+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2661Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Yo, momrek . . .

WE GOTTA STICK TOGETHER IN THIS FIGHT, DON'TCHA KNOW!!!!!!
    ness likes this.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by mina View Post
    What is it with violence and Kim D's fashion shows?
    Hmmm . . .

Violence and Kim D's shows DO kinda seem to go together like peanut butter and jelly, don't they??

SMH.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I've been reading Caroline's new book, "Let Me Tell You Something" and it's really interesting -- and well done. It's like you're sitting in a room having a conversation with her. And the book has a really interesting mix of anecdotes about her own life, plus, her telling us what 'really' happens behind the scenes in RHNJ (like, how her kids love to tease and prank the camera guys to make them laugh out loud during the shoots, which, of course, ruins the shoots and gets them all into trouble), and problem solving suggestions, recipes, and all kinds of good things. And lots of family pictures, which I love.

Andy interviewed these ladies separately last night. None gave away any big secrets about the coming season of course, but I got the feeling there is going to be a big moment where they all reconcile from what was said. Seemed to have something to do with the big storm and the loss of some of their shore homes.

Kathy has definitely had work done, she looks even different from the reunion. She looks pretty good though. Melissa has a lighter color hair. She bugs me. I have never liked her. I think she tries to act innocent but is shady inside. Her horny, clownish husband has her convinced she is really hot. I also think she is a huge famewhore. I wonder if she is still singing. Her last song sucked.

I don't know what to think of Jacqui. She isn't overly bright. I used to think she was nice, but she seemed shady to me when she turned on Theresa. Not because T didn't deserve it, but just thought it was odd. She seemed to be taking all of her inner turmoil out on Theresa because it was convenient, and everybody else was mad at her. Although I mostly think Theresa is pretty awful, I feel sorry for her sometimes. She isn't very bright in some ways. Her husband is unspeakable, even worse than the Gorga clown.

Caroline annoyed me last season. I don't know what to think of her either.

I might watch but doubt it will be every time. I feel we will probably mostly be bored with maybe one huge epiphany or something.

FORT Fogey

I watched the special, and I pretty much agree with your asessments. I think the truth is with the NJ women, none of them really offer much in the redeeming qualities. When you consider how real the consequences are for the drama they show in NJ vs the other cities, you really have to wonder about the character of ALL the women. In Miami or Orange County, they get into catfights about petty things, and the consequences are that they look silly on TV. When they get in fights in New Jersey, the consequences are that sisters do not speak for years, that cousins don't grow up together, etc. They are REAL issues tearing apart REAL families. You'd think that some of them beyond Dina would decide their families matter more than fame, and quit the show. But no ... they each keep running back each season, crying about how much they are hurting, but beging for more, more more! I agree with you about Melissa being shady. I think she's mastered the art of surrounding herself with bad people, and therefore not looking quite as bad herself. It's very manipulative. Her actions may not be as hurtful as Teresa, and she may not be as blatant in what she does. But in many ways, because she seems to always be in the middle of drama with a "oops, did I do that" reaction, it makes her that much more questionable.

Although I'd side with Melissa over Teresa any day, two things bug me:
    1. Melissa's a pot-stirrer and kind of manipulative. She does it so subtly it's hard to detect, but remember last season's Posche fashion show with the "set up" with the strip club owner? She called Joe and said the guy was spreading rumors, but she didn't want to confront him without her husband there. So of course Joe rushes to the hotel. Then she's acting all innocent, saying "I told you not to come." She knew darned well that he would come to her defense, but because she didn't ask explicitly she could still claim innocence in case things got out of hand.
    2. She acts as if she's already a famous performer. I don't think she's mean or spiteful like Teresa, and she does have talent. But her smoky-eyed camera poses and delusional sense of grandeur are kind of pathetic. She's as legitimate a pop star as Kim Zolciak.
    mom2, GabbyG, Prism and 1 others like this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Do Shilajit, Other Rock Extracts Boost the Immune System? - WSJ.com
    The Manzo brothers may have struck black gold with their water venture. Although I personally find these people repugnant, I give them credit for sticking with this project, and looks like they'll build it into a company that can be sold for real money.

An ignorant public apparently exists for all sorts of products- black water sure isn't the first scam of its kind. The interesting thing - to me - is that these guys, who don't seem all that bright - pursued the project and have taken it mainstream. Who woulda' thought?
    Punkin likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I bought a bottle of black water. It tasted well like plain tap water. The difficult part about this stuff is it isn't exactly black; it is more a brownish black. It just seems like you are drinking...well sewer water and that is a difficult thing to train your brain to not go there. It isn't currently sold anywhere here in my area now.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

God help me, but I'm planning on TiVoing the first episode of the new season. Getting old is both a curse and a blessing. Try as I might I can't remember why I'm no longer supposed to watch this show.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I saw blk water in a store the other day. It made me think of the Manzo's and who would buy black or brown water.

+ Reply to Thread