+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2847Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Yes this whole thing stinks to high heaven. The truth is getting out and it's going to leave skid marks all over Bravo & the Gorga's. I am going to sit back with some popcorn and watch the fallout. The fired producer is the key here.
    I hope the truth does come out, because nothing, so far, makes me dislike the Gorga's more than Juicy/Tre.
    prhoshay and elleprn like this.

Hey all, I love reading the FORT dissection of the creepy little critters under the RHNJ microscope; what an interwoven, convoluted trail of events, wow! Then I remember what I thought in the beginning - these are neanderthal, antediluvian, knuckle-draggers.

The most interesting thing about RHNJ is the posts here - insightful, some hilariously funny, and a whole lot more intelligent than the people we're talking about!

And what's this about a producer being fired? This keeps getting worse...
    Punkin, GabbyG, elleprn and 1 others like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Hey all, I love reading the FORT dissection of the creepy little critters under the RHNJ microscope; what an interwoven, convoluted trail of events, wow! Then I remember what I thought in the beginning - these are neanderthal, antediluvian, knuckle-draggers.

The most interesting thing about RHNJ is the posts here - insightful, some hilariously funny, and a whole lot more intelligent than the people we're talking about!

And what's this about a producer being fired? This keeps getting worse...
    Are you kidding? It's getting better!!!!
    Punkin likes this.

I'm seriously wondering if they're going to have to entirely --- or ALMOST entirely --- recast RHONJ?

Sure, I'll be the first one to step up to the plate and admit that I DO like my share of trash and drama.

But, I'm also thinking that TPTB and Teresa have gone WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY overboard with this mess.

A LITTLE bit of drama and infighting goes a loooooong way.

A LOT of it just gets you to the point where you want to turn the channel.

Why can they not see and understand this?
    Punkin, mom2 and elleprn like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post
    Other people like Kim, have talked about Mel being a stripper and having skeltons in her closet.... well maybe she has.... but that gives no reason for a sister-in-law to shout it to the world.
    This is where I have a problem and why I mentioned The Emperor Has No Clothes:
    - when did Teresa "shout it to the world?"
    She said nothing after the goon at the salon spoke about Melissa and only brought it up after Baldy approached Mel at dinner....And ONLY in the restroom...when they were alone...and only asked what he was talking about regarding his insinuations about being a "dancer."

So what was wrong about that? I'd probably do the same thing.

How did all the other women at the table learn about the private conversation between Tre and Mel?
    By Mel telling/announcing to EVERYONE that Teresa insinuated that she was once a stripper. (which she didn't...altho she'd prob love the idea)
    Melissa caused the whole uproar...not Tre. Melissa made the world aware about the whole thing and they all immediately jumped on the idea of Teresa being "mean" to poor little Melissa.

Joe, who was in NJ, appeared awfully quickly...along w/his pal, Richie. Odd.

Jacqui gets texts from someone saying Teresa is setting up Melissa.....and she believes it......

So when did the Set-Up happen??
    Tre did nothing but sit at the table, watch a goon say hello to Melissa and thehn, very privately ask Mel about it in the restroom.
    So I ask again, where's the set up?
    The word Stripper never came out of Teresa's mouth except in the restroom w/Mel.
    In the beginning, in the restroom, Mel started off acting like she was calling Joe because of the Goon-man....then soon it escalated into Kim's bad deeds and then,
    Teresa became the major "Bad Guy."

I still cannot believe that I'm defending Teresa. There is very little I like about that woman but this time, she's not the villain.

PS. Oceanview, please know I'm not arguing with you...I'm actually angry with Bravo pulling such a sleazy lowdown act.
    I think these strange people provide enough drama and stuff to gossip about without throwing one
    to the wolves by their own design.
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 09-30-2012 at 04:05 AM.
    Punkin and buttahfly like this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I think you're partially right DL -- in that Teresa didn't call Melissa a "stripper" at the fashion show. . . but I DO think she was in on the set-up --- and I think she purposely did not call Melissa a stripper or accuse her of anything --- she just merely asked Melissa who the bald guy (Angelo) was, and how he knew Melissa. BUT, to me, that was all part of the set-up --- that was Teresa's "role" --- being the innocent, protective good sister-in-law. BUT we've been watching Teresa for several years now, and we've seen how she operates. First of all, when Teresa smells blood, she goes directly after it, particularly when it involves her family. And there is no way, that when she was getting her hair and makeup done (at a salon that she never would've normally gone to, without some particular reason, by the way), that when some strange guy started saying negative things about Melissa that she would have run out of the room in 'mock' horror --- She would've been rooted to the spot to get all of the information (the dirt) on Melissa to, at the very least, hear what it was that he was accusing Melissa of. And more likely, even if she wasn't in a fight with Melissa at that moment --- she would've stored the info away for future use!!!! Same for Teresa's innocent act at the fashion show, with all of her fake heart palpitations (Puleeeeze!!!!) and all of her heart-felt concerns about Melissa's reputation. While she was acting all innocent, bald guy Angelo was clearly telling everyone at the bar, within hearing distance (including the Bravo camera men and the viewing public), that Teresa and Kim D were setting Melissa up.

And by the way, let's not blanketly blame Bravo for this. A lot of information is coming out about ONE Bravo producer (the one who probably sent Jac the texts) -- but that doesn't mean that the whole Bravo network or all of those people responsible for the show were involved in this set-up or have done anything wrong. I don't believe that's true. Bravo taking advantage of huge drama -- definitely. Stirring the pot a bit -- probably. But Bravo actually setting up and causing this kind of a HUGE family trauma --- I don't think so! These people have done it to themselves, and NEITHER Melissa nor Teresa are innocent. Teresa has periodically been accusing Melissa of having been a former stripper practically from Day One. But her accusations never really gained traction, in the early days because no one in the cast knew Melissa, and later because when the cast met Melissa, everyone quickly grew to really like her. So no one really paid attention to the accusations of Melissa having been a stripper. And Melissa is no innocent here either - because it is beginning to look like she really WAS a stripper --- or at least a sexy bikini dancer. And now, according to the links posted above by other posters, a number of people who knew Melissa from those days, are beginning to come out of the woodwork to confirm that the accusations are actually true.

So, to summarize --- my take on this brouhaha, is that BOTH sides are at fault. Teresa and Kim D for setting up the scandal and Melissa for trying to cover up her semi-sordid past.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 09-30-2012 at 07:25 AM.
    Dragonlady likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post
    Are you kidding? It's getting better!!!!
    Oh, worse is better for RHNJ. I love crazy - keeps me entertained.
    Punkin likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I have a few questions. I've been watching this "show" since its onset. I'm from Franklin Lakes, and my Sis still lives there a block from Caroline. One of the reasons I watched is to see my old house and my sister's current house and landmarks I miss so much. Why did anyone need permission from Teresa to be on this show? "They went behind my back". WTH, was she the casting director? At the PFS, why did Pete Gudice grab and hug Teresa during the drama and say "good job Teresea. you did good"? Any thoughts?
    GabbyG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn View Post
    I have a few questions. I've been watching this "show" since its onset. I'm from Franklin Lakes, and my Sis still lives there a block from Caroline. One of the reasons I watched is to see my old house and my sister's current house and landmarks I miss so much. Why did anyone need permission from Teresa to be on this show? "They went behind my back". WTH, was she the casting director? At the PFS, why did Pete Gudice grab and hug Teresa during the drama and say "good job Teresea. you did good"? Any thoughts?
    elle . . .

EXACTLY!

What YOU said about anyone needing permission from Teresa to be on this show? I THINK I'VE BEEN HOWLING THE SAME THING FOR AT LEAST A YEAR! Teresa is an EMPLOYEE of Bravo, just as all the REST of 'em are. UNLESS . . . When she took Danielle's crown as being the resident RHONJ troublemaker, to sweeten the deal, Bravo cut an under-the-table, publicly unknown and un-billed producer's role into it for her.

Maybe that's farfetched, but by now, as much as Teresa keeps harping on "NOBODY TOLD ME THEY WERE COMING ON! THEY WENT BEHIND MY BACK!", since her saying that has OBVIOUSLY not been stopped by the Bravo PTB --- which is what a reasonable person WOULD think they'd do ---- you'd HAVE to wonder about whether or not a private, side deal that gives Teresa a bit of power exists.

And the Pete deal? I wondered about that, too. I haven't come up with a plausible explanation for his being there, in the first place. However, I DO believe that he unintentionally outed Teresa as regards --- by time of the Posche fashion show, anyway --- her knowing what Baldy and Kim were up to re Melissa, and by that time, being a willing participant in the set-up.

Just some thoughts.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn View Post
    From what I have gathered reading on other sites (and not that famehorgas site), both Melissa and Kathy were desperate to come on this show and campaigned for a long time to get on. I don't know what Teresa and Kathy's relationship was prior to this show but apparently Kathy and Rich were not as well off as Tre/Joe Gui and Jo Go/Melissa. Although both families apparently lived well above their means with the Guidices declaring bankruptcy and Jo Go and Melissa moving b/c they cannot afford their home. Anyway, as I said upthread and don't know if this is the gospel truth but it has been discussed to death on another site, Melissa and Joe were not even being considered to be on the show UNTIL they made that drunken video and said they would bring Teresa down. So, s.i.l. Mel and brother Joe came on the show to cause trouble. Very nice. As far as Pete Guidice saying "good job" at the Posche Fashion Show to Teresa, it's been said that editing monkeys were at work. That apparently although it appears that Tre went back into the establishment after all the commotion outside and looked like she was celebrating w/ friends and drinking, that if you look closely you can see that the fashion show is still going on. I think it is going to be interesting to see what happens with the new cast and if Tre and Jo Gui are getting their own show. Kathy wasn't asked back and will just appear as a friend on occasional episodes from what I have read and Caroline and Jacq won't be back. Pete and Sheila Guidice may be joining the cast is another thing I have read.
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread