+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 761 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677117167567 ... LastLast
Like Tree2795Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3515684;
    They also showed "Cookie" their sister who is a cross between Dina and Caroline...I wonder why she isn't on the show.
    If this show comes back for another season, I vote to replace Danielle with Cookie! I'm sure Bravo could come up with something good. I couldn't stand seeing Danielle on my screen for another go-round, unless they show NJ Child Services paying her a house call and requiring her to enroll in parenting classes or family therapy.

I rewatched both finales over the weekend. After Teresa flips the table and Joe tries to restrain her, she makes some garbled comments. They sound as if she's most upset with Danielle for having done something illicit, with a man, while at Teresa's house.
    Does anybody know what the comments are that Teresa is making?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3514463;
    Danielle knew, though, that she was filming a TV show for the public, and that eventually, not only her daughters, but EVERYBODY was going to see it! Really, what could she have been thinking?? And the concept that she allegedly was hiding out from the bad guys who were out to get her??? Hiding out where??? In plain sight on TV? Here's my house, bad guys, where I live, and where my children live. Come and get us. . .
    Then the only logical explanation is that she wasn't connected to the "Columbian Cartel" (never explained which one). Occam's Razor - the simplest explanation is the preferable one.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf 5;3514473;
    I also think that T. is perfectly sane. Haven't you(not pointing fingers you but the collective you) ever been pushed way beyond your limit that your usual normal reactions went right out the window and you did/said things that aren't in within your normal realm? I know this has happened to some people I know and then they sit there and go "Huh?" Did I really just do that? I'm not saying it is right ...just saying any given time or place can make your reactions be over the top. We really don't know what else had been going on "behind the scenes" when we turned off our t.v's so there could be way more to this than just what was shown. We may find out on the reunion show or we may never know.
    Yes but it seemed more to me that she worked herself up to the violence; shoving over a table and losing her composure over being told to "pay attention" (upon embarking on a series of insinuations that the terrible things in 'the book' were true). T was not innocent; she started a "where there's smoke there must be fire" fallacious argument. It was a kind of character assassination beyond that on which Caroline and Dina had embarked. They merely sought, sneakily, to see if 'the book' were true; Teresa leapt to the conclusion that most of it had to be. She was hardly an 'innocent' 'pushed to her limits' - at the very least she pushed first.

Generally it's people with very low self-esteem, like gangsters and the like, who react so violently to being 'dissed.' They're so uncertain of their status that any perceived attack on it is violently resisted. And twice T accused D of 'disrespecting' her. Because, I guess, a person who regales the company with tales of how she's sore because her husband won't leave her alone to heal from the boob-job she just got, really is a lady who deserves to be treated with the utmost of respect.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3514579;
    Danielle is a total train wreck. While she did have the right to confront ... or better yet, discuss ... her suspicion that Dina was talking to people about the book, the time and place and manner of her doing it was completely inappropriate. And really, who wouldn't discuss a book like that, in which an acquaintance is accused of various crimes from kidnapping to prostitution, no matter how long ago, and you don't know what's true and what might be ongoing ... nobody could know whether her past is really the past. And the fact that she is supposedly "hiding" from the Colombians or whoever shows that the past is NOT really in the past. If she was arrested only for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, then why is some kind of mob group still gunning for her after 25 years?
    Is that indeed a fact? I've never seen any evidence of that outside of 'the book' - is there any or is it just part of the Manzo girls' whisper campaign?

I know this was orchestrated by Bravo, but let's say she had some input into the matter -- She said herself it was really between her and Dina, so why not talk with Dina privately? If it was between her and Dina, why bring it up at that time and place? And why bring it up when just about everyone in the room is related to Dina, or is a good friend of Dina's (like Theresa), and then act all offended about being ganged up on? And why be so smug, offensive, and obnoxious about it? Danielle set herself up for everything she got, except that she was surprised by Jacqueline's defense of her. Danielle basically stacked the deck against herself and then acted all put out and victimized by the response she got.
    I didn't find her attitude and manner problematic until she was shouted down by Caroline; I agree though that this was not a very good way to tell Dina that what was done was wrong. But maybe she wanted to prove a point; that being publically humiliated isn't very nice. Who knows? The more I rewatch the Last Supper eppy, the more I'm on Danielle's side. Nobody likes to be spoken about behind their back and it's a very nasty person who would shop a book around town to everyone but the person it concerns. Gossip is never right.

And in the end it was Dina and Teresa who looked the most discomforted. Teresa chucked a table about on national TV like a shrieking banshee, and Dina just looked pathetic sulking away in the bar afterwards making loud passive-aggressive comments repeatedly about how we're all just supposed to accept this as a normal part of life. She looked so sad; if I didn't dislike gossipers so much I might have felt sorry for her.

On the other hand, the linoleum comment was needless and spoiled things a bit.

Her true self came out at the end of "The Last Supper" with her threats about showing up at Caroline's door "not alone," and that she doesn't need brass knuckles to win this fight. So does she think she can beat Caroline's a$$, or is she implying she'd bring a gun? Why is she even talking about this with her young daughters?! I also thought it was bizarre that after everything that happened at that dinner which Danielle deliberately ruined (yes, I know Bravo encouraged it), they all went out for a drink together (like that bunch really needed more alcohol), and apparently Dina was the only one who thought that was crazy. Theresa objected at first when her husband was being nice to Danielle, but then seemed to drop it. This convinces me to throw all my RHNJ sanity votes to Dina.

Danielle doesn't have the sense or emotional maturity of a gnat. Her poor daughters, forced to deal with issues way beyond their years, with their main role model being a psychiatrist's smorgasbord of a mother.
    No, I respectfully disagree. It's the mark of maturity that one settles one's accounts and considers appearances when in public. Dina looked ridiculous to me sniping from the corner. Hint: if you're the only one who finds everyone else crazy, maybe it's you.
    Last edited by AngloAm; 06-22-2009 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Fix quote tags

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JustmeinMI;3514714;
    Speaking of floors ~ I've been looking at the rooms in Dina's house or trying to but can't get past all of the stuff everywhere. Kitchen ~ stuffed with stuff and living room (all I could see was brown everywhere) is also overdone. Yes, I know we all have different tastes. I guess I was expected something 'more' from a decorator.
    I don't know why she bought that wobbly enormous kitchen table only to stuff it with such an enormous out-of-scale centerpiece.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3515206;
    I would guess her castmates didn't admit it because they were too busy being defensive once Danielle started her attack. None of them has what I would call good discussion skills when it comes to disagreements.
    To me they were two-faced and vindictive.

Danielle doesn't own anything. I saw no shred of evidence all season that she takes responsibility for the messes she created, and she created one about every time she opened her mouth.
    What messes? She objected to Joe's gay slurs and to being made the subject of gossip?

Again, as the other poster said, they all have their problems, but I'd rather hang out with any one of them for a day than with Danielle for five minutes. I don't think Caroline, Dina, or Theresa were under any obligation to discuss the book with someone whom they considered barely an acquaintance.
    No but they did have an responsibility to investigate it and hold their tongues until they found out the truth of the matter. Then they should have confronted Danielle personally; I guess they lacked the ba..er...guts to do so.

Jacqueline considered Danielle a friend, although why I don't know, but that's her problem. Plus, we really don't know the extent of their "gossip" around town, unless I missed the part where that was quantified. From what we were shown, they seemed to have kept it pretty much amongst themselves, and talked about it in the hair salon on an occasion. Imagine that ... gossiping in a hair salon. That never happens! Seriously, we don't know how much or what was said, and again I think they had a right to be concerned when it involved serious charges against someone who kept imposing herself into their midst.
    I agree; the thing is they did investigate - hair salon gossip is not investigation - and found out that the allegations were not true. Did they take that information around town?

As far as 'imposing herself' is this bunch so exclusive that they need to reject any friendly advances from a long-time resident of the town? I guess with their history they don't need anyone being nice to them.

Whether she was ranting against Theresa or Caroline (I believe it was to Caroline she was addressing the threat that she would show up at her door and not alone) at the end really doesn't matter -- it was equally vile and horrific to have that conversation with her daughters about anyone.
    I never understood the 'door and not alone' comment, however, it could have meant she'd have Jacqueline on her side, or maybe the police. Issuing credible threats against the life of another is a felony and she'd have been arrested (again).

When did she rant against Theresa?

And she said all along that she had the utmost respect for Caroline. That people had the right to establish for themselves if the allegations were true. That they had the right to protect their families. All she ever asked was that they come talk to her openly and not gossip about her behind her back.

What I'd love to know is what juicy details Danielle has/had about Dina? If the bits above are true, then perhaps she'd said that she might expose the affairs and such on TV.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3515377;
    my issue with Danielle is she could have went to Caroline, Dina or even Teresa and confronted them elsewhere instead of at a party that had children present. Danielle likes to think she has guts but she really is a coward. Danielle confronted them in public because was afraid of what they may do to her skanky behind.

A celebration is not the place to air your dirty laundry, especially laundry as dirty and filthy as Danielle has to air.
    Uh, they did the first wrong; they should have gone to her, but decided not to. Why didn't they - cowardice?

What is her dirty, filthy laundry; she was a stripper (which is not a nice job but not filthy) she was arrested (and not even charged).

Nobody other than Crazy Theresa has ever alleged anything else was true. They all let themselves get carried away with themselves.

None of these housewives is entirely blameless, but I would still side with Teresa, Caroline and Dina over Danielle any day. The alternate RHONJ finale - where Danielle whips the cigarette out - showed, for me, Danielle's true character. She kept going on about Teresa formerly living in a home with - gosh darnit - linoleum floors! Not only is Danielle insecure and jealous about all these women, but she speaks as if she is above everyone else. Sorry, but there's only one word for a woman like Danielle and it rhymes with hunt.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Regular

So what? Geez! Are you either related to her, or maybe you ARE her? Again, my point was she said these things in the presence of her children.
    Sorry to frustrate you with the details. My only purpose in specifying Danielle's "door" comment was at dinner, not outside, was in regards to your previous claim that the closing scene of Danielle & her daughters was about Caroline. Rather, Danielle was posturing in response to comments Teresa had allegedly made as the cast departed (specifically that Danielle was lucky to be walking out of the restaurant).

I agree with you the majority of actions & conversation by the adults at dinner (as well as throughout the season) were inappropriate in front of children.

For the record, I'm neither Danielle nor her relative; rather, someone who merely disagrees with you.

+ Reply to Thread