+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2810Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by miry View Post
    To me, it doesn't seem as though Teresa enjoys seeing other people have happiness or success. She may publicly wish the best for her castmates, but doesn't sincerely mean it. She really loves the limelight and knows that with her husband's many failure ventures, questionable faithfulness, and potential conviction, she knows that her being in the spotlight is the only way for her and her daughters to survive. She can't share the fame, because that's her family's only source of income.

I've been in Lauren's store, Cafface a couple of times now--once back at the end of May and most recently last week. I don't know if she only lost 35 pounds, as I didn't see her in person before the surgery, but she looks a lot thinner in person than she did on the reunion. Albie's girlfriend works there too. I thought on tv, she looked fuller (not fat, just regular), but in the store, she's this tiny thing. The camera really does add ten pounds. The store itself is great and the staff really know the products and which products work better on which skin types. On television, Lauren seems like she's always in full tv make-up, but in person she wears it very naturally. I know Caroline helped her get the store and with finances, but I think she'll do just fine on her own.
    Oh I love to hear from people who live near these "Bravolebrities". Thanks for the info. Question though.... I thought I read that Albie and his GF broke up? Is this true? I mean she still could be working for Lauren and be broken up... so I'm just wondering. Thanks.

FORT Regular

When I watch the episodes (including the reunion) I find myself wondering why I hate Teresa so much. Is it because she treats her family so poorly? Disrespects herself by staying in a marriage with a low life who clearly doesn't even like her and probably cheats on her? Is unable to discipline her out of control kids? Puts her baby girls in front of the camera and tries to make them stars? Can't string more than 3 words together? Is it the editing?

No it's none of the above. It's a certain something that I find despicable in some of my old high school classmates, co-workers, and other Bravo-lebrities like for instance Ramona, Nene, and Tamra. What do they all have in common??

Narcissism. Total and complete self-absorption, lack of ability or even concern to listen to other people's (even supposed 'FRIENDS' and FAMILY'S) thoughts and struggles without making it all about ME, ME, ME! All of these women are 100% selfish, only out for themselves, lack morals, empathy, and integrity and basic social graces. They are only a shell of a person. Zero substance underneath it all. Sad pathetic excuses for human beings. My heart goes out to their poor children.
    Punkin, candor, mom2 and 6 others like this.

Hmmm she needs to focus more on her child and less on petty feuds. All the tweeting in the world doesn't release anything other than more proof of how delusional she is. Jac needs to get off her lazy behind and do something to get her son the best help she can. Jacqueline is weak she is also a coward so she will hide behind the tweets and I guess some hope someone else will make it all better for her. Yikes and they call Tre the stupid one.

Tre at least had enough moxey to find away to bring in some income since Joe either can't or will not find work. You can say what you want about Tre but girlfriend has hustle and knows how to make that money by taking advantage of the gift called real housewives. I am positive this is part of the issues the other ladies have with her. Tre is like timex she takes a licking and keeps on ticking. They wanted to see her broken and cowering in a corner and she came out swinging, go Tre!
    Punkin, Dragonlady and sparklete like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Isn't it amazing that different people can watch the same thing yet come away with diverse opinions!!

I didn't see anyone picking on Teresa because she is well...shall I say not the brightest lightblub in the pack. I saw the group as being fed-up wutn Teresa's antics & then using her being clueless as her defense. While she may not have used the exact word "stripper" in reference to Melissa she DID use the word dancer...many times. Since we know from her lack of dance ability during her performances of her songs we can safely assume Melissa was not dancing on Broadway.

I do think there is jealousy between BOTH Melissa & Teresa and mainly over little Joey. Joey is Melissa's husband & Teresa really needs to learn to respect that. Even IF they get a divorce she is always going to be connected to Joey. I am sure Melissa would love to have the success that Teresa's ghostwriters have had. I do not for 1 moment believe that Teresa invented those recipies...not for 1 stinking moment. Sorry! My Italian grandmother lived 2 doors down from me so I can cook Italian in my sleep. Who gives a flyin rat's butt about glitter eye shadow. Ladies glitter eye shadow looks best on YOUNGER girls.

I don't care about Caroline and her family relationships nor do I care about Kathy & her group. I did not like her dig on Teresa's Mom. Sorry but elderly parents & children are NEVER ok to talk about especially is the parents are staying in the background & not part of the show. That was a low blow Kathy followed by an equally low blow by Teresa. Why does no one in this group ever learn to just take the high road & SHUT UP!!!

My heart goes out to Jacquline. Teresa her story was about Nicholas NOT about YOUR daughter. So now that Nicholas is not YOUR version of normal he is no longer good enough for your 3 year old daughter! That is the moment I no longer cared WHAT Teresa had to say not even if she is 100% correct about everything. This was about Nicholas & no one else and Teresa had to ruin it by sticking her 2 cents into it. Teresa try dealing witha non-verbal austic child. The very screech of your & your daughters' voices would drive them INSANE! When I saw that episode with Jacqui sitting in the swing set alone with Nicholas at that party it is because he can not interact with a large group. He is a beautiful angel and was born the way GOD wanted him to be.

Let me add this; teresa YOU want to be Bethenny so bad so by your own words are you not trying to copy her? I could never sit throught and watch a show just based on Teresa, Juicy & their 4 chidren...NOPE!
    Punkin, mom2, tekcat and 3 others like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Isn't it amazing that different people can watch the same thing yet come away with diverse opinions!!

So now that Nicholas is not YOUR version of normal he is no longer good enough for your 3 year old daughter! That is the moment I no longer cared WHAT Teresa had to say not even if she is 100% correct about everything.
    It is amazing!

Now in regards to the Nicholas situation, I didn't see that at all in Teresa's statement. More like she and Jacqueline aren't friends anymore, so the kids 'broke up'. Silly, but I do think that's what she was getting at. The moment was definitely cringe-worthy, but I don't think Teresa's intentions were as cruel as you mentioned.
    sparklete likes this.

Jory's Mom, I do agree with you I don't think Teresa was trying to be malicous just clueless. She just really needs to learn to keep her mouth shut at certain times. This was certainly not the time to chime in trying to be "cutesy". My nephew is a non-verbal austic child so her chiming in really annoyed me just as it does when people, trying to be polite, say my nephew will one day be "normal". Hello this IS his normal! He is a beautiful child who only knows love & how to love. He has zero idea about hate, jealousy & anger.
    I spent last Sunday playing with him & enjoyed every minute but that's just it. I got 10 minutes of his time because that was all he could give. The times when he looks at me & does know who I am...that smile is priceless. Other times I can walk in a room and I can be a chair next to the wall. It is just those percious moments...priceless.
    Teresa was wrong & owes Jacquline an apology and NOT one through a magazine and NOT on BRAVO with cameras rolling.
    Punkin and QUEENOF3 like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Newbie

I agree. She definitely owes Jac an apology for that.
    She really should had stayed quiet or at least faked tears like Melissa did.
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. I questioned my choice of entertainment and felt dirty and ugly watching the show. But, I'll watch the remaining shows of the reunion to see how it plays out. Its TBD for next season though.
    After watching the scene of people screaming at one another for dear life, as if the world depended on being understood as the victim, rather than the perpetrator of these family crimes of hatred and slander, I don't even know what to say. It's kind of sad and kind of scary.

What it seems to show is that disrespect and, personal betrayals, envy, and even hatred are very powerful and contagious, and that they feed on one another. If you're disrespected and an object of envy and perceived as a threat it seems hard to resist responding in kind.

I have to really respect Caroline, whom I never have much liked, for being the one not drawn into the ugliness, who reached out to Teresa near the end, to try to pull her out of the mire. Teresa (with J. Joe) in my mind is the dynamic center-- but the others have been pulled into it by her-- and I think, the strong influence of Bravo producers who use people, pitting them against one another, driving them to ever more vicious and vengeful feelings as a way to boost ratings-- into this quicksand.

I actually think, if we knew our own best interest, we would all boycott this show, rather than becoming tiny satellites-- who in effect keep the whole system in place. Like everyone else, I find myself also compelled to watch. There is something so addictive about these scenes in which everyone for their moment is in the right-- until their mortal enemy screams them down. Maybe for us there's a quality of unreality- as if after the show everyone will laugh and shake hands-- but for the real people it seems dead serious.

When Teresa, who is capable of losing herself completely in this, will rear back and with contorted face, shriek,"WHAAAAAATTTTTTTTTT???? ? "-- it really captures the confusion and disbelief that all these people must be feeling about what's happened. Once, they were friends, or at least, non-friends who were capable of living in the same world.

Andy and Bravo network haven't done us any favor in showing (and creating for us) this mirror of our worst selves.
    Punkin and elleprn like this.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post
    Oh I love to hear from people who live near these "Bravolebrities". Thanks for the info. Question though.... I thought I read that Albie and his GF broke up? Is this true? I mean she still could be working for Lauren and be broken up... so I'm just wondering. Thanks.
    Oh, I don't live in NJ, I was there for work both times. The first time, my husband, who was kind enough to accompany me (ie drive, as I've never driven through NY or NJ before and was a little afraid), and I just had lunch and I saw a sign that said, "Cafface" and I thought that was an interesting name and then it dawned on me that it was Lauren Manzo's store. I was actually running low on some make up and thought I'd pop in and to be honest, I wasn't expecting much. I was delightfully surprised and couldn't wait to go back, because the experience was so nice. I like shopping in places where they're there to help you and guide you, but don't push you into buying things. I always get that feeling at the department store make up counters.

I think I read that they are broken up too, but I guess Lauren and the ex-girlfriend got very close and are friends.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post

I didn't see anyone picking on Teresa because she is well...shall I say not the brightest lightblub in the pack. I saw the group as being fed-up wutn Teresa's antics & then using her being clueless as her defense. While she may not have used the exact word "stripper" in reference to Melissa she DID use the word dancer...many times. Since we know from her lack of dance ability during her performances of her songs we can safely assume Melissa was not dancing on Broadway.

I do think there is jealousy between BOTH Melissa & Teresa and mainly over little Joey. Joey is Melissa's husband & Teresa really needs to learn to respect that. Even IF they get a divorce she is always going to be connected to Joey. I am sure Melissa would love to have the success that Teresa's ghostwriters have had. I do not for 1 moment believe that Teresa invented those recipies...not for 1 stinking moment. Sorry! My Italian grandmother lived 2 doors down from me so I can cook Italian in my sleep. Who gives a flyin rat's butt about glitter eye shadow. Ladies glitter eye shadow looks best on YOUNGER girls.

I don't care about Caroline and her family relationships nor do I care about Kathy & her group. I did not like her dig on Teresa's Mom. Sorry but elderly parents & children are NEVER ok to talk about especially is the parents are staying in the background & not part of the show. That was a low blow Kathy followed by an equally low blow by Teresa. Why does no one in this group ever learn to just take the high road & SHUT UP!!!

My heart goes out to Jacquline. Teresa her story was about Nicholas NOT about YOUR daughter. So now that Nicholas is not YOUR version of normal he is no longer good enough for your 3 year old daughter! That is the moment I no longer cared WHAT Teresa had to say not even if she is 100% correct about everything. This was about Nicholas & no one else and Teresa had to ruin it by sticking her 2 cents into it. Teresa try dealing witha non-verbal austic child. The very screech of your & your daughters' voices would drive them INSANE! When I saw that episode with Jacqui sitting in the swing set alone with Nicholas at that party it is because he can not interact with a large group. He is a beautiful angel and was born the way GOD wanted him to be.

Let me add this; teresa YOU want to be Bethenny so bad so by your own words are you not trying to copy her? I could never sit throught and watch a show just based on Teresa, Juicy & their 4 chidren...NOPE!
    Snow Bunny . . .

Gotcha.

Regarding what I've bolded . . .

Kathy said to Teresa that she tried to help Teresa out when she (T) would call Kat and bitch about her (T's) in-laws.

(Which I took to mean Melissa.)

Teresa fired back to Kathy something to the effect of: "And you had problems with YOUR in-laws and you almost got divorced from Richie."

Kat stared and said that she NEVER almost got divorced from Richie.

Teresa shot back that yeah, well her mother knew.

Kat fired back that Teresa's mother was an f-n liar, too, just like Teresa.

It went on downhill from there.

My point for relating the above is this:

While I agree that parents shouldn't be dragged into their children's messes, Again, AS USUAL, TERESA WAS THE ONE WHO OPENED THE DOOR.

What is: "Well, my mother knew!" BUT her dragging HER parent, HER MOTHER into it?

That was the MAJOR instance of one of the women's parents getting dragged into this mess on the Reunion that I recall.

Plus, if Teresa's mother was there and Teresa'd been telling the truth, WHY DIDN'T MAMA COME FORWARD AND BACK HER DAUGHTER UP??? If I'd been Teresa's mom and what she said was the truth, I CERTAINLY would have. Elderly and in the background be damned. That is ONE time I DEFINITELY would've made my face and presence KNOWN, as Teresa's mother.

Kat could've soft-pedaled her response by saying something to the effect of T's mother being dead wrong about her supposed allegations of Kat and Richie divorcing, but, I'll have to acknowledge her rage over the Richie divorce statement. Anybody who's seen this show has seen Kat's Mother Teresa channeling, knows Richie thinks with his little head (THANKS, Poppy!) and is basically a bull in a china shop when it comes to his mouth. NO filter at ALL.

However, love or hate ANY of 'em, I don't think there's a single person anywhere who's watched this show that would EVER say that Kat and Richie EVER contemplated divorce. Loose mouth or not, she CLEARLY loves that man. And he CLEARLY loves her. I remember him threatening to burn down the Gorgas' house, if that's what Kat wanted him to do, after T'd snarked-up Kat at a Christmas party they had there.

Frankly, I UNDERSTAND why Kat shot back that T's mother was a liar. Teresa is The Queen of the Liars, and SHE was the one who dragged KAT'S in-laws AND HER OWN MOTHER into the mess, as WELL AS KAT AND ROSIE'S DECEASED FATHER.

For which Rosie was ready to jump her, and had to leave.

Again, ALL OF THIS STARTED WITH TERESA, AFAIK.

JMHO.
    Last edited by ness; 10-03-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    Punkin and AmyKay like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread