+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 761 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778118168568 ... LastLast
Like Tree2801Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3516637;
    None of these housewives is entirely blameless, but I would still side with Teresa, Caroline and Dina over Danielle any day. The alternate RHONJ finale - where Danielle whips the cigarette out - showed, for me, Danielle's true character. She kept going on about Teresa formerly living in a home with - gosh darnit - linoleum floors! Not only is Danielle insecure and jealous about all these women, but she speaks as if she is above everyone else. Sorry, but there's only one word for a woman like Danielle and it rhymes with hunt.
    Not a Danielle fan at all, and she seriously needs help, but I would take her over those three witches anyday. On soooo many levels. First, I hate the mean girl/rat pack mentality wherein they think they've found someone to gang up on. Caroline is a bully, know the type well, and thinks she can out bluster her way thru anything by doing her impression of Carmela Soprano. She is the Queen Bitch. Dina is a spoiled self centered cream puff who starts trouble and hides behind big, bad sister. Ever see that loon and her husband's wedding on You Tube? I really hate people who pretend to be something they are not, particularly when they pretend to be so "innocent" and "proper". Danielle at one time said Dina hates her because they are so alike and it's true. Danielle is just more up front about being a gold digger and an appearance obsessed female. Teresa is just delusional and I sometimes wonder about her IQ. To talk about her husband demanding sex while she's recooping from a boob job? To throw over a table because after all the garbage she and the rest were spewing because someone said "pay attention"? And to start throwing out the "whore" etc slurs towards Danielle when none of them know what is or isn't true in the book. Danielle didn't go to prison; her kids out of all the kids seem the most well adjusted. And it was like 20 years ago? And the killer: her excuse: "I'm an Italian girl". Yeah, nice stereotyping, and believe me no Italian I know wants Teresa as their standard bearer and the epitome of Italian womanhood.

And Caroline again. I repeat: If your best friend is Bernie Kerik, disgraced former NYC police commissioner and felon who has a laundry list of unsavory connections and invovements, including using a 9/11 rescue workers' apartment lesed by NYC to bed his mistress...I wouldn't throw stones. At anyone.

Frankly, I hope this season is the only one and all these crazies and their slob husbands slither away. Except Jackie and Chris; they should just move away.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3516281;
    I rewatched both finales over the weekend. After Teresa flips the table and Joe tries to restrain her, she makes some garbled comments. They sound as if she's most upset with Danielle for having done something illicit, with a man, while at Teresa's house.
    Does anybody know what the comments are that Teresa is making?
    I read several people thought Teresa was saying something to the effect of, "You had sex at my shore house!" I'm not sure why that would be such issue with Teresa, since it sounds like she has sex on the brain too. Unless...it's all talk with her...and maybe she's jealous...lol

Honestly, they're all an embarrassment except for Jacqueline. It takes a certain personalty to want to put their lives on TV, so I'm not surprised that they're all a bit cuckoo (ala Dina) plus crazy times ten (ala Caroline).

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3516377;
    Yes but it seemed more to me that she worked herself up to the violence; shoving over a table and losing her composure over being told to "pay attention" (upon embarking on a series of insinuations that the terrible things in 'the book' were true). T was not innocent; she started a "where there's smoke there must be fire" fallacious argument. It was a kind of character assassination beyond that on which Caroline and Dina had embarked. They merely sought, sneakily, to see if 'the book' were true; Teresa leapt to the conclusion that most of it had to be. She was hardly an 'innocent' 'pushed to her limits' - at the very least she pushed first.

Generally it's people with very low self-esteem, like gangsters and the like, who react so violently to being 'dissed.' They're so uncertain of their status that any perceived attack on it is violently resisted. And twice T accused D of 'disrespecting' her. Because, I guess, a person who regales the company with tales of how she's sore because her husband won't leave her alone to heal from the boob-job she just got, really is a lady who deserves to be treated with the utmost of respect.
    Really????? I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. Evidently we saw the show through two very different viewpoints and that is what makes this site interesting(at least to me). I never said that T. was completely innocent in all of this but D. had already basically told her to shut her pie hole till she was done and then she could talk all she wanted. That was sort of a not so nice reaction to someone trying to speak. Do I really think T;s dissertation on her "bubbies" and "soreness" was appropriate dinner conversation...absolutely not! To say that people with very low self-esteem react violently to being "dissed" could also apply to D. as well. She just throws words around instead of tables. "coming to your door and not alone" was clearly heard by more people than just me. "Them's fightin' words" in my book. I still stand by my last statement that none of us know what went on after we shut off our hour of "entertainment". ( or before for that matter). Truly I am not trying to be insulting just stating a completely different p.o.v.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz;3516724;
    I read several people thought Teresa was saying something to the effect of, "You had sex at my shore house!" I'm not sure why that would be such issue with Teresa, since it sounds like she has sex on the brain too. Unless...it's all talk with her...and maybe she's jealous...lol

Honestly, they're all an embarrassment except for Jacqueline. It takes a certain personalty to want to put their lives on TV, so I'm not surprised that they're all a bit cuckoo (ala Dina) plus crazy times ten (ala Caroline).
    I'm thinking, then, that maybe Danielle did do it at T's shore house and, because of T's kids being around, perhaps that's why T was upset.

I agree it takes a certain personality to put their lives on TV.
    I, for one, am glad that these people are willing to do it so that the rest of us can make smarmy comments.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Kiz

I, for one, am glad that these people are willing to do it so that the rest of us can make smarmy comments.
    Yep, they sure make me feel quite happy with my normal life. In fact, I just attended my husband's side of the family Italian wedding this past weekend, and not a single table was flipped. There were no comments on sexual escapades, and if there were any fake bubbies, nobody mentioned them. They just don't know how to party..lol

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3516692;
    Not a Danielle fan at all, and she seriously needs help, but I would take her over those three witches anyday. On soooo many levels. First, I hate the mean girl/rat pack mentality wherein they think they've found someone to gang up on. Caroline is a bully, know the type well, and thinks she can out bluster her way thru anything by doing her impression of Carmela Soprano. She is the Queen Bitch. Dina is a spoiled self centered cream puff who starts trouble and hides behind big, bad sister. Ever see that loon and her husband's wedding on You Tube? I really hate people who pretend to be something they are not, particularly when they pretend to be so "innocent" and "proper". Danielle at one time said Dina hates her because they are so alike and it's true. Danielle is just more up front about being a gold digger and an appearance obsessed female. Teresa is just delusional and I sometimes wonder about her IQ. To talk about her husband demanding sex while she's recooping from a boob job? To throw over a table because after all the garbage she and the rest were spewing because someone said "pay attention"? And to start throwing out the "whore" etc slurs towards Danielle when none of them know what is or isn't true in the book. Danielle didn't go to prison; her kids out of all the kids seem the most well adjusted. And it was like 20 years ago? And the killer: her excuse: "I'm an Italian girl". Yeah, nice stereotyping, and believe me no Italian I know wants Teresa as their standard bearer and the epitome of Italian womanhood.

And Caroline again. I repeat: If your best friend is Bernie Kerik, disgraced former NYC police commissioner and felon who has a laundry list of unsavory connections and invovements, including using a 9/11 rescue workers' apartment lesed by NYC to bed his mistress...I wouldn't throw stones. At anyone.

Frankly, I hope this season is the only one and all these crazies and their slob husbands slither away. Except Jackie and Chris; they should just move away.
    I agree with you regarding the Italian stereotyping, but as for the ladies, Danielle is the woman I'd stay furthest away from - and that's because of behavior that we actually saw on the show. The day the ladies were at the salon getting ready for their 'girls night out' and Danielle parked herself outside - ostensibly to ask why Teresa wasn't included (!!) set off all kinds of alarms for me - this is a woman with absolutely no sense of boundaries, with her children or with other women. Anyway it might be fun to see her go up against Tamra of the OC, these two women are about equally dispicable in my book!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by socalgal;3516801;
    I agree with you regarding the Italian stereotyping, but as for the ladies, Danielle is the woman I'd stay furthest away from - and that's because of behavior that we actually saw on the show. The day the ladies were at the salon getting ready for their 'girls night out' and Danielle parked herself outside - ostensibly to ask why Teresa wasn't included (!!) set off all kinds of alarms for me - this is a woman with absolutely no sense of boundaries, with her children or with other women. Anyway it might be fun to see her go up against Tamra of the OC, these two women are about equally dispicable in my book!
    Oh believe me Danielle would never be in my universe if avoidable. But I think she's a sad, wounded soul and needs a lot of professional help. Like that salon scene; the woman just needs to be the center of attention and affection,however inappropriate. I come close to feeling sorry for her because I think is, well, immature, ill, probably abused, and being exploited somewhat.
    But the 3 witches? IMO with them it's calculating and it's deliberate and they could behave "better" and more "human" if they choose, but they choose not to. Because it is just fun for them to be, well, something that rhymes with witches. And it's that free will part of their behavior that really riles me. Plus I think they are playing stereotypes in order to have better TV and it does a disservice to Italians, to women and to NJ. And I am only one of those 3 and it is soooo hard for a NYer to say anything nice about NJ!

FORT Regular

I think that Dina, Caroline, and Teresa share a long history of friendship with one another. They've been tight for a long time, so there's a lot of trust and affection there.

Then, Danielle is added to the group because of the show, which is kind of a contrived situation. It seemed to me that she, in an effort to get in the thick of things and avoid being the odd one out, focused on Jacqueline because she recognized that J was the weak link. She took a divide and conquer approach by trying to capitalize on Dina and J's issues (which I'm sure she knew about through the rumor mill). I think it's obvious that Danielle recognized Caroline's social status as the owner of the Brownstone and figured that the best way to wriggle her way into the family was through J.

It's funny to me that during the last supper, Danielle continued to make a point of how much she respected Caroline, even though Caroline hasn't given Danielle much respect. The only explanation for why Danielle continues to kiss Caroline's butt is that Danielle doesn't want to burn bridges with the Manzo family because she finds it valuable to be connected with them, even though it's partly a negative connection through the fighting and conflict.

Say what you will about Dina, but I think she was pretty wise when she said that she didn't know why they all stayed for the altercation and they probably all should have left. I think they should have. They were ambushed and they didn't need to subject themselves to that situation. Even if they were contractually obligated to go to Bravo's dinner, the blowup didn't happen until dessert, so if they had left, what could the network have done to them, really?

Danielle equals drama and I think if the other women had to do it over again, they would have done more to insulate themselves from her drama. I think the producers helped to trick the women into falling into Danielle's trap.

I totally agree with your post, newshound
    They all stated they knew each other for 14-15 years and then with
    Dina-Caroline and J. all being related...it is the only thing that makes sense.
    I felt this way thru the show that Da. was just using J to get "in" with these other women because really why would they seek her out to be friends????

Just watched Caroline & Teresa on FOX & Friends.

Caroline looked very pretty...as did Teresa...who is very pregnant (her words). Teresa confirmed to Steve...that of course she doesn't like Danielle...as she brought "the book" to a dinner where her children were present...and that thre table tipping was due to frustration and just being "done" with the Danielle drama.

She did say that if someone is going to tip a table...may as well do it looking fabulous.

Caroline said "watch & see Steve" when asked if there will be a second season...so he said" that means yes".

It was nice to see them. Didn't say anything really about the reunion show for tonight...which was strange...but it was a short interview.

Oh...what was cute..was Teresa had on jingly bracelets...so as she is talking with her hands...you could hear her bracelets making so much noise...near her mic. Very Teresa...LOL.

I felt it went by so fast...and am looking forward to the reunion show and more seasons of them...as I am "over" the OC nuts. Too much hate on that show.

+ Reply to Thread