+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2906Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Regular

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

I think people confuse something. Just because someone is stupid and uneducated doesn't mean they can't also be conniving and devious. These qualities are not mutually exclusive. Teresa is all of the above.
    Punkin, prhoshay, mom2 and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by scootad View Post
    I think people confuse something. Just because someone is stupid and uneducated doesn't mean they can't also be conniving and devious. These qualities are not mutually exclusive. Teresa is all of the above.
    You're absolutely right, scoot!

Teresa IS all of the above, and I believe that I --- and perhaps quite a few others, here --- have made note of that, at some point or another, in one form or another, in our posts.

Matter of fact, I'll even go so far as to say that she, being stupid, uneducated, conniving and devious, is FAR more dangerous than someone who is smart and educated, but also conniving and devious.

I do believe that many of us here have put 2 and 2 together as regards Teresa.

And the total keeps adding up to 4.

LOL!!!!!!!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Oh, it's definitely much more fun to read/participate in the discussions here than to watch the shows.

I don't think I'll stop watching them any time soon....too much fun to watch these creatures act the way they do about what they do.
    (hope that makes sense)
    I try to view it as people did long ago with the "Morality Plays."
    When we watch these people behaving atrociously about fame/power/money...instead of what's really important
    in life, it probably helps us remember what's valuable and worth our time.
    It's all about such nonsense but the fun here at FORT is great!
    Punkin and OceanView like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by scootad View Post
    True. But, sometimes being conniving and devious are self-defense mechanisms. Teresa goes overboard, but at the core, she is protecting one of the few good things that have ever happened to her. Melissa would take it away in a heartbeat....and she means to.

That's my take on all this in a nutshell.

funny, i thought the opposite. that kathy would not have reacted so much if it wasn't true. i think they prob were on the brink of divorce at some point . . . lol, really, from what i see, it seems like all married couples are on the brink at some point . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Snow Bunny . . .

Kat could've soft-pedaled her response by saying something to the effect of T's mother being dead wrong about her supposed allegations of Kat and Richie divorcing, but, I'll have to acknowledge her rage over the Richie divorce statement. Anybody who's seen this show has seen Kat's Mother Teresa channeling, knows Richie thinks with his little head (THANKS, Poppy!) and is basically a bull in a china shop when it comes to his mouth. NO filter at ALL.

However, love or hate ANY of 'em, I don't think there's a single person anywhere who's watched this show that would EVER say that Kat and Richie EVER contemplated divorce. Loose mouth or not, she CLEARLY loves that man. And he CLEARLY loves her. I remember him threatening to burn down the Gorgas' house, if that's what Kat wanted him to do, after T'd snarked-up Kat at a Christmas party they had there.

Isn't it sad that no one even remarked about the "whoring" out of Gia??? It is a sad state when something like that is said and no one even raised an eyebrow because there were even worse things being said.
    Anyone else hear Teresa call hubby Juicy Joe Jewdice & not the new Jew-de-che?

With the calling out of Teresa & Kathy's parents, even if Teresa's mom where there I very much doubt she would have agreed to come on camera & speack of the issue. IIRC didn't they mention early on in the season that Teresa & Kathy's moms haven't spoken to each other in decades?

I am going to say this, what success has teresa attained on her own? Those are her mother's recipies that were ghost written by someone else just as her blog is written by someone else. She is just the face of the product.

Did I read one of the pervious posts that Juicy Joe bought Teresa diamonds after what happened in Napa? How do you do that when you are supposedly bankrupt???
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

OK, so maybe they were high quality Cee Zees, for show.....not that Teresa would know any different.....just something that would get her off his back and that she could show her "friends".
    Punkin likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Isn't it sad that no one even remarked about the "whoring" out of Gia??? It is a sad state when something like that is said and no one even raised an eyebrow because there were even worse things being said.
    Anyone else hear Teresa call hubby Juicy Joe Jewdice & not the new Jew-de-che?

With the calling out of Teresa & Kathy's parents, even if Teresa's mom where there I very much doubt she would have agreed to come on camera & speack of the issue. IIRC didn't they mention early on in the season that Teresa & Kathy's moms haven't spoken to each other in decades?

I am going to say this, what success has teresa attained on her own? Those are her mother's recipies that were ghost written by someone else just as her blog is written by someone else. She is just the face of the product.

Did I read one of the pervious posts that Juicy Joe bought Teresa diamonds after what happened in Napa? How do you do that when you are supposedly bankrupt???
    She said it on WWHL (I think that's where I heard her say it).

If true, that is the saddest thing. To allow someone to buy his way out of denigrating you with things, while your children see all that's going on, is beyond .... just beyond.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly View Post
    funny, i thought the opposite. that kathy would not have reacted so much if it wasn't true.
    Teresa and Kathy had been going at it and exchanging heated ripostes back and forth BEFORE the Kathy/Richie/divorce slam ever left Teresa's lips, anyway. So the devil was ALREADY up, BIG time.

What I recall seeing is that when that particular statement first came out of Teresa's mouth, Kathy reacted to the effect of: "Huh? WHAT?" Then, she said in a not unreasonable tone and fashion --- if WHAT TERESA SAID HAD BEEN TRUE (and they hadn't been getting into it, anyway): "Richie and I NEVER almost got divorced!"

The "reacting so much" to that statement on Kathy's part didn't come into play until AFTER Teresa came back at her with: "Well, my mother knew!"

That is the way I interpreted what I recall seeing.

BEFORE Teresa dragged her mother into it, Kathy reacted with the normal: "Huh? Say WHAT?" response that any person might probably have, had something ridiculous about them been brought up to them. She didn't nut up completely until Teresa dragged HER OWN MOTHER into her statement to shore up what she'd just said.

The way it came across to me, that is.

And as far as statements made being true:

At the Posche show, IIRC, it was Kathy who said to (I believe) Melissa (paraphrasing): "Well, if whatever this guy was saying was true, then why wouldn't he stick around to defend truth?"

Which leads me to . . .

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    With the calling out of Teresa & Kathy's parents, even if Teresa's mom where there I very much doubt she would have agreed to come on camera & speack of the issue.

I am going to say this, what success has Teresa attained on her own? Those are her mother's recipies that were ghost written by someone else just as her blog is written by someone else. She is just the face of the product.

Snow Bunny . . .

Re Teresa's mom coming on to own up to whether or not it WAS her that said to Teresa that Kathy and Richie almost divorced once?

Sure, I wouldn't've realistically expected Teresa's mom to have come on and backed that up. I do believe that Antonia Gorga was there. But, frankly, in the time I've been watching, the ONLY times I EVER recall even getting a glimpse of her were at Melissa's son's christening, when they were shooting the cover of one of Teresa's (LOL!) cookbooks, and when Teresa and Joe and their families took a formal portrait with Teresa and Joe's parents (the Gorgas).

So, no. My post about Antonia coming out had to do more with how I viewed that could've been handled by Antonia. Just to clear that up, even though I thought I said it understandably.

To quote Kathy, again (to Melissa, at the Posche Fashion Disaster): "Well, if whatever this guy was saying was true, then why wouldn't he stick around to defend the truth?"

Same church, different pew.

Why WOULDN'T Antonia logically come out and say she'd said that?

But, then again, to try to be reasonable and fair to Teresa's mother . . .

If Teresa were my daughter and she'd been behaving in the manner that she had been at the taping, up to that point, I HAVE to admit that it's within the realm of possibility I would've been too embarrassed to show my face and claim her as my child. And admit she got the Kathy/Rich/divorce story from me.

And I ABSOLUTELY agree with you about Teresa's success not really being her own.

Re Napa and the diamonds? Teresa sure did say that. It came out of her mouth on a WWHL show. And like you, the FIRST thought that hit was: "Aren't they BANKRUPT?" The second was: "She just sold herself."
    Punkin likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread