+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2698Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

I think Johnny the Greek is the guy who Melissa WANTED to marry who kinda blew her off. Rich Italian mobster. Rumor is, he toyed with her emotions and strung her along. Then along came Joe Gorga and she married him because Tommy the Greek wouldnt step up and marry Mel.

Something like that anyway.

ETA: what thatblonde is saying is to not believe that "Tommy the Greek" is the son of Melissa's former stripper boss, that the stripper boss's son would be too young. Stripper boss's son must be named Tommy too. Different Tommy.

Is it just me, or . . .

In the past 25-or-so days (give or take a few days, of course) does it seem as though this thread has somehow morphed from an apparent, NORMAL FoRT discussion of "TRHONJ" to "The Godfather: TRHONJ Sequel"?
    Dragonlady and lilcountriegal like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Amen. Ridiculousness.

It's not much fun, anymore.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Ditto.

Although I am sort of wondering about how all this came about. And how often does this sort of thing happen here? It's one thing for us to have opinions, but when our opinions start to be about all sorts of ugly rumors having nothing to do with the actual show, I begin to question how much, if at all, other threads are being manipulated by people who seem to have-- forgive me if I'm wrong-- some sort of agenda.
    prhoshay and AmyKay like this.

Lol I am not believing what Bravo is peddling on screen. There is no way do I think Tre is the one causing all the drama and so I guess we are in opposite boats rowing in different directions lol. I know Bravo is skeevy so if the told me the sky was blue I would check first.
    Dragonlady and sparklete like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

We are always on different "teams", and it's OK to disagree, but viciously going after people with verbal hatchets .......what is the point? I don't get mean accusations.

We poke at each other and roll our eyes ! That's usually as bad as it gets, which is the beauty of a place like this!
    ness likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

What mean accusations?
    sparklete likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    What mean accusations?
    I think (hope) she was referring to the information posted about Mel. I hope she wasn't talking about any of us?
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I think (hope) she was referring to the information posted about Mel. I hope she wasn't talking about any of us?
    Yes, KatesMom . . .

I truly believe those extremely recent posts (as LONG as we've been going at it, here in this thread!) with really distasteful, ugly, personal "info" regarding Mel, et. al., are EXACTLY what shay, myself, and perhaps one or two others were/are referring to.

We DO --- as a group, on the whole, get along very well here, and we can and usually DO directly agree to disagree on things and keep it movin', if our ideas don't seem to mix well about a particular person.

But, we are also a pretty fair, reasonable group who will come down on somebody on a TV show if we feel they deserve it. And we will EQUALLY defend them if we think they are getting shafted in a situation, too.

Funny, but some recent posts don't feel/seem to be even-handed and fair, like that.

ESPECIALLY not when other names in those posts of persons who have not even appeared or been mentioned on the show in question (thus far, anyway), are brought up, and our general take is: "HUH? WHO AND WHAT DID I MISS?????"

Not at all good.

Speaking strictly for Yours Truly . . .

I feel blindsided and hijacked.

JMHO.
    Last edited by ness; 10-19-2012 at 08:27 PM.
    prhoshay, mom2, AmyKay and 2 others like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Ness, agreeing with you here. I was one who wondered what the heck I missed, seeing unfamiliar names, though I admit Ive been known to fall asleep and miss parts of episodes. And ok, I like a little Googling to figure out whats public and real about cast members. Fun to see what y'all come up with.

But there's an oddity I feel when stalkerish rundowns are posted. It feels uncomfortable, goes past my desire for entertainment. I'm pretty harsh with criticism for these wildly strange RHs, they go on national television asking for it, their game is fame at any price. They entertain me, but I really don't want to get deep inside their personal lives!

We have a great group here, we drop in and out, get bored with the RHs sometimes, but always nice to come back, see people we know, talk awhile. You guys are great fun!
    Last edited by Prism; 10-19-2012 at 10:13 PM.
    ness and KatesMom like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

+ Reply to Thread