+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2810Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

If Joe Guidice was really talking to a pizza guy on that phone call, then he's having an affair with the pizza guy. I don't care who it was, his whole demeanor/inflections were obvious.Sleazeball. And married to someone who has a price for enduring that treatment. Sad model for their girls to see.

God bless you Caroline for trying to point out to Tre that she's eventually going to run out of friends. Sadly, there was nothing to catch hold of once it entered her ear so it drifted out the other side.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    If Joe Guidice was really talking to a pizza guy on that phone call, then he's having an affair with the pizza guy. I don't care who it was, his whole demeanor/inflections were obvious.Sleazeball. And married to someone who has a price for enduring that treatment. Sad model for their girls to see.

God bless you Caroline for trying to point out to Tre that she's eventually going to run out of friends. Sadly, there was nothing to catch hold of once it entered her ear so it drifted out the other side.
    If Juicy was really talking to a pizza guy on that phone call, then MY NAME IS BARBARA BUSH!

Yeah, I'd thought she'd sunk just about as low as she was going to go, until she admitted on WWHL that he'd "made up"" for what he did/said to her with diamonds.

Yeah, love her or hate her, after how they've gotten into it like they have, Caroline was under NO obligation to try to get though to Teresa like she did.

And I respect her for TRYING, too!
    Imperfect1 and OceanView like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

As bad as it gets for Teresa (and it's getting worse), I am still unbelievingly on her side in ALL this.

For her brother, sister-in-law, and cousin to go on the show without a discussion was like spitting in her face. I have zero respect for those 3 as a result.

The one and only thing that will change my mind is if I learn that Teresa was a despicable person prior to her time on the show. I have yet to hear that. Instead, what I've heard is that JoeGi showed JoeGo the tricks of the housing trade and JoeGo surpassed him in success. He owes his success to JoeGi.

My take is that Teresa felt jealous and threatened - and worried for her brother who was marrying a woman who was mostly into the money (yes, I believe this about Melissa).

Then, the show came along. Teresa finally had something good of her own that she could hang her hat on but was then unceremoniously pushed aside by her own family. I don't think Kathy and Melissa should not gone on the show just to appease Teresa, but....there should have been a discussion. Even Caroline and Jacqueline sympathized with her.

I'm WAY on board the Teresat train because I'd feel the exact same way.

I hope Teresa does get her own show, and I hope its so successful that she and JoeGi get out of their mess and have enough left over to flick in the faces of the others.

....I'm in a pissy mood tonight.

Maybe the court system should put all their money and time into actually seeing that murderers,rapist and other dangerous criminals are put in jail first. Happy I will not have to see that washed up old harpy caroline Manzo next season.

Tre may indeed be as dumb as a box of rocks but her rocks are bringing in the cash.
    Prism likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Tre may indeed be as dumb as a box of rocks but her rocks are bringing in the cash.
    Bravo is largely responsible for this insane show and the depravity of all the NJ characters. Teresa and Co. We're blindly grifting along, oblivious to the world, now here they are, household laughingstocks. She is hilariously and at the same time pathetically ignorant, without the brainpower to learn. Pity.
    mom2, ness, elleprn and 1 others like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Bravo is largely responsible for this insane show and the depravity of all the NJ characters. Teresa and Co. We're blindly grifting along, oblivious to the world, now here they are, household laughingstocks. She is hilariously and at the same time pathetically ignorant, without the brainpower to learn. Pity.
    Brilliantly put, Prism!
    These are all people who are so far removed from most of the rest of us that we watch in fascination like we would if they showed us the lifestyles of alien beings.

I think what the Lauritas and Guidices did with their spending of money and bankruptcies is horrible but can we expect anything else? They can get all dolled up in expensive clothes, makeup, hair etc but it doesn't disguise the low-lifes they really are. And they are all greedy for $$ and celebrity-hood....which is why they fight and get jealous which causes the huge fights we see.

I can't begin to understand someone saying they needed their insurance to wait to get a diagnosis for their child.

I think all of this is just a bunch of nonsense but because it's so outrageous and the people are so horrible, and that is exactly why I watch, usually with my mouth hanging open.

I'm really not interested in them as real people but it's fun to read about it here and it's like learning about a different species. A great deal of it is "programmed/scripted" for us and for Bravo's profits.
    I found this site that really educated me about a lot of what's going on.
    I hope putting this link here is ok by the the rules of FORT.

The Ethics of Reality TV: Frankenbiting

FORT Regular

I don't know how I feel about the Melissa is a gold digger thing. I assume that she is definitely into guys with money (Lord, even I'd say I were, except my husband doesn't have any...I must have been absent the day they taught how to be a gold digger in school), but there are a lot of guys out there with money. Look at all the desperate, zero self-esteem guys on Millionaire Matchmaker. She's not unattractive, so she could have easily dated any of those folks (matchmaking has been around longer than Patty Stanger's business). Plus, we learned earlier this season that Joe didn't have a lot of money when they were first married. Their money was tied into their business and there was a time when he called her just as she was about to purchase some diapers and told her not to, because they didn't have any cash. They also said in that episode that most of their assets were in their kids' names (although, that's a great way to protect your assets and personal liability). I don't know. I just don't believe she's the gold digger that Teresa says she is.

Both Melissa and Kathy have continued to say that they were approached by Bravo and they were not trying to audition for the show. When they were approached, they had to sign confidentiality agreements until a decision was made. Now, I know confidentially agreements should mean squat to a family, but if you actually wanted to be on the show (and these women do to promote whatever or as a steppping stone to something else like a music career or catering/dessert line) you probably wouldn't jeopardize it by talking about to someone who is on the show and would likely do anything to blow your chances. Teresa and Kathy & Melissa were not on speaking terms at the time (I don't think) and if they wanted on the show, do you think they could have trusted someone like Teresa to be supportive and not try to undermine their attempts.
    OceanView likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    I meant that to say "Teresa and Co were blindly grifting along"....auto fill on my iPad made it "We're". Duh.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

That box of rocks will only be profitable as long as their is a public willing to going along with it & buy into it. Personally I wouldn't buy a bottle of water from Teresa if I was stranded in a desert. She was having, if not a nervous break down, some serious personal/mental issues Monday night. While I feel sympathy for her & her daughters I don't have compassion to get past the whole Gudice brankruptcy issue. Buying your wife diamonds for calling her the "c-word" when you can't pay your creditors just won't ever fly with me.
    mom2, ness, Prism and 1 others like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

When Teresa was bowing down to the coffee table and going "thank-you God," I was wondering if I should just laugh or cry-- it was so truly cringe-worthy. She's totally merged into the craziness that she originally I guess was just trying to produce to meet Bravo's endless expectation that their pet paranhas would outdo themselves each season. After you flip over a table, what do you do for an encore?

Teresa may be the dumb as rocks, and Nene may be as crude as a sledgehammer but each of them has got something going on their deep down in the lava of their personal misery-- otherwise why do we watch them?
    ness and OceanView like this.

+ Reply to Thread