though, megan.

If, by any stretch of the imagination, I thought the party was a legitimate house warming party thrown by Teresa and Joe, I would say it was tacky for Danielle to bring the book and be a party pooper. However, no way was this a house warming party, it was a end of season cast party. Teresa has said they've been working on the house for three years, so why have a house warming party now, before it's ready, after all that time? I think Danielle was perfectly justified to bring the book to the restaurant (or Bravo was..lol). After all, it's a show their filming, not real life situations. Had the women not gone ballistic, there was no reason the kids would have been a party to the drama. In Teresa's words, her defense about all her sex talk was that the kids were at another table and out of ear shot. She can't have it both ways. Either the kids were safely tucked away from her frank discussions about her sex life, or they weren't. Had the women conducted themselves as normal people in a public place, the kids should not have been privy to the conversation, at least according to Teresa.

Teresa likes to say she has class. Well, if low-class is a class, then she has it in spades. I'm no Danielle fan either, but I think the four of them (excluding Jacqueline) are all on equal footing when it comes to trashy behavior.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz;3518682;
    If, by any stretch of the imagination, I thought the party was a legitimate house warming party thrown by Teresa and Joe, I would say it was tacky for Danielle to bring the book and be a party pooper. However, no way was this a house warming party, it was a end of season cast party. Teresa has said they've been working on the house for three years, so why have a house warming party now, before it's ready, after all that time? I think Danielle was perfectly justified to bring the book to the restaurant (or Bravo was..lol). After all, it's a show their filming, not real life situations. Had the women not gone ballistic, there was no reason the kids would have been a party to the drama.
    I agree they all behaved badly, but it snowballed from when Danielle placed the book on the table, sat there with that smug superior "gotcha" look on her face, and then launched into the whole topic. Doesn't matter to me whether it was a cast party or a housewarming party ... the subject(s) Danielle was bringing up by way of the book, who did what to whom, what she was alleged to have done in the book, etc., were for "mature audiences only," not for kids being present or within earshot. I blame it as much on Bravo as on her. Bravo can't force anyone to do anything they have a moral objection to, though, so Danielle could have agreed to confront everyone about the book gossip, but just in a different setting without the kids.

Wonder what would have happened if she had planted the book on the table, everyone looked at it for a second, then they went back to their normal conversation as if nothing had happened? Or if they never responded to anything she said ... just let her talk and then picked up the conversation where it was left off? That would have been hilarious to me. She would have gone bonkers.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fan

A couple comments after watching the final episode for the upteenth time....

I'm sure the "final supper" was Bravo thing, but usually one of the housewives "hosts" it... don't they? In RHoNY, Jill's charity event was the finale / cast party (and last year didn't she "host" the dinner at the restaurant?), so I think they use whatever they can as an excuse to have everyone get together. But it's definitely a Bravo sponsored event. Although, I thought I heard Jacqueline say that they (her & her husband) would pick up the tab for the after dinner drinks at the bar, did anyone else hear that?

Another thing I noticed in the finale was that Caroline's daughter was drinking from a champagne glass as they went from the bar to the dinner table, and then after "the book" appeared and the younger kids were asked to leave, she was drinking from a wine glass.. of course it could have been water, but still a bit risky on Bravos behalf. (Unless the drinking age in NJ isn't 21??) I think at 20 it's not as big of a deal as Lynne's 17yr old daughter drinking on camera, but still...

Anyway, I'm counting down to the reunion - I love to watch them try and justify their actions lol..

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3518754;
    I agree they all behaved badly, but it snowballed from when Danielle placed the book on the table, sat there with that smug superior "gotcha" look on her face, and then launched into the whole topic. Doesn't matter to me whether it was a cast party or a housewarming party ... the subject(s) Danielle was bringing up by way of the book, who did what to whom, what she was alleged to have done in the book, etc., were for "mature audiences only," not for kids being present or within earshot. I blame it as much on Bravo as on her. Bravo can't force anyone to do anything they have a moral objection to, though, so Danielle could have agreed to confront everyone about the book gossip, but just in a different setting without the kids.

The rest of my post answered the question about he kids being present.

Had the women not gone ballistic, there was no reason the kids would have been a party to the drama. In Teresa's words, her defense about all her sex talk was that the kids were at another table and out of ear shot. She can't have it both ways. Either the kids were safely tucked away from her frank discussions about her sex life, or they weren't. Had the women conducted themselves as normal people in a public place, the kids should not have been privy to the conversation, at least according to Teresa.
    There was no reason to bring up all the tawdry accusations in the book at the dinner. Danielle's main beef was that she was made the butt of salon gossip, and they should have come to her first so she could have had a chance to defend herself. It's very childish on all their parts, but either the kids shouldn't have been able to hear the adults talk, as per Teresa, or they could have conducted themselves as normal adults (which would not have landed them on the show, because normal people need not apply ).

This was an article in "PeopleWatch" which I guess is going to be in the actual magazine but I could be wrong so don't quote me. It is an interview with DaniBev.
    She freely admits that she told her kids about the book before the show. She also admits she was a stripper, got arrested and changed her name. That was three true things in the book not two. I am not quoting directly so therefore no quote marks...but something to the effect that if this all helps her to get a book deal or whatever...good for her.
    I have also read on other sites similar to this one that DaniBev was the one who wanted the book brought on the show and the others really did not. She also does not live in Franklin Lakes/Patterson, she lives in Wayne. So her saying to bring out in the town where she has lived longer than they have is also not exactly being honest.
    So anyway the point of this is....she brought alot of this hot mess on herself and for her to act like it was everyone else's doing is just wrong. To make it sound like this is all hurting her kids now and such is also her own doing. No one made her go on this show...
    the line about "somebody has to come in and save me and my children" has now come true. Bravo to the rescue. This is her vehicle(if you will) to rich and famous at least in her own mind. I will end this with the ever popular JMHO.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf 5;3518786;
    So anyway the point of this is....she brought alot of this hot mess on herself and for her to act like it was everyone else's doing is just wrong. To make it sound like this is all hurting her kids now and such is also her own doing. No one made her go on this show...
    the line about "somebody has to come in and save me and my children" has now come true. Bravo to the rescue. This is her vehicle(if you will) to rich and famous at least in her own mind. I will end this with the ever popular JMHO.
    The bolded part is what I've been saying throughout the thread. Thank you for expressing it so well. Between the mess that she created and tried to blame on everyone else, and her statement about needing someone to save her and her children (plus the threats she issued at the end of the dinner), she made it very clear who she is.

You are welcome...
    I too as someone stated above(I'm sorry I can't remember who..old age!) wondered what would have happened if they just would have ignored the book plant. Just kept right on talking and walked into the other room like it wasn't even there. You can usually tell when someone is trying to break into a conversation so just keep talking(which I suspect would not be hard for these guys) so they can't interrupt. I would bet the restaurant would still be trying to get the smoke that came out of DaniBev's ears out of there

FORT Fogey

Yes, that would have been very interesting! I wonder how much time actually elapsed between when she dramatically placed the book on the table and when she started talking about it. I'm pretty sure there was some editing ... it looked like she pulled out the book around the time they were eating appetizers (the oysters), but I read somewhere that the "discussion" didn't take place until after dessert. If that's true, was everyone ignoring the elephant in the room all that time? We were only shown everyone sort of looking sideways at the book and not saying anything, but for how long? I think I'd have been tempted to say something immediately ...couldn't stand sitting there watching her smug facial expressions. I would have loved someone to have said, "Sorry, we're not going to sit here while you hijack this dinner," and then everyone gets up and leaves ... to be continued at Caroline's house (home of the attack dog), and Danielle is of course not invited! But I guess that would have ruined Bravo's plans for the finale.

I knew the whole book thing was a set-up by the producers right after she pulled it out and put it on the table. One of the men (Theresa's husband maybe???) said something like "what's that" or "what's that about". Something like that. Anyway, he had to have been living under a rock not to have known about the book by then. I'm sure it was talked about quite a bit in each one of their houses. There wasn't anything spontaneous about that book at all.

+ Reply to Thread