+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2702Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    But there's an oddity I feel when stalkerish rundowns are posted. It feels uncomfortable, goes past my desire for entertainment. I'm pretty harsh with criticism for these wildly strange RHs, they go on national television asking for it, their game is fame at any price. They entertain me, but I really don't want to get deep inside their personal lives!

We have a great group here, we drop in and out, get bored with the RHs sometimes, but always nice to come back, see people we know, talk awhile. You guys are great fun!
    Prism . . .

We do, indeed have a really cool group of people here that ALWAYS have fun. Even when we butt heads occasionally and end up having to agree to disagree on something. Or maybe even end up having to put somebody on "ig" once in awhile, for awhile. We love discussing our favorite shows, picking them --- and the people who choose to put themselves on our screens --- apart.

And most of us here know where to draw the line at the picking apart.

To echo what I've bolded from your post, above, for me, at least, there is a smarmy. sleazy, unclean feeling that I get when there are posts that --- disclaimers about origins notwithstanding --- make me feel as though I'm embedded in a wall inside these people's houses on a 24/7/365 basis. Or, yes, that I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time, and am having WAY TMI rammed down my throat, for no logical reason.

I don't believe any of us true regulars here want or need that evil type of high school mean girl (or guy) behavior.

On some boards, yes.

But here?

I believe we'd just rather have our usual FoRT fun, in our usual FoRT way.

Thank you very much.

JMHO.
    Last edited by ness; 10-19-2012 at 11:43 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Is it just me, or . . .

In the past 25-or-so days (give or take a few days, of course) does it seem as though this thread has somehow morphed from an apparent, NORMAL FoRT discussion of "TRHONJ" to "The Godfather: TRHONJ Sequel"?
    I think there has been an incredible amount of real/honest discussion here re this show and I love it.

It's nice to just spout off about all the skanky and mean behavior we've been given to see and we enjoy giving us something to really talk about and I think it's all in fun.
    And I truly haven't seen any real awful meaness on this site but its possible I'm missing it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Thanks,ness! Appreciate you having my back! You are one of my FoRTers who "gets" me!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't have a problem with a good discussion about the show. I think for the most part the show has turned into a one sided bash on Tre. So if someone has some info to make the discussion about more than let's see how truly heinous Tre is I have no issues with it. I think Bravo is at fault for making people wants to dig for info on the others. I for one am glad it's finally coming to light and maybe next season the show will be more even handed and less lets pile on this one person when they are down.

My mother always used to say "the truth is the light and the light must shine"
    buttahfly and sparklete like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I used to enjoy what RHW used to be not what it has morphed into. I really did lose all interest in this series last season. IMHO Tre is at a crossroads in her life. If Juicy has to take a trip to the big house she is going to have to take her rose colored glasses off at some point.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Thanks KatesMom!

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!! See, THIS is one of the main reasons I like coming here! You learn something new of substance pretty much every day!

I NEVER would've known or suspected that it'd take a personal BK court case this long to snail its way through the system. Although, given who this particular BK case is centered around, I guess I checked my common sense at the door regarding how long it'd take to get this wrapped up. My bad. Now, the companies, yeah, I can readily see and understand that, I think. But now I know things can majorly shift in PERSONAL BK cases, too, and I thank you for the info.
    If I remember correctly, in the Teresa/Joe bankruptcy, one of the bankruptcy "changes" occurred because the judge determined that Joe had committed bankruptcy fraud and the procedures were changed accordingly. I believe that the fraud charges were not assessed to Teresa as well, but I could be wrong about that.

So Joe can be in legal doo-doo on 2 separate counts: one for his DMV fraud, and one for his bankruptcy fraud. Not to mention all of the civil law suits against him. . .
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I don't have a problem with a good discussion about the show. I think for the most part the show has turned into a one sided bash on Tre. So if someone has some info to make the discussion about more than let's see how truly heinous Tre is I have no issues with it. I think Bravo is at fault for making people wants to dig for info on the others. I for one am glad it's finally coming to light and maybe next season the show will be more even handed and less lets pile on this one person when they are down.

My mother always used to say "the truth is the light and the light must shine"
    MsDiva . . .

JMHO . . .

NONE of us have a problem with a good discussion about THE SHOW. If we did, I don't think we'd be here on this board. And I CERTAINLY don't think there'd be other reality TV boards that are just as alive, well and kicking as the FoRT is, with ongoing discussions about RHONJ, AND other shows, as well.

. . . for the most part, the show has turned into a one sided bash on Tre.

OK.

Teresa's been on the show for, what, four years now? So, the first two years, WHO was being bashed? IIRC, that would have been Danielle, maybe? And ironically enough, BESIDES "regular" people on reality TV boards, TERESA HERSELF was doing some of the bashing of Danielle ON THE SHOW, just as others --- on the show AND off --- were apparently doing.

If that wasn't the case, why then would Andy have posed Teresa the question during Part 1 (I believe it was; anybody correct me if that's not right, please) of this last three-part Reunion show regarding whether or not she was sorry about how she'd treated Danielle? Since Teresa was now apparently wearing DANIELLE'S Louboutins and sitting on the RHONJ Reunion grill? AND TERESA ADMITTED TO ANDY THAT SHE WAS NOW SORRY ABOUT HOW SHE'D TREATED DANIELLE.

One-sided bashing?

Pot (Daneille), step right up and meet Kettle (Teresa).

Teresa turned HERSELF into the show lightning rod. Nobody's been doing and saying the things she's been doing on the show --- ESPECIALLY THE PAST TWO YEARS --- but HER. So, SHE PUT HERSELF OUT THERE TO BE BASHED.

Come ON . . .

Teresa to Jac (?) at Part 3 of the S4 Reunion show: "AND YOU CAN KISS MY T-TT--S!"

Please.

Just what is there to NOT bash, about Teresa?

. . . if someone has some info to make the discussion about more than let's see how truly heinous Tre is . . .

OK.

Let's see . . .

First: "good discussion about the show". Second: " . . . if someone has some info to make the discussion about more than let's see how truly heinous Tre is . . ."

So, when Teresa acts a fool and/or displays a potty mouth on the SHOW and it's commented on by people here on this board and across this country, AND in others, THAT is not OK. BUT, it's OK --- in the interest of making the discussion MORE ABOUT THAN LET'S SEE HOW HEINOUS TRE IS --- for National-Enquirer type "facts" and innuendos OUTSIDE of WHAT'S BEEN SHOWN ON THE SHOW about these various and sundry individuals to be posted here by "friends" of "friends"?

Normally, if something that's gone on OFF the show that has some relevance to the players in this little dramafest is commented on, nine times out of ten, links to verifiable sources are provided by various posters. Or, most people are able to say: "I heard/read, just Google so and so." Or, at the very LEAST: "I read so-and-so. If I can find the link, I'll post it."

So, in other words, it's OK to move from good discussion about the SHOW to a RHONJ adult version of "playing the dozens" at recess on an elementary-school playground? Or a RHONJ adult version of verbally torturing school geeks in the girls' locker room in a high-school gym, or out behind the bleachers?

Really?

I'm sorry. I don't get it. I left both elementary AND high school YEARS ago. And I have absolutely NO desire to go BACK to either one, at this late date.

If I wanted the National Enquirer, I'd lay my money down and purchase it. I don't come here for that.

. . . BRAVO is at fault for making people want to dig for info on the others.

OK.

1. YOU either choose to watch this show, or you don't.

2. YOU either choose to Google (or whatever) these people to dig for background dirt on 'em, or you don't.

TPTB at Bravo are NOT saints; editing IS and can be a bitch.

But, I'm sorry, I cannot for the life of me suss out how Bravo has hypnotized, threatened, bullied OR frontally-lobotomized ANYBODY into sitting down and Googling (or whatever) dirt up on the rest of the RHONJ cast, in an attempt to make Teresa appear as some saint, put-upon and victimized.

But, then again, there actually IS a Saint Teresa. So maybe TPTB at Bravo are trying to channel THAT Teresa through THIS Teresa, in order to keep the RHONJ fireworks poppin'?

. . . it's finally coming to light . . .

OK.

If your lightbulb's caked with soot and dirt, how can you see anything very clearly, well, or at ALL, for that matter?

". . . maybe next season the show will be more even handed and less lets pile on this one person when they are down . . ."

OK.

1. Teresa jumped Juicy in a vineyard in Napa. Complete with a mic, cameras and other cast all around. When the man CLEARLY didn't want to.

2. Teresa sat up and basically admitted she'd sold herself by accepting diamonds from Juicy after he'd called her those foul names in the vineyard not too long before she jumped him.

3. Teresa stuck her foot in it on WWHL and SAID Juicy'd ""made it up to" her for calling her those filthy names in Napa by BUYING HER DIAMONDS. ON NATIONAL TV. AFTER THEY'D FILED A FREAKIN' BK.

4. Teresa grabbed Kat's face during the cutfest with Caroline in Napa (to get support, because she knew her ship was sinking). But then, she turned around and made demands to people to keep THEIR hands off HER during the taping of the Reunion?

Please.

That's just a small sampling.

And that is JUST FROM S4.

I'm sorry, but the actions I've listed above ALL CAME DIRECTLY FROM TERESA. And no, I don't EVER recall seeing ANYONE hold a gun to her head to make her do or say ANY of the things that she did that I've listed above. AND much, much more that I DIDN'T.

I never claimed to be a Rhodes scholar. But with a resume like THAT, for just ONE season, that SHE HERSELF CREATED, I'm having a hard time trying to understand how Teresa is NOT giving people a reason to "pile on her" with their negative opinions.

Being piled on?

Others on that show caught their fair share of hell and got piled on for THEIR actions (or, NON-actions) and mouths, too:

Caroline - Bully. Evil. Favors sons over daughter. Needs to mind her own business. Loudmouth.

Jac - Dimwitted. Wimp. Used to be a stripper. Bankrupt.

Kat - Needs to stop trying to be Mother Teresa. Should've NEVER started that crap at Napa. Whines about how Teresa treats her, but won't leave her alone. Dull. Brings nothing to the table.

Mel - Can't sing. Gold digger. WTF DID she FB/tweet/text DANIELLE for, if she wasn't out to try to get on the show? Used to be a stripper. House is in foreclosure, so THAT'S why they moved.

Richie - Foul mouth. NO control over his mouth. Creepy. Slimy.

Poison (aka Joey, T's brother) - Sex fiend. Male chauvinist pig. Screws people over in business. Broke.

Chris - Had to file a BK. Being sued by creators of blk water. Shady dealings in business. Being sued by clients of his former company.

Lauren - Abused by Caroline. Resents her brothers and the attention they get from Caroline.

I COULD go on, but hopefully, my point is pretty clear, by now.

" . . . when they are down . . ."

OK.

AND?

Yep, T is trying to hold on to a hornet's nest. But, guess what?

There are MORE people/women who are holding onto hornet's nests in this country, JUST like Teresa, EVERY DAY OF THEIR LIVES. And THEY are doing it with a WHOLE lot less money and materialistic items than she has, EVEN AFTER FILING A BK. AND WITH NO NATIONAL TV EXPOSURE TO HELP THEM GREASE THEIR WHEELS. They are --- and HAVE been, for YEARS, in some cases --- getting out there and doing what they have to do to make it. Some are working two, three jobs. Some are widows who've found they've been left without a dime, and HAVE to try to find a job in their middle age, when they might possibly have never worked before. Some are women who've had the men in their lives suffer catastrophic injuries and can no longer work. Which means THEY have to get out and bring in the bacon for two, or possibly MORE of them. Some may never have even HAD a man in their lives on a steady basis. But, that STILL didn't stop them from getting out there and doing what they had to do to take care of themselves and their own.

So, even though most of us have acknowledged at one point or another that Teresa is strong, has gotten out and hustled to provide for herself and her girls (ESPECIALLY since it very much looks like their father will be cooling his heels for a while in the Graybar Hilton), I fail to understand how and why she deserves any kudos, special recognition, pats on the back, "Amens!" and "Attagirls!" for doing what most or a lot of people in this country have done for YEARS, because they routinely HAD to.

Far as I'M concerned, she DOESN'T.

JMHO.

YMMV.
    prhoshay, AmyKay and Imperfect1 like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Don't recall in any of my posts saying she did deserve more than anyone else props. I said a lot of women can feel for her and her issues like her or not. I defend Tre because I feel for her. Bravo has decided to use her for their mule to kick and IMO refuses to address the issues of the others in more than a passing manner.

Good for you that you don't care to give her props for what she is doing. I however have the same right to give her props for working hard for her family. Yes other women do the same thing, but we also have some weak women in the world who just shatter and accept the lemons The world gives to them. I mean as dumb as some think her to be thats what the Manzo clan expected to have her fold like a deck of cards,and she hasn't.imo.

I guess IMO the fun let for some when the dirt digging left Tre and fell to Mel ,Jac &the fambly Manzo.I really do hope next season will be less producer driven,since the producer who was pro Mel has been fired. I am so sick of every episode being all about Tre even though I like her. these people really have nothing else they want to talk about other than Tre.
    sparklete and QUEENOF3 like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Do I think Teresa has issues? Yes, I do.
    However, at this point, I find her about the only 1 worth watching.
    I'm not a fan of Jacqueline.
    I loved Caroline - but this season she's really annoyed me.
    Melissa - just doesn't interest me at all.
    Kathy - interests me even less than Melissa.
    MsDiva2007 and sparklete like this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Don't recall in any of my posts saying she did deserve more than anyone else props. I said a lot of women can feel for her and her issues like her or not. I defend Tre because I feel for her. Bravo has decided to use her for their mule to kick and IMO refuses to address the issues of the others in more than a passing manner.

Good for you that you don't care to give her props for what she is doing. I however have the same right to give her props for working hard for her family. Yes other women do the same thing, but we also have some weak women in the world who just shatter and accept the lemons The world gives to them. I mean as dumb as some think her to be thats what the Manzo clan expected to have her fold like a deck of cards,and she hasn't.imo.

I guess IMO the fun let for some when the dirt digging left Tre and fell to Mel ,Jac &the fambly Manzo.I really do hope next season will be less producer driven,since the producer who was pro Mel has been fired. I am so sick of every episode being all about Tre even though I like her. these people really have nothing else they want to talk about other than Tre.
    MsDiva . . .

IIRC, I have never stated anywhere in any post of mine that you said that Teresa deserved more props than anyone else. That is the take I choose to have on the situation when I see and hear continual trumpets being blown and banners waved --- from MANY different sources AND persons --- for an individual who, bottom line, is not out there world-beating and moving and shaking any more than just "regular" folks are and have to do, day to day.

AGAIN, where my plug comes completely out of the wall with Teresa is that, feel for her or not, at some point, the train HAS to pull into the station, sooner or later. Yeah, she's struggling, etc., yeah, she's pounding the pavement and bringing in the bacon. DESPITE Juicy's denial. Teresa is bringing in SOME kind of bacon, from somewhere. Otherwise, WHY would she be out bumping, humping, stumping, pounding the pavement, selling stories to magazines, and so on, like she is? She's a fool, yes. But she's not fool enough to lend her name/image to her endeavors for the love of Bravo and receive NO compensation for it, either.

But, thousands of other people and women in this country are doing the SAME thing. And HAVE been, for years, and years. LONG before Teresa was ever even thought about, or RHONJ was ever a distant gleam in a greedy Bravo producer's eye.

They just don't happen to be doing it on a TV show that opens avenues for people to "feel" or "feel sorry" for them. And she does.

Hey, use what you got, and go for it, I say. More power to you. Hell, I'd be doing the SAME thing she is, if I were in her shoes, and I've said that before, too.

I also feel for Teresa. In varying ways and for varying reasons, I feel for pretty much ALL the women --- AND men --- on this show.

Regarding Bravo using Teresa for its mule? Nobody can ride you if you don't bend your back and let them climb on. Teresa is being used by Bravo as its mule BECAUSE SHE IS ALLOWING THEM TO DO SO.

Otherwise, if the heat has gotten too hot for her, if people ARE jealous of and "attacking" her, why hasn't SHE chosen to walk away from the Bravo kitchen?

Dina sure did, back in the middle of S2.

I don't care to give Teresa props for what she is doing? Now THAT one, I have to SMH and at. Anybody who's been a regular on this board and has read my RHONJ posts (and posts for OTHER shows, as well), knows very well that regardless of whether or not I happen to like a particular individual on a show, I can and will and DO defend him or her if my interpretation of a situation is that they're getting the short end of the stick, unfairly. Or if they deserve for, say, being honest enough to own up in front of the entire country that they're a bitch (i.e., Caroline).

So, THAT particular statement from you regarding my stance on Teresa is completely incorrect.

And yes, it is your right, that you freely exercise, to feel for her in that regard and to give her the props that you do for her hustle.

Weak? Shatter and accept the lemons?

Yep, in her way, I believe Teresa has. She's still with and is still COMPLETELY delusional about that no-good, disrespectful, lying, almost-certainly-1,000% cheating, nasty-name-calling SOB she continues to choose to remain shackled to.

So, seems like she's been sucking on a lemon or two HERSELF for quite some time.

And, who knows, maybe next season WILL be less producer-driven.

I wouldn't bet the rent on it, though.

But we'll certainly HEAR about it.

Even if we don't SEE it.

+ Reply to Thread