+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3467Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by lilcountriegal View Post
    Its already been announced that Caroline and Jacqueline will not return and Kathy will be in a limited role. Melissa and Tre are the only ones staying. The storyline has pretty much run its course between this group. No rumors as to who is coming on, but there is a pretty large internet push to bring back Danielle Staub. Why, I have no idea. Another push also for Dina. I actually truly dislike Tre. I think she is teaching her daughters a great disservice as young women/wives/mothers. I began this series liking her, and did up until this season. I think she truly is a horrible person to her family. I dont think Melissa is the angel they make her out to be, but Tre is the biggest narcissist on this cast. Id be happy with them dumping everyone and starting new. Unfortunately, it looks like we're at least stuck with Tre and Melissa.
    I hate to admit this, I truly do , but I would LOVE the dramatics of Danielle. Although I always felt so sad for her daughters. They saw and went through way too much. As for Dina, I just can't stand looking at her. There is something about her facial expressions that rubs me the wrong way. I have always liked Caroline more than Dina. Not sure if this was discussed on here, but I read from somewhere that one reason Caroline was so angry at Tre, was the incident that happened in Mexico. Tre kind of started the bar room brawl, and when Albie and Chris came to her defense they got into a lot of legal trouble, along with Tre, and the plans from BRAVO to give the boys their own show was stopped. Not that I think the boys are interesting enough to have their own show, but did anyone else read this?
    Dragonlady and lilcountriegal like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Teresa is quite the penis.....(and I really want to use the word that begins with a 'd').......and it has NOTHING to do with money.
    ness and OceanView like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Did I really hear Teresa call Jacqueline an "opportunitist"??? Well, heck yeah, I did!! I played that back 3-4 times to make sure I heard what I thought I heard. I just wish somebody had asked her to spell THAT!!!

Instead of writing cookbooks and being on a reality tv show, she would have done better becoming certified as a professional butcher......of the English language!

Teresa's husband made a total fool of him AND her on this reunion show! He told lie after lie after lie, and she did her imitation of the drooling neighborhood bobblehead.
    mom2, ness and miry like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

To those who mentioned the Mother in Law apartments: thanks, I'd forgotten that. It really makes sense to have one of those with all the Baby Boomers becoming old people....excuse me, senior citizen .......... of which I am one.
    Gonna have to hire a lot more traffic cops because there'll be a lot more old folks out there driving and none of us want to admit it when it's time to give up the Driver's License.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Rosie would be entertaining........BUT...... Bravo trashes nearly every woman who hops aboard. I'd hate to see Rosie's life ruined like so many other HWs.
    Yes! And I can imagine that Bravo would make it ALL about her being gay....nothing about who she is as a person, aside from her personal sexual preferences. I know very little about her & I'd like to know more.
    I'm pretty sure I can remember that she is gay without being reminded every other minute...thank you, Bravo.

I've wondered why women - not just RHs - wear sausage dresses. Sometimes even the very slim look awful, and even and extra ten or so pounds looks positively horrid in sausage attire. Don't they have mirrors? Or judgment?
    I don't understand either.....I am soooo uncomfortable physically when something is tight....not to mention how awful it would look unless I was blessed with a perfect body....maybe at 20. I'm always surprised that people, especially women, will do/wear anything if it's trendy/in style...even when that trend doesn't work for them.....Melissa probably has the best body and could wear one. Teresa...maybe...but none of the rest because they're more normal! You have to believe that even the designer who makes them knows very few can wear...so why?

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    I think if Teresa REALLY knew she needed personal help, then we'd've been hearing and reading stories about her going in for professional MENTAL help.

PAGING DR. PHIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I was just going to say the same exact thing! After last night it is clear Teresa has some very serious emotional issues. She really needs to listen to Wendy Williams & take herself and her family off of reality TV.
    ness and AmyKay like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Did I really hear Teresa call Jacqueline an "opportunitist"??? Well, heck yeah, I did!! I played that back 3-4 times to make sure I heard what I thought I heard. I just wish somebody had asked her to spell THAT!!!
    I heard that too, but I thought she was talking about Melissa and thought she said, "Opportunity-ist."

In regards to Juicy Joe, I remember one confessional/interview with Chris M. saying that Joe has serious delusions. Joe think he's smarter than everyone around and his talking to Andy on last night's reunion episode was definitely evidence to that. He said that the person he was speaking to was a guy and the guy gave the phone to the person who works in his pizza shop (which I thought was closed), but only speaks Spanish. So now Juicy Joe, who I think I recall was speaking in Italian over the phone, now says he was speaking in Spanish. He speaks conversational Spanish?!

It's probably a good thing that Jac will no longer be on the show (if that is what ends up happening), she would have more time to be with her youngest son. Poor guy. I'm preggos now with about two months left before the arrival of our first child and all I want is for him to be healthy and happy.
    ness and GabbyG like this.

FORT Fogey

I can only imagine that Teresa must have threatened Joe with a lot to get him to be on the reunion show. He's never come across like one of the husbands who likes the attention of the show (like Joe Gorga, Kathy's husband, or husbands in other cities like Mario and Simon). I don't see him going on the reunion for the attention, and since he had to know he'd be asked about the phone call, he couldn't have WANTED to answer the questions. Teresa must have threatened him. Speaking of which, I wonder if Teresa gave any thought at all when she was sending Joe back to the jewelery store multiple times to forgive him for the names he called her to the fact that buying her stuff would put them even further in debt, and cause even more problems for them. Is it worth it?

FORT Regular

It's not just the name calling that's the problem here. Are we as viewers only allowed to judge him for what Teresa and he say was the problem? It seems pretty obvious that there is much more to the story than just the "see you next Tuesday" comment. If my husband and I were on the Real Housewives and he was blatantly disrespecting me to mysterious people and for the viewers to see, I don't think baubles--no matter how expensive and beautiful--would negate the humilation.
    mom2 likes this.

I've wondered why women - not just RHs - wear sausage dresses. Sometimes even the very slim look awful, and even and extra ten or so pounds looks positively horrid in sausage attire. Don't they have mirrors? Or judgment?
    Probably the same reason they wear low-rise jeans even when their waist hangs over the top. They're putting fashion before style.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by miry View Post
    I heard that too, but I thought she was talking about Melissa and thought she said, "Opportunity-ist."

In regards to Juicy Joe, I remember one confessional/interview with Chris M. saying that Joe has serious delusions. Joe think he's smarter than everyone around and his talking to Andy on last night's reunion episode was definitely evidence to that. He said that the person he was speaking to was a guy and the guy gave the phone to the person who works in his pizza shop (which I thought was closed), but only speaks Spanish. So now Juicy Joe, who I think I recall was speaking in Italian over the phone, now says he was speaking in Spanish. He speaks conversational Spanish?!

It's probably a good thing that Jac will no longer be on the show (if that is what ends up happening), she would have more time to be with her youngest son. Poor guy. I'm preggos now with about two months left before the arrival of our first child and all I want is for him to be healthy and happy.
    miry . . .

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR UPCOMING 'LIL BOUNCER!!!!!!! Bless your heart!

Joe has serious delusions? OH YEAH. If he didn't think he was so smart and slick, then he wouldn't be facing prison now for the driver's license foolishness.

As for his speaking Spanish? I hate like hell to give credence to ANYTHING this idiot says. However, unfortunately, what he said about speaking (Italian) to a SPANISH guy IS believable. The reason is that both Italian and Spanish are Romance languages, and thus, very similar. Therefore, generally, if you happen to speak Italian and are speaking to someone whose first language is Spanish, the languages are SO similar that, while some individual words may differ [example: window = finestra (Italian) = ventana (Spanish)] the two languages are SO close that if the two of you speak, you'll be able to understand each other and carry on a conversation.

The same principle applies to the Scandinavian or North Germanic languages. For example, if you're Swedish, as a general rule, you most likely would be able to understand and hold a conversation with someone from Denmark or Norway. Even though the languages themselves are different.

Far as I can tell, Juicy DOES speak Italian, so for him to talk with someone that speaks Spanish wouldn't be too big of a stretch.

Also, if Jac DOESN'T come back, given her situation with Nicholas, I think that'd more than likely be for the best, right now. ALTHOUGH, the OTHER side of the coin is that if she DID, the process of her and Chris dealing with his situation WOULD be an educational avenue for the country itself, in general. I mean, we know HER son (and Toni Braxton's, as well) have autism, but how much do we know about the treatment of this? Is medication involved? Specific learning drills?

The BIGGEST question, to me, is: If Jac and Chris DID come back, would the Bravo PTB have the sense enough to present their story properly and with the respect and dignity that it deserves?
    Last edited by ness; 10-08-2012 at 02:06 PM.
    miry and GabbyG like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread