+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2660Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

I guess I am the only one who didn't think it was funny when Lauren asked Teresa to spell "napalm." Lauren is a b*tch and a svelter (thanks to lap band surgery) mini bitter Caroline, imo. She is NOT a housewife so why was she there? However, she did get her point across...Teresa does not write own blog. It's sad that she had to lie about it but I think most folks know that as inarticulate as Tre is, no way could she be writing her own blog. However, they are all obsessed with Teresa...without her they would have absolutely nothing to talk about. Good or bad, she is the breakout star of RHONJ, imo.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think all gloves were off when Lauren (who is not anybody that I love) heard Teresa go after her mother.....it was fair game, and it was ON then. Lauren has shown that she can think on her feet; Teresa, not so much. Score 1 for the Manzo brat!!!! Lauren shut it down. What is really sad is that Lauren felt that she HAD to go there. Well, Teresa, let this be a lesson to you...."don't start no stuff (not the word I wanted to use)...won't be none!" Lauren did not throw the first punch.
    Punkin and OceanView like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Well, shay we are going to have to agree to disagree. Caroline does not need her pit bull of a daughter to fight her own battles. Perhaps I am not remembering it correctly but didn't Caroline throw the first punch by insulting Tre's Christmas pageant dress? To which Tre responded " blubber, blubber, blubber." Yeah, that was kind of juvenile but whatever. Or maybe it was when Tre questioned the Manzo children's work ethic? It was in direct response to a viewer question asking Tre's opinion about the Manzo kids. Tre answered that she loved the Manzo kids, but then put in her little dig about before Blackwater they never really worked and she was working since she was 14. If that is when Lauren jumped in and got all defensive but still, defensive much? Really, what have the Manzo kids accomplished except sucking at Big Red's teat? Plus, isn't this the same Lauren who professed she does not like reading? She probably had to look up the word napalm herself to be able to spell it correctly and be able to define it.

Oh well, it sure would be boring if we all had the same reactions and opinions to this silly show. I waste far too much time watching and reading about it.
    Punkin, sparklete and beachbumz like this.

True..Caroline doesn't need Lauren to fight her battles but it was obvious to me that Caroline knew there was no point in arguing with Tre. I thought she and Jac both were at most times amusing. As far as the pageant dress comment... It did look like a pageant dress. All of the other had on what I would consider cocktail dresses. Why does Tre feel the need to where a long pageant dress?

I also don't give a damn who's had lap band surgery or any other procedure for that matter. That's they're business and if they've chosen to make it ours, so be it. The point is, Tre chose to wear the ugly green pageant dress on national television. It was fair game. Caroline chose to keep her lap band surgery or tummy tuck, whatever it was, private. Tre had no right to out it.
    And what was up with the eyeshadow comment. Does Tre now think she is the only person who can wear sparkly eye shadow on that show?

Caroline may have her faults but she doesn't hold a candle to the dispicable, disgusting, dilusional witch Teresa has become.

OK... I'm done for the day.
    Punkin, ness, GabbyG and 1 others like this.

i can't stand lauren manzo. she wants to be caroline, jr so bad, but yet caroline treats her like crap. and how disgusting was she talking abt she thinks her "chuckie" is going to show?!?!? well wear a longer dress you moron. and she needs to do some toning on that gut before she throws on a tight leather dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I guess I am the only one who didn't think it was funny when Lauren asked Teresa to spell "napalm." Lauren is a b*tch and a svelter (thanks to lap band surgery) mini bitter Caroline, imo. She is NOT a housewife so why was she there? However, she did get her point across...Teresa does not write own blog. It's sad that she had to lie about it but I think most folks know that as inarticulate as Tre is, no way could she be writing her own blog. However, they are all obsessed with Teresa...without her they would have absolutely nothing to talk about. Good or bad, she is the breakout star of RHONJ, imo.
    MsDiva2007, Kiz, sparklete and 1 others like this.

FORT Newbie

Lauren is clearly trying to win her mother's approval.
    Punkin and Kiz like this.

FORT Fogey

I like Lauren. Sure, her behavior on the reunion is not what I'd put in front of a young girl to say "this is how to behave". But I like that she has the confidence to stand at her mother's side when her mom is being attacked. She reminds me quite bit of Vicki Gunvalson's daughter, although I'd say that Brianna is more together than Lauren. Acutally, last night I was thinking that Lauren and Brianna would be a really fun pairing for guests on Watch What Happens Live one night when they do one of their big "after an explosive episode" episodes.
    OceanView likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    1 down, 2 to go. So far, my thoughts are these.....Teresa looked pretty bad tonight - for lots of reasons.but STILL....I'm on her side in all this. How Kathy and Melissa were brought on the show was not good. I must say that if there was already a bit of bad blood, I'd feel as defensive and angry as Teresa. and I do not like Melissa or Caroline any more than I ever did - which is not at all.I don't mind Jac. Not a big fan of Kathy, but her family is entertaining to me (Richie, Rosie, the kids). Oh, and I don't care for Kathy's nose job. -----

I skipped out of Jersey during Danielle's final season. It just got to be too much. I'll watch the remaining reunion shows, but as to next season, there will have to be major changes for me to come back. Plus, I have a hard time with the Jersey-speak. It's really rough and ugly and gross. Chucky??? Did she really say that? Rosie, threatening to kill someone (in a rather believable way)? The big discussion going on over in the NYC is what the expression "trailer trash" means. I think the entire NJ cast comes close to what might be the true definition. Caroline is too depressing and vile. Kathy is boring. Melissa may be as pure as snow for all I know, but she still strikes me as a tramp. I would watch to see Jac deal with her son and daughter. I would watch to see how Teresa's story line unfolds. I do not like to speak badly of any of the chidren - even the grown ones. I do like all the kids on the show and wouldn't mind watching them as their careers evolve. I actually think Caroline's and Jac's daughters will do well for themselves. I thing they have stories young girls can relate to. Both are working through their issues as best as they know how and for that reason, they bring some value to he show.
    It struck me as odd that Rosie would have a microphone on when she was in the back room. Bravo might have wired her up, hoping for an outburst.
    Punkin likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fogey

They also may have had a mic on her because they were planning on having her come out for a segment at some point prior to the outburst. Andy has made it clear that he LOVES Rosie, so if he can work her into a show, I think he would with or without an outburst.
    Punkin likes this.

Re Lauren . . .

JMHO . . .

Did she rip Teresa a new one? Yes, she did. And based on what I recall seeing, Lauren didn't go after Teresa until AFTER Andy had asked Teresa about what she thought of Caroline's parenting AND how the Manzo kids turned out. Teresa responded with: "I think her kids are great. The one thing I have to say is that now, they have blk water, but before that, they didn't have jobs."

My point is that after Teresa made that statement about the Manzo kids having "blk water now, but no jobs before that", if I'd been Lauren, I'd've gone off on her too. Far as I can remember, one, or both, of the boys worked at The Brownstone. Sure, that may be your parents' business, but somebody needs to explain to me how working at your parents' business does NOT equate to having a job? Also, from what I recall seeing, Lauren tried to start up a makeup stand (or something of that nature) at, what is it, The Chateau? No, that didn't work out (Lauren and Caroline now own the building/space that The Chateau was once in, and she now runs a business, Cafface, out of that spot).

Now, prior to my getting heavily involved in watching RHONJ, those kids may have been trying and not doing so well at other things jobwise, but in at least the two instances I've referred to above, seems to me as though those kids were TRYING to take a run at job-holding BEFORE blk water was ever thought about as an employment avenue for ANY of them.

And far as I know, Lauren has NO involvement in blk water at ALL, so for Teresa to make the statement that prior to blk water those kids had no jobs implied that Lauren, too, now works for blk water, which is NOT true, to AFAIK.

Frankly, if that'd been a grown kid of mine sitting next to me and Teresa made an untrue, hateful statement like that --- which directly addressed and reflected on my ADULT child and her ADULT sibs --- I would've EXPECTED my child to have had the backbone to confront that statement and the person who made it. AND make defensive, countering statements on their behalf, as well as points to indicate how the person who made the statement didn't have their $#!+ together, in the first place, too.

I'd've ripped my child a new one, later on, if she HADN'T defended herself and her brothers, right then, AT THE SCENE OF THE CRIME. Sure, I would've let fly with a few choice remarks and observations of my own. But make NO mistake, I would NOT have expected OR condoned a kid of mine being verbally attacked and snarked at like that --- BY ANYONE --- and sitting next to me totally silent and letting it go.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones?

Damn straight.

Teresa opened the door, and Lauren just ran right on through it.

KUDOS TO LAUREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by ness; 10-01-2012 at 03:42 PM.
    Punkin, prhoshay, GabbyG and 2 others like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread