+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2848Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

  1. #6481
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    423

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Poppy . . .

    Oh, sure, the past two seasons Teresa has taken the crown as the new Danielle. DEFINITELY. However, my view is that if you choose to take on the role of the villain, then with that comes the downside of assuming that role. Which is that people are going to hate you, talk about you, call you every name in the book but a child of God, and so on and so forth.

    But, then again, TERESA SIGNED UP TO TAKE THAT HEAT. And since she did, then I don't logically see how she can run around bleating that people are bashing or "attacking" you when they call you out on your questionable --- at best --- words and/or actions that directly involve THEM. Like she always does when things aren't going her way.

    I mean, if you can't stand the heat, then you need to stay out of the kitchen.

    When Teresa chose to flip that table, she also chose to flip herself straight into the middle of RHONJ controversy. I wasn't there, but after that table went flying, AND Andy, at their second Reunion Special (courtesy of Teresa of course!), I'm willing to BET TPTB called Teresa and told/asked her to move into the point position of crap-stirrer-in-residence, because Danielle was out.

    Sure, there are times she's clearly been wronged and I've stuck up for her in those instances. But I'm not sitting with a box of Kleenex crying over her being bashed by pretty much everybody on the show and in the free world, now, either.

    She CHOSE the spot she's sitting in.

    As for Melissa . . .

    SURE she came on the show to promote her "singing" career. Shoot, she was even angling to get on the show BEFORE Danielle ever left. Remember when Teresa confronted her in the bar this season about where in the world Danielle had gotten information about Teresa's family, when Teresa KNEW that she herself had never said anything to her about her family? And Melissa admitted that she HAD been feeding info to Danielle about Teresa?

    I gave Melissa credit for owning up to doing that dirt then, to Teresa's face when Teresa called her out on it, and I give her credit again, now, for that.

    And I would lay money on the probability that after that second Reunion show, Melissa got a confidential call from TPTB inviting her on for Season 3, because they KNEW Teresa would go ape over that. And they needed to have a catalyst for their villain to perform her villainous acts.

    So, enter the Gorgas and Wakiles. And then, of course, the villain does what villains would do in such a situation: She goes around bashing the Gs and Ws to her friends, because she's pissed that THEY WERE COMING ONTO THE SHOW AND NOBODY TOLD HER ABOUT THAT. Then, her friends begin to see that the Gs and Ws DON'T have two heads each, like Teresa'd been telling them, so they feel perfectly free to go ahead and befriend them. Which sets the Season 3/4 villain off even more, because her friends didn't take her word as gospel and chose to go ahead and mingle with the (in her eyes) interlopers, anyway. Then actually wind up liking and befriending them.

    Oh, and about Melissa probably never having set foot in a classroom as a teacher? Probably true. And all fine by me, as I don't know that I'd want a wench teaching any child of mine, anyway.

    Allegations of Melissa AND Jac stripping?

    Please.

    If they WERE strippers, fine. If NOT, STILL fine.

    The Gorgas may very well HAVE more skeletons rattling around in their closet than the Giudices. OK. I'm just waiting. Because IF they do, as surely as the sun rises in the East, they will ALL come tumbling out, sooner, or later. And if Melissa's Joe HAS done something to earn his father's disdain and disrespect --- forget about Teresa putting wood on THAT particular fire --- we'll see those bones, too.

    Kathy? Sure, she more than likely came on the show to be a constant thorn in Teresa's side. And she HAS been. Pretty much just by doing nothing more than showing up and breathing. And now she's got cannoli kits coming out around the end of the year. Does that REALLY surprise anybody? If it does, then we're not as sharp as I was thinking we might all be. She LOVES the money and attention that're coming her way. And, like Teresa and her cookbooks, booze, etc., I know those cannoli of Kathy's wouldn't be coming onto the market later on this year WITHOUT her RHONJ connections.

    So, absolutely, Kathy and Melissa have their own drums to bang, here. So does Chris, with his blk water. So do the Manzo boys, with blk water, and whatever else. So do the senior Manzos, with free advertising for The Brownstone, Caroline's radio appearances, and whatever else she tried that didn't set the world on fire. Teresa with her cookbooks, etc., Lauren with Cafface, Melissa and her "singing", and so on. Far as I can tell, there's pretty much not a ONE of 'em that's not marching along in the percussion section of the RHONJ marching band with a smile on their face, and money falling out of their back pockets.

    And ALL of 'em signed on the dotted line and sold themselves out.

    And Teresa is the ONLY one who opened herself up to whatever mud is being flung her way --- or BASHING --- by whoever it's being flung by, or whatever the bashing happens to be and wherever it happens to be coming from. Cast members, us, interviewers, whatever.

    JMHO.
    Tre bashed her cousin and brother's wife for years before they came on the show. She has tried turning her parents away from both Mel AND Joe, because her little hubby has a thing against Jogo. This all came out on the first night of the show when the Gorgas and Wahkies (sp) stepped foot on the show. So I'm sure when this family rift was discovered by Bravo.... it was them that came up with the idea of bringing these new people on to yes, surprise Tre AND to allow them to come forward with THEIR version of their family rift.... and YES to bug the hell out of Tre. Personally, I'm glad they did.

  2. #6482
    FORT Fogey MsDiva2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Del Mar, California
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,653

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Really? Don't remember Tre mentioning the creatures Gorga before they came on the show. what I do remember is Melissa saying she wasn't invited to some party at Tre's house. I also recalled lmao as Bravo had footage of Meliss & Joe at the party in the background. So no not buying all the Tre is bashing poor little untalented Melissa.

    Bravo is already spinning this with producers taking to twitter saying Tre had nothing to do with setting anyone up. I am so going to love seeing all the fallout once it is confirmed everyone but Tre knew what the deal was.
    Punkin likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  3. #6483
    Bloomin' FoRT Fanatic! ness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roseland!
    Posts
    10,148

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    Well said. I think Tre brings 99% of it on herself. Her family came on "her" show and is using it as Tre does to further whatever industry they are interested in.

    I feel for her about Joe's flaunting his disrespect of her to the world.

    None of these ladies are above it all.
    No, none of them are.

    And how that clown treats Teresa, she lets him get away with it, then says he made up for it with diamonds (in that particular case, the "it" refers to the evil names he called her in the Napa vineyard, which were recorded and he denied until she played the scene back for him)?

    He can get away with how he treats her because she doesn't like herself, has NO self-respect, and feels that her only worth is measured in material things (in that case, diamonds).

    SMH.
    Punkin and OceanView like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

  4. #6484
    Bloomin' FoRT Fanatic! ness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roseland!
    Posts
    10,148

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by scootad View Post
    I see absolutely nothing wrong with any of these people trying to cash in on their B or C list celebrity status by selling books, pastries, etc. It's been done before and will continue to be done. Not that I'd ever want to appear on reality TV and have my privacy ripped away from me, but if I did I sure as hell would want something good at least financially to come of it.
    ABSOLUTELY agreed, scoot!

    In a comparable, parallel situation . . .

    Even if you're in a "regular", "real-life"" job, who in their right mind would consistently work overtime on that job WITHOUT ever getting PAID overtime for doing so?

    Can't say I blame ANY of 'em for trying to make hay while the sun shines.

    Because I SURE would be doing it, too!
    Punkin and OceanView like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

  5. #6485
    Bloomin' FoRT Fanatic! ness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roseland!
    Posts
    10,148

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post
    I totally don't get it either. From what I see.... Tre has reason to be jealous of the others. She has a crappy marriage, unlike all the others. Her kids aren't particularly cute, as the others. Her kids act up terribly, unlike the others. Melissa beats her in the looks dept (IMO) and body. There is absolutely nothing that I can pinpoint as to why anyone would be jealous of this troll.
    Ain't THAT the livin' truth?
    OceanView likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

  6. #6486
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    I don't think Melissa beats Tre in the looks department...they both have great bodies but they each have a quirkiness also.
    I think I can understand a little if Teresa got her nose out of joint when her sister-in-law also got herself on the show. Tre has a little taste of stardom and then in waltzes someone where there are hints of bad blood.

    Not sure that Teresa stayed having a good time at the party after everything "went down." It could very well have been editing. It's hard to tell with these conniving people and that includes TPTB and the "stars."

    Teresa did nothing wrong here....unusual for her but I really think she's innocent of the supposed "sin" she committed.. I'm still wondering exactly what the whole thing was all about. Reminds me too much of The Emperor Has No Clothes.

    Also, I'd like to add that it's easy to say that there is nothing wrong with someone having been a stripper, or "So what?" but I disagree.
    We shouldn't dislike someone because of that but we are still a civilization that most think it's sleazy and jokes will always be made about it. Many would feel it was a lack of morals or values and comparable to trailer trash. It will most likely be something that people will judge her negatively.

    I have mixed feelings about it but I do wish women didn't feel they had to do this kind of job, mostly because I see so many men loving this ( & other things) but then degrading a woman for it.
    Punkin and sparklete like this.

  7. #6487
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,310

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Exactly....strippers are there because MEN are willing to pay A LOT for the performances, and then women get called down for it. It's all about supply and demand, which is why prostitution has ALWAYS prevailed. Some women would be foolish to ignore that huge source of income. "There, but for the grace of God,........."
    Punkin, ness and OceanView like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  8. #6488
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    423

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I don't think Melissa beats Tre in the looks department...they both have great bodies but they each have a quirkiness also.
    I think I can understand a little if Teresa got her nose out of joint when her sister-in-law also got herself on the show. Tre has a little taste of stardom and then in waltzes someone where there are hints of bad blood.

    Not sure that Teresa stayed having a good time at the party after everything "went down." It could very well have been editing. It's hard to tell with these conniving people and that includes TPTB and the "stars."

    Teresa did nothing wrong here....unusual for her but I really think she's innocent of the supposed "sin" she committed.. I'm still wondering exactly what the whole thing was all about. Reminds me too much of The Emperor Has No Clothes.

    Also, I'd like to add that it's easy to say that there is nothing wrong with someone having been a stripper, or "So what?" but I disagree.
    We shouldn't dislike someone because of that but we are still a civilization that most think it's sleazy and jokes will always be made about it. Many would feel it was a lack of morals or values and comparable to trailer trash. It will most likely be something that people will judge her negatively.

    I have mixed feelings about it but I do wish women didn't feel they had to do this kind of job, mostly because I see so many men loving this ( & other things) but then degrading a woman for it.
    Yeah, with editing we never know. However, I did read that she stayed inside at the event..... and she is still friends with Kim, which is the most telling to me. If I thought my friend had anything to do with a setup of my brother's wife, I would never remain friends. (And if I wasn't sure at the moment if she had anything to do with a setup I would have left with my family.) Plus, we all saw Mel/Joe leave Napa out of respect the night of Tre/Caroline's fight.... but I sure didn't see Tre telling off Kim and leaving with her family.

  9. #6489
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    423

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Exactly....strippers are there because MEN are willing to pay A LOT for the performances, and then women get called down for it. It's all about supply and demand, which is why prostitution has ALWAYS prevailed. Some women would be foolish to ignore that huge source of income. "There, but for the grace of God,........."
    Agree. Plus, even if Mel was a stripper, I think Mel's point is.... why would her own sister-in-law bring it up after all these years, and now that she has children? For that, I agree with Mel.... stripper or not.... Tre should shut her mouth.

  10. #6490
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    423

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Really? Don't remember Tre mentioning the creatures Gorga before they came on the show. what I do remember is Melissa saying she wasn't invited to some party at Tre's house. I also recalled lmao as Bravo had footage of Meliss & Joe at the party in the background. So no not buying all the Tre is bashing poor little untalented Melissa.

    Bravo is already spinning this with producers taking to twitter saying Tre had nothing to do with setting anyone up. I am so going to love seeing all the fallout once it is confirmed everyone but Tre knew what the deal was.
    At the very beginning, when Caroline and Jax met the "horrible people"... Kathy/Melissa.... they spoke about how shocked they were in how nice they were.... after hearing nothing but awful things about both of them.... for years. Now if you think this was a master plan to discredit Tre, maybe so, but I just don't think so. Other people like Kim, have talked about Mel being a stripper and having skeltons in her closet.... well maybe she has.... but that gives no reason for a sister-in-law to shout it to the world. To me, it's far behind whether Mel was a stripper, it's why would your brother's sister take pleasure in telling everyone? To make herself look better? And why would Tre make fun of her own cousin while at one of her cousin's parties? That was clearly shown at the beginning as well. Also, during the first part of the show at Mel/Joe's baby's christening, you see Joe tearfully yelling at his father..... it was really a sad scene.... in why his father treated him the way he did (not exact words by any means) and then we learned how Juicy created rift between Joe gorga and his fathers relationship. Again, maybe all a master plan..... but those were real trears when Joe Gorga was talking to his father.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.