+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 804 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475115165565 ... LastLast
Like Tree3476Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Regular

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Danielle is a total train wreck...
    I think you'll be hard-pressed to find someone who disagrees with this assessment.
    ...While she did have the right to confront ... or better yet, discuss ... her suspicion that Dina was talking to people about the book, the time and place and manner of her doing it was completely inappropriate...
    It appears this was one of those practicalities of reality tv. Without discussing the book - the subject of the brief season - what other material does the cast have to recap at the finale?

...And really, who wouldn't discuss a book like that, in which an acquaintance is accused of various crimes from kidnapping to prostitution, no matter how long ago, and you don't know what's true and what might be ongoing ... nobody could know whether her past is really the past....
    Then why didn't her castmates simply admit it?

...She said herself it was really between her and Dina, so why not talk with Dina privately?...
    Likewise, why didn't Caroline, Dina, & Teresa follow Jacqueline's lead & discuss the book with Danielle, rather than gossip about it around town?

...If it was between her and Dina, why bring it up at that time and place? And why bring it up when just about everyone in the room is related to Dina, or is a good friend of Dina's (like Theresa),...
    Again, IMHO it's a practicality of reality tv intended to create drama for ratings.

Her true self came out at the end of "The Last Supper" with her threats... So does she think she can beat Caroline's a$$, or is she implying she'd bring a gun? Why is she even talking about this with her young daughters?!
    It was my understanding at the closing scene outside the restaurant she was discussing Teresa (whom she claimed told her that she was "lucky to be walking out of the restaurant" & she was venting/postering in response), not Caroline.

...apparently Dina was the only one who thought that was crazy...
    ...which she couldn't express without uttering the f-word in front of her daughter. IMHO Dina has spent the entire season attempting to portray herself as charitable (yet I read her Ladybug charity doesn't have IRS non-profit status), a wonderful mother (yet she was unaware of the contents of her daughter's room & obviously emphasizes appearance & wealthy), happily married (despite admitting in her previous reality tv show appearance that her dh cheated multiple times before marriage & she married him anyway, other internet sources report they are/have been separated & he currently lives with a mistress in a condo across from the Brownstone), & a sought-after professional decorator (yet other internet sources claim she was a nail tech before seducing the salon owner, her daughter's father, & then moved with her daughter into Caroline's family's home where she was employed at the Brownstone - allegedly she doesn't have a degree/creditials in interior design). IMHO Dina's more delusional than Danielle; at least Danielle owns it!
    Last edited by *angela; 06-21-2009 at 06:53 PM.

They all have their problems ... but Danielle needs a psych ward.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I don't know any of these people and, since this is a realty show, I take most of it with a grain of salt.
    However, Danielle's relationship with her kids seems a bit off center, to say the least. Dina, on the other hand, seems to have a good relationship with her daughter.
    Just my 2 cents.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by *angela;3515109;
    I think you'll be hard-pressed to find someone who disagrees with this assessment.
    It appears this was one of those practicalities of reality tv. Without discussing the book - the subject of the brief season - what other material does the cast have to recap at the finale?

Then why didn't her castmates simply admit it?

Likewise, why didn't Caroline, Dina, & Teresa follow Jacqueline's lead & discuss the book with Danielle, rather than gossip about it around town?

Again, IMHO it's a practicality of reality tv intended to create drama for ratings.

It was my understanding at the closing scene outside the restaurant she was discussing Teresa (whom she claimed told her that she was "lucky to be walking out of the restaurant" & she was venting/postering in response), not Caroline.

...which she couldn't express without uttering the f-word in front of her daughter. IMHO Dina has spent the entire season attempting to portray herself as charitable (yet I read her Ladybug charity doesn't have IRS non-profit status), a wonderful mother (yet she was unaware of the contents of her daughter's room & obviously emphasizes appearance & wealthy), happily married (despite admitting in her previous reality tv show appearance that her dh cheated multiple times before marriage & she married him anyway, other internet sources report they are/have been separated & he currently lives with a mistress in a condo across from the Brownstone), & a sought-after professional decorator (yet other internet sources claim she was a nail tech before seducing the salon owner, her daughter's father, & then moved with her daughter into Caroline's family's home where she was employed at the Brownstone - allegedly she doesn't have a degree/creditials in interior design). IMHO Dina's more delusional than Danielle; at least Danielle owns it!
    I would guess her castmates didn't admit it because they were too busy being defensive once Danielle started her attack. None of them has what I would call good discussion skills when it comes to disagreements.

Danielle doesn't own anything. I saw no shred of evidence all season that she takes responsibility for the messes she created, and she created one about every time she opened her mouth. Again, as the other poster said, they all have their problems, but I'd rather hang out with any one of them for a day than with Danielle for five minutes. I don't think Caroline, Dina, or Theresa were under any obligation to discuss the book with someone whom they considered barely an acquaintance. Jacqueline considered Danielle a friend, although why I don't know, but that's her problem. Plus, we really don't know the extent of their "gossip" around town, unless I missed the part where that was quantified. From what we were shown, they seemed to have kept it pretty much amongst themselves, and talked about it in the hair salon on an occasion. Imagine that ... gossiping in a hair salon. That never happens! Seriously, we don't know how much or what was said, and again I think they had a right to be concerned when it involved serious charges against someone who kept imposing herself into their midst.

Whether she was ranting against Theresa or Caroline (I believe it was to Caroline she was addressing the threat that she would show up at her door and not alone) at the end really doesn't matter -- it was equally vile and horrific to have that conversation with her daughters about anyone.
    Last edited by Lucky22; 06-21-2009 at 08:24 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3515179;
    I don't know any of these people and, since this is a realty show, I take most of it with a grain of salt.
    However, Danielle's relationship with her kids seems a bit off center, to say the least. Dina, on the other hand, seems to have a good relationship with her daughter.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Of all the things about Danielle that are problematic, in some ways her relationship with her kids is the closest to OK. She may be too open in some ways, but I think it is more of a mutual protection...the kids clearly love her and are well spoken and seem to have a rather good back and forth with her. That's not to say she's not guilty of some poor comments and poor choices around them, but they seem pretty nice kids. Of all the kids on the show, they come acoross the best. On the other hand, I personally find Dina and her daughter insufferable. The girl is a brat, she takes advantage of her mother, and all Dina talks about is how guilty she feels as a mother. The kid back talks and Dina, as is her wont, seems to pay her off with gifts etc instead of old fashioned parenting. I am not a fan of their relationship at all.

But I feel worst for that little girl of Teresa. I mean, to be pushed into the whole beauty pagent, modeling thing mostly for the benefit of mom, who is absolutely delusional about her kid when it comes to looks, talent, and all the rest. That kid will have esteem issues, mark my words.

This is JMHO but could we keep the kids looks out of this. To call someone else's child "fugly" is a little below the belt. Some "stars" were not exactly the best looking kids so you never know. Yes, I agree some of the kids behavior is not what I would put up with either.

FORT Regular

I would guess her castmates didn't admit it because they were too busy being defensive once Danielle started her attack.
    I didn't interpret Danielle's approach as an "attack." She plunked the book on the table (it was obvious 1) neither she nor her daughters brought the book according to the entrance footage; & 2) its contents would be the topic of discussion since it was the "theme" of the entire season), then admitted "two truths" before understanding her castmates' undoubted desire to protect their families until they had researched its contents. She clearly stated her purpose in discussing the book was to acknowledge the rumors swirling around town which hurt her & her children & to seek an apology from the person whom she had heard was the source of such rumors. The other castmates were instantly defensive, claiming innocence (yet acknowledging in their commentaries they had gleefully discussed the book with family & friends) & insisting on debating the merits of the book's accusations. None expressed outrage at Teresa's actions, rather justifying the cursing & table flipping as being Italian or from NJ!

None of them has what I would call good discussion skills when it comes to disagreements.
    Agreed. In fact, I would argue most are without basic social skills.

Danielle doesn't own anything.
    I completely disagree. She owns who she is, acknowledging that she seeks any attention, is appearance-conscious, on the search for a wealthy husband to support her & her daughters, etc.

I don't think Caroline, Dina, or Theresa were under any obligation to discuss the book with someone whom they considered barely an acquaintance.
    Then why allegedly gossip about it around town or agree to appear on a reality show & discuss the book on camera? Practically, they had a contractual obligation to discuss the book.

Plus, we really don't know the extent of their "gossip" around town, unless I missed the part where that was quantified.
    Well, their own admissions during commentary reveal they had discussed the book with family & friends. Further, Dina claims justified in gleefully revealing the negative allegations in Danielle's past due to supposed "lies" Danielle had told in town. Viewers were not privy to the content of such alleged "lies" or to the extent they were spread.

(I believe it was to Caroline she was addressing the threat that she would show up at her door and not alone)
    This comment was made during the conversation at the table, not in the closing scene outdoors.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf 5;3515254;
    This is JMHO but could we keep the kids looks out of this. To call someone else's child "fugly" is a little below the belt. Some "stars" were not exactly the best looking kids so you never know. Yes, I agree some of the kids behavior is not what I would put up with either.
    If you put your child front and center on a show, then I do not understand the problem in commenting on them as they are part of the cast. But I will say that as I read back, my choice of words was off, in that I do not think the child is necessarily the issue in that department, it is the way Teresa dresses her and the hair and the whole pageant look. Teresa is delusional about her child all around...a protypical stage mom. She turns a normal average child into something SHE thinks is attractive and talented to the detriment of the child. That was more my point, albeit lost in the shorthand. Those scenes with the photos and the trips to the agencies were sad.

I guess the more I think about it, what I reallly think is all the kids should not be part of these shows. I was not that into the OC group, but seem to recall that one dropped out when her son got into trouble. And the NY crew really keeps their kids out of it, save a few shopping trips. Never watched Atlanta. This NJ crew, the whole rotten bunch of them, put their kids front and center and smack in the middle of all the nonsense. Shame on each and every one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3515319;
    If you put your child front and center on a show, then I do not understand the problem in commenting on them as they are part of the cast. But I will say that as I read back, my choice of words was off, in that I do not think the child is necessarily the issue in that department, it is the way Teresa dresses her and the hair and the whole pageant look. Teresa is delusional about her child all around...a protypical stage mom. She turns a normal average child into something SHE thinks is attractive and talented to the detriment of the child. That was more my point, albeit lost in the shorthand. Those scenes with the photos and the trips to the agencies were sad.

I guess the more I think about it, what I reallly think is all the kids should not be part of these shows. I was not that into the OC group, but seem to recall that one dropped out when her son got into trouble. And the NY crew really keeps their kids out of it, save a few shopping trips. Never watched Atlanta. This NJ crew, the whole rotten bunch of them, put their kids front and center and smack in the middle of all the nonsense. Shame on each and every one of them.
    I agree with keeping them out of the shows altogether. I don't have a problem with anyone commenting on the parents behavior or even the kids behavior as far as that goes. It was just calling the child a name that was a little off for me. I think that as most of us are adults on here we can comment on things without calling kids names. As I stated before this is all just JMHO. I may just be too sensitive to that sort of thing. I work in a school and we stress to the children not to call names and have them instead comment on the behavior that bothers them. I'm sorry if I offended anyone with this.

Just watched the video of Dina's wedding and loved the glimpses of Lexi at a younger age.

I don't think any of these women would win any awards for elegance and class, but I still believe that Danielle is the bottom of the barrel. She absolutely delights in drama, and if she's not the center of attention she quickly makes herself the center or she leaves. Her idea of a discussion is her talking and the audience listening (and giving the obligatory nod or "yes, you're right") Also, Bravo may have provided the book, but her face showed all kinds of delight in destroying a fun time for everyone else. And not sending her kids out (I don't care if they didn't want to go, they don't get to make that decision yet) with the others was wrong. Who cares what kind of relationship you think you have with your girls ... they are still girls. I have teenage girls and there is no way they'd stay for something like that.

Ready for the Finale, part 1 !!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread