+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2511Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Why would they need to build an apartment for the grandparents? I would think there would be a big bedroom/bath available in that huge house.
    Although maybe the grandparents want to be able to escape at times!
    Punkin, you buy that fancy dress and wear it in your house for all of us who are not brave enough to do it!! Good for you!
    And thatblonde, thank you, thank you for all the juicy dirt you share with us. I love it!
    OceanView likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Why would they need to build an apartment for the grandparents? I would think there would be a big bedroom/bath available in that huge house. Although maybe the grandparents want to be able to escape at times!
    Separate attached apartments (and sometimes apartments built over the garage) used to be called "Mother-in-Law Apartments" -- and quite a few houses have them. I had a house that was built on a hillside, and the lower level had a Mother-in-Law apartment with its own separate entrance to the street. It was quite charming --- You're exactly right DL, grandparents and other friends/relatives who live with you often need to be close, but wish to have their own privacy. It's actually the perfect set up with the best of both worlds -- accesibility but separateness -- sort of like living in a duplex.
    OceanView likes this.

A lot of homes now have those mother in law apts. parents may want to or need to be in home with their kids but still want their own living quarters for privacy. I know more than one family that does have one.
    OceanView likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Who, in their right minds, after having gotten past raising children, would want to be around those screaming Mimis anymore than they absolutely have to??? Children are for the young for a reason! And Teresa and Joe are no prize, either.
    mom2, ness, GabbyG and 1 others like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I thought you were about to say "Who would want to be around those screaming Mimis any more than they have to ... and the kids are no prize either! "
    prhoshay, ness, GabbyG and 2 others like this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I want to see Kathy's sister Rosie added to the cast. That would be fabulous!!!!
    Rosie would be entertaining........BUT...... Bravo trashes nearly every woman who hops aboard. I'd hate to see Rosie's life ruined like so many other HWs.
    mom2 and ness like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post

ETA: Forgot to say I like Teresa's dress. Pretty and maybe too sparkly, but more tasteful than the sausage casing Caroline had on.
    I've wondered why women - not just RHs - wear sausage dresses. Sometimes even the very slim look awful, and even and extra ten or so pounds looks positively horrid in sausage attire. Don't they have mirrors? Or judgment? Lauren looked awful- but she is a pretty girl, and with appropriate clothing she could look very nice even at her weight. The leather thing was not attractive. I suspect these women spend a lot of money on clothing, but it sure doesn't make them look good.
    ness and OceanView like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Rosie would be entertaining........BUT...... Bravo trashes nearly every woman who hops aboard. I'd hate to see Rosie's life ruined like so many other HWs.
    Remember though.... Andy loves gays/lesbians. So she might have great editing.
    ness likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    It seems that 5 years is prison is starting to look almost OK to Joe Giudice.

Joe Giudice Expected to Decide on Plea Deal This Week - Montville, NJ Patch
    Wow.... very interesting. I thought it was a done deal/decision he made to the contrary. Hmmmmmm.....
    ness likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I don't remember where I read it, but I recall a piece saying that Melissa's sisters will be brought into the mix. To what degree, I'm not sure.

Good riddance to Caroline.
    I read that a couple of Tre's girlfriends are currently being interviewed to join. Now, how long will these girls remain Tre's girlfriends... that is the question. Can't wait. As for the grandparents moving in an apt on their property to be near the kids in case Joe goes to prison.... now that explains it all. Looks like bye-bye Joey.
    ness likes this.

+ Reply to Thread