+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3788Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by scootad View Post
    I see absolutely nothing wrong with any of these people trying to cash in on their B or C list celebrity status by selling books, pastries, etc. It's been done before and will continue to be done. Not that I'd ever want to appear on reality TV and have my privacy ripped away from me, but if I did I sure as hell would want something good at least financially to come of it.
    I think D-List is more appropriate.

The only reason I can think of for accepting a role in this kind of reality TV show is free publicity for the project of your dreams. I have no problem with that, either, and did not mean to imply in my earlier post that I do. My point is just that Teresa's relatives signed on to profit by promoting their business ideas, and accepted roles that were meant to do nothing but expose family feuds.

Teresa did not sign up for that, but she had to accept it. I do not believe that either she or Melissa are jealous of each other, but that they are not (and probably never will be) friends. Caroline Manzo is another story entirely. So is Jacqueline. I think they are both somewhat resentful of the fame Teresa Guidice has generated - both for her odd, shallow, furtively deceitful personality as well as her actual strengths and the fact that she has penned (with a ghost writer) 3 NY Times bestsellers. I think that definitely gets under Caroline's skin.

On camera, this whole past season, Caroline has looked like she could benefit from a good old-fashioned enema. Jacq just seems troubled, and after hearing about what she and her husband are dealing with at home (with Nicholas), I understand that.
    Punkin, Eastcoastmom and beachbumz like this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought Teresa's facial expressions when the bald guy walked up to her table at the fashion show was very telling. She did not look, at all, surprised to see him. That said, to me, that she was in on his being there, and what was about to go down. It must have been that look of discomfort and, if you have nothing to be uncomfortable about, why get that "I think I'm gonna be sick," look?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn View Post
    I have a few questions. I've been watching this "show" since its onset. I'm from Franklin Lakes, and my Sis still lives there a block from Caroline. One of the reasons I watched is to see my old house and my sister's current house and landmarks I miss so much. Why did anyone need permission from Teresa to be on this show? "They went behind my back". WTH, was she the casting director? At the PFS, why did Pete Gudice grab and hug Teresa during the drama and say "good job Teresea. you did good"? Any thoughts?
    Hey Elleprn, I have 3 friends all in Franklin Lakes, and sounds like one could be your sister's neighbor! Small world... How does your sister manage to stay above all the gossip there? Somehow, 5 states away, my friends have sucked me in, and I'm ready to go back to ignoring this show, but just can't right now. And what are we going to do when Mel & Gorilla actually move to Franklin Lakes? Things will just get worse then.

I think for me, what really has me obsessed lately is realizing just how low this all has gone, and how really ugly the truth is. I get reality shows being "set up", "scripted", how editing works: misleading statements- scenes staged, etc, where people are provoked to start fights, create drama, make mini attacks, and the like for ratings, and then people kiss and makeup, take the check to the bank, rinse and repeat. BUT as I understand it there is real hatred on this show and between the participants. Apparently they have stooped lower than the norm, even with the already low standards for "reality" tv. They seem be really messing with people's lives here.... That is not my idea of entertainment!

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn
    have a few questions. I've been watching this "show" since its onset. I'm from Franklin Lakes, and my Sis still lives there a block from Caroline. One of the reasons I watched is to see my old house and my sister's current house and landmarks I miss so much. Why did anyone need permission from Teresa to be on this show? "They went behind my back". WTH, was she the casting director? At the PFS, why did Pete Gudice grab and hug Teresa during the drama and say "good job Teresea. you did good"? Any thoughts?
    As to the bolded questions: I totally get why Teresa felt betrayed by Bravo, who brought her family members into the cast to expose family feuds. That's not the standard, is it? Imagine if they had decided to bring on new cast members all of whom were the brothers and sisters that Caroline Manzo is no longer on speaking terms with, and promote the public airing of that family's dirty laundry? Do you think Caroline would not have a few pithy, cutting remarks in response to that? I daresay she would, and she would probably blame it on Teresa, the "source of all the pain" in her relationships.

As to whatever Pete Guidice said, I must have missed this. Was it actually on film?
    Punkin, mayamaisha and sparklete like this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    As to the bolded questions: I totally get why Teresa felt betrayed by Bravo, who brought her family members into the cast to expose family feuds. That's not the standard, is it? Imagine if they had decided to bring on new cast members all of whom were the brothers and sisters that Caroline Manzo is no longer on speaking terms with, and promote the public airing of that family's dirty laundry? Do you think Caroline would not have a few pithy, cutting remarks in response to that? I daresay she would, and she would probably blame it on Teresa, the "source of all the pain" in her relationships.

As to whatever Pete Guidice said, I must have missed this. Was it actually on film?
    Poppy . . .

Believe it or not, I actually get what you're saying.

What Bravo did would be, essentially, kinda like me inviting you and your DH over to my house one night for dinner (or vice versa), just the four of us. The appointed time comes, the doorbell rings, I open it to find . . .

You, your DH, your BIL and SIL who just happened to be in town, plus your two kids (one's football practice was cancelled; the other couldn't go over to her friend's house to study because the friend came down with strep), and worst of all, your Uncle Otis. Who just HAPPENS to be the known town drunk that also doesn't happen to have an up-close-and-personal relationship with a bar of soap and a washcloth.

WHOAH!!!!!

You and your DH were invited to have dinner at my house and I was expecting to prepare dinner for four people. But . . . YOU SHOW UP ON MY DOORSTEP WITH THE FIELDS VERSION OF, SAY, THE MORMON TABERNACLE CHOIR IN TOW, EXPECTING ME TO FEED ALL THESE PEOPLE, AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN RESPECT ME ENOUGH TO ASK IF YOU COULD BRING THEM OVER??????!!!!!!!!!!!! ESPECIALLY UNCLE OTIS???????

Same church, different pew as Teresa continually howling about the Gs and Ws coming on, EXCEPT:

In THAT particular situation, it's not like inviting somebody over to your house and they show up unexpectedly with a boatload of freeloadin' folks 'cause they didn't want to be bothered cooking, or whatever.

Even though I understand Teresa's basic mindset on the situation, to me, the facts just remain the facts that they are:

That is an EMPLOYMENT situation. Teresa, Juicy, Caroline, et. al. are on the EMPLOYEE side of the fence. NOT the EMPLOYER side.

As that is the case, the EMPLOYER is not required, either through morals, good manners, the milk of human kindness --- or any other reason --- to inform ANY of its employees of ANY of its business decisions. ESPECIALLY as regards who goes, who stays, etc.

Sure, it might've been NICE of Bravo to have "told" or "informed" Teresa that the Gs and Ws were coming on.

But they had NO intention whatsoever of doing that . . .

Why?

As the employers, they didn't HAVE to . . .

And, secondly, they KNEW how Teresa would behave about it and the crap she would stir up because of it (being pissed at not having been informed). They KNEW that they were setting themselves up for some real hot action and good ratings.

And, bless her heart, Teresa is SO not present between the ears that she gave them exactly what they were expecting her to give them.

Had Teresa been an undamaged, secure person, she would not have cared for one SECOND who was signed to come on this show.

But Bravo knew who they were dealing with, in Teresa. They played her. And being Teresa, she didn't have a CLUE she'd been played until AFTER she found out about the Gs and Ws. And really, she didn't even know it THEN, because if she HAD, she'd've welcomed the two couples with open arms and played nice. And TPTB @ Bravo would've been banging their heads against their walls and desks in frustration, because there were no consistently ongoing fireworks in Franklin Lakes.

Let's face it . . .

Looking at a season or two of them all getting along (for the most part) wouldn't've been NEARLY as interesting as pretty much a couple of seasons full of husbands calling wives nasty names, stripper allegations being implied or bandied about, screaming, cursing, kids being left in strollers in the middle of brawls, etc.

*Shrugs.*

Just another take on it.

ETA . . .

Oh, and even if there WASN'T an under-the-table deal between Bravo and Teresa for Teresa to take on the card-carrying- witch role, Teresa was STILL not owed any consideration by TPTB to have been told by them that her worst nightmares would be showing up to play.

I still think she could've beaten them at their game if she'd only made nice with the newcomers.

That would REALLY have upset the corporate apple cart.

But, again, Teresa ain't that fast on her feet to have sussed that out.
    Last edited by ness; 09-30-2012 at 07:18 PM.
    Punkin likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Poppy: It was on camera. It also begs question, why was he even there? I get what you're saying about bringing in feuding family members. I suppose she can't take that out on the hand that feeds her, so she'll just take it out on her castmates. She's being played and I don't think she even "gets it".

thatblonde: My sister hasn't a clue who these knuckle draggers are. As far as I know, Caroline is the only one that lives in Franklin Lakes. She knows them because Chris and Albie went all through school with her son. Played baseball, etc.

ness:

I completely agree that Bravo was on firm contractual ground when they decided to cast Teresa's relatives. They wanted back-stabbing and catfights, which is typical fare for Bravo - except, I don't they usually bring a cast member's relatives in to facilitate it. Do they? Maybe I'm wrong, but I think this a major blindsiding of Teresa Guidice.

I think you're right in that her reaction was exactly what they hoped for! I don't think that Caroline would have behaved any differently, though. I think any cast member with ongoing family feuds would have been outraged.

It's interesting to me that she was probably paid for ranting, too. That woman can certainly sell trashy magazines!

elleprn:

Thanks. I'll have to watch it again and catch this!
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    ness:

I completely agree that Bravo was on firm contractual ground when they decided to cast Teresa's relatives. They wanted back-stabbing and catfights, which is typical fare for Bravo - except, I don't they usually bring a cast member's relatives in to facilitate it. Do they? Maybe I'm wrong, but I think this a major blindsiding of Teresa Guidice.

I think you're right in that her reaction was exactly what they hoped for! I don't think that Caroline would have behaved any differently, though. I think any cast member with ongoing family feuds would have been outraged.

It's interesting to me that she was probably paid for ranting, too. That woman can certainly sell trashy magazines!
    Yeah . . .

Maybe most shows don't take it THAT far, I think.

But . . .

One thing I ALWAYS found fascinating about NJ, though --- even before I really started watching it very regularly in S3 ---was that in S1 (just rolling around in cyberspace), I read that Caroline and Dina were not only sisters by blood, but sisters-in-law by MARRIAGE, too, because they'd married two brothers.

And their SIL, Jac, of course, was on the show, too?! MARRIED TO CAROLINE'S AND DINA'S BROTHER???!!

Wow.

Geeze. That was just a bit too much family closeness for me to wrap my head around, at the time.

So --- and I'm NOT defending TPTB @ Bravo --- but since that was the case, since they'd already CAST blood/marriage-related people from S1, why WOULDN'T they feel free to go ahead and cast the Gorgas and Wakiles? And NOT tell Teresa? ESPECIALLY since Teresa had issues with both families AND they were related by blood and marriage? They needed to make sure their little home-grown hellraiser didn't know, so she'd act true to form. And WHEN she did, that'd be a ratings bonanza for them, and they knew it.

So, it was no big deal to them to go back to the well the relatives were in and draw a few more out to use.

And, of course, we all know how that particular worm has turned, so far.

Oh, and, Teresa? Got PAID??????????

SURE SHE DID!!!!!!

LOL!
    Last edited by ness; 09-30-2012 at 10:14 PM.
    alizarules likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Watching the reunion now... after seeing the Famewhoregas website and reading all the opinions here I dont necessarily like any of these women, but Tre is just the worst of the worst.I feel like one of the few that dislike her, but we are all entitled to our own opinion. Tonight I see her trying to make everything about her. I dont think she really loves her family (besides her hub,mother, and father) I know people will say they are ganging up on Tre again, but in my opinion she brought this on herself. Nothing else I read/hear/see will change my opinion of Tre, and that says a lot because I consider myself a pretty open minded person.

I agree that they just need to get a new cast entirely.
    Punkin, mom2, GabbyG and 2 others like this.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield
    FORT 2015 Yearbook Title:The FoRT's Best Little Sister And Social Media Mogul

As I read all the posts here, I see so much that I agree with. My shared opinion is only...just that.
    What I do like is we're all having a good time talking about the various villains & good guys...do we have any good guys??

I think Tre was a delightful and unexpected gift to Bravo...better than just a sleazy creep like Danielle. Tre has a likable side next to her very vicious side which would bring in more viewers.
    Altho I have to admit, I kinda of understand Tre's upset about Mel/Joe & Kathy/Richie intrusion. This was her Gold Mine, a dream come true and she was the Queen of All the Land...and the Limelight.
    I doubt she'd want to share that with Melissa....I'm pretty sure they always rubbed each other the wrong way but were polite/fake most of the time. I don't blame her for not liking it.

All the $$ she must have earned saved them from living in a trailer or an apt with 4 little girls so she's going to take very good care of TPTB at Bravo ....willing to do ANYTHING....so I think
    it's apparent that ALL of these questionable people are capable of "acting" that way...........AND they are all capable of really being mean, deceptive, dirty dealing, lying, conniving, selfish...................etc.
    Thus I think we're all probably right about all the parts that all the people played.
    thatblonde and sparklete like this.

+ Reply to Thread