+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2786Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Regular

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post

Or a producer?

Or ANOTHER member of the production staff?

Inquiring FoRTERS want to know!

PLEASE be so kind as to fill us in!!!!!

I personally don’t know anyone on the show or in production. I have friends that live in the neighborhood and know them all, some personally and some professionally as well. I only know what I hear from them, and try to remember, which is challenging for me as my memory ain’t what it use to be. They all knew about this set up last year, and know all the two bit players involved, those that took to twitter last year to out Mel, bravo and the set up. I don’t twitter and can’t recall all the names other than the one that sounds familiar, johnny or jimmy the greek…? Apparently there was much outrage about the campaign against Tre last year, and a very public war started that has continued since then. Everyone there seems to know all about it, or someone involved. There are some websites that have it TOO right, and they are trying to figure out who is leaking the info …. Apparently telling the truth is considered by some the same as being a “rat”.

You’d be surprised how this drama has escalated there. I for one couldn’t live in such a bubble, it’s like Peyton Place! Anyway, I actively stopped watching when they added the Gorgas. I heard about the set up last year, but it didn’t have much meaning for me, and didn’t sound that bad really, just more inbred fighting. I’ve only seen the past few episodes, upon being prompted and so I could participate in all the gossip with my friends, AND THAT has been my downfall recently!!!

While visiting, I have never sought out any of them, or intentionally tried to run into them. Heck, the closest I’ve been was dining at the Highlawn Pavilion, where Danielle filmed a scene, driving by Posche store, which is very non impressive, and seeing some of their homes while driving through the neighborhood.

They all KNOW that Mel was not just a “stripper” but a “Gold digging stripper” that was looking for a rich spouse, and state it’s common knowledge there, so they can’t understand why the big cover-up??? They also state “notice how everyone that knows Mel doesn’t defend her NOT being a stripper or adamantly denies it, but simply states “I don’t care if she was, she’s a wife and mother now”… It’s known that Mel is VERY jealous of Tre and would give anything to have what she has built for herself, not just being the “wife” of someone wealthy. They claim that it’s ALWAYS been that way, from the beginning. Always talking bad about Tre, always copying her, or trying to steal her ideas (mainly house décor and design stuff), or get one up on her. She would do ANYTHING to steal Tre’s “thunder” and put her under at the same time.

They don’t talk much about Jac, because they claim she really is an airhead and they feel sorry for her as her child has autism. She’s def a follower and they claim she’s been brainwashed by Caroline. They also claim that the child issue caused Jac to be jealous of Tre, since they were preggers at or around the same time, but Tre’s baby was healthy. As for Caroline, she is hated, known as a mean bully, a know it all, who tells everyone how to do everything. Which is one of the reasons Dina stays away from her, that and the legal battle that she had, which Caroline didn’t support. They also claim that the Walkies aren’t what they appear to be, and that Kathy has changed the most. She is now as money hungry as Mel is fame hungry. She’s never had the wealth of Tre and Mel, but now that she has a taste of the good life, she is going after the big $$ and will be hawking her “cannoli kit” on HSN or QVC ( one of the home shopping shows) around the holidays this year, I believe. I will NOT be buying any! Both are jealous that “fame and wealth” is coming so easy to Tre.

Anyway, I may hear more when I visit in October. Hopefully though, we will be too busy shopping, dining and drinking instead!
    Punkin, MsDiva2007, Kiz and 1 others like this.

Yes this whole thing stinks to high heaven. The truth is getting out and it's going to leave skid marks all over Bravo & the Gorga's. I am going to sit back with some popcorn and watch the fallout. The fired producer is the key here.
    Punkin, Kiz, sparklete and 1 others like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I think that this season as well as the past season has been all about Tre bashing. She's the new Danielle. It's actually forumulaic for Bravo.

My intuition tells me that Melissa probably was a stripper, or an exotic dancer. She has the body for it, and I think we all know that takes a LOT of work. Hats off to her, I have no problem with it. I doubt her husband has any problem with it, either. I also suspect that with a BA in education she has never taught one day of school, in a real job. I kind of doubt that she could pass the drug tests for a teaching job or, possibly, the background checks. I think she's on that show to promote a singing career and I feel sorry for her. Her singing voice is pathectic for anything but open mic night at a karioke bar.

I think Joe Gorga's parents do care, though. I cannot begin to grasp what could make Joe Gorga's dad so completely upset with him all of the time. If you're an Italian (that is, from Italy) your sons are gods. Nothing that Teresa or her husband could whisper in his ear could malign his son to him. That bespeaks a world to me. Maybe they just can't stand Melissa. I know from what I've read elsewehere his parents were never accomodating to his "fiancees." Maybe that's because they were all of the same ilk. But I think he must have failed them in other ways, as well.

I think the Gorgas have a lot more skeletons in their closets than the Giudices. The Wakiles may have zero - but it was not until recently that we heard Kathy still works as a hairdresser. She, like Melissa, has a yarn to spin and a prospective career to promote. They cannot have the spotlight without trashing the Giudices (particularly Teresa), a skill they've refined to subtle perfection. I think Kathy's baking skills are excellent but there's nothing new or creative about them. Her recipes are not her own creations and she doesn't make that claim. She's just out to sell them with a Bravo backed career launch.

Kathy and Melissa have their own drums to bang. Bashing Teresa is a necessary part of that - they would not be on this show without agreeing to do that.

JMO.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

what I am confused about is what exactly it is that Teresa has that Melissa is supposed to be so jealous of?
    alizarules and OceanView like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    what I am confused about is what exactly it is that Teresa has that Melissa is supposed to be so jealous of?
    The love of Joe's parents. Melissa will never truly be family in her mind without the adoration of her husbands parents. It ain't happening.
    Punkin and beachbumz like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I think that this season as well as the past season has been all about Tre bashing. She's the new Danielle. It's actually forumulaic for Bravo.

My intuition tells me that Melissa probably was a stripper, or an exotic dancer. She has the body for it, and I think we all know that takes a LOT of work. Hats off to her, I have no problem with it. I doubt her husband has any problem with it, either. I also suspect that with a BA in education she has never taught one day of school, in a real job. I kind of doubt that she could pass the drug tests for a teaching job or, possibly, the background checks. I think she's on that show to promote a singing career and I feel sorry for her. Her singing voice is pathectic for anything but open mic night at a karioke bar.

I think Joe Gorga's parents do care, though. I cannot begin to grasp what could make Joe Gorga's dad so completely upset with him all of the time. If you're an Italian (that is, from Italy) your sons are gods. Nothing that Teresa or her husband could whisper in his ear could malign his son to him. That bespeaks a world to me. Maybe they just can't stand Melissa. I know from what I've read elsewehere his parents were never accomodating to his "fiancees." Maybe that's because they were all of the same ilk. But I think he must have failed them in other ways, as well.

I think the Gorgas have a lot more skeletons in their closets than the Giudices. The Wakiles may have zero - but it was not until recently that we heard Kathy still works as a hairdresser. She, like Melissa, has a yarn to spin and a prospective career to promote. They cannot have the spotlight without trashing the Giudices (particularly Teresa), a skill they've refined to subtle perfection. I think Kathy's baking skills are excellent but there's nothing new or creative about them. Her recipes are not her own creations and she doesn't make that claim. She's just out to sell them with a Bravo backed career launch.

Kathy and Melissa have their own drums to bang. Bashing Teresa is a necessary part of that - they would not be on this show without agreeing to do that.

JMO.
    Poppy . . .

Oh, sure, the past two seasons Teresa has taken the crown as the new Danielle. DEFINITELY. However, my view is that if you choose to take on the role of the villain, then with that comes the downside of assuming that role. Which is that people are going to hate you, talk about you, call you every name in the book but a child of God, and so on and so forth.

But, then again, TERESA SIGNED UP TO TAKE THAT HEAT. And since she did, then I don't logically see how she can run around bleating that people are bashing or "attacking" you when they call you out on your questionable --- at best --- words and/or actions that directly involve THEM. Like she always does when things aren't going her way.

I mean, if you can't stand the heat, then you need to stay out of the kitchen.

When Teresa chose to flip that table, she also chose to flip herself straight into the middle of RHONJ controversy. I wasn't there, but after that table went flying, AND Andy, at their second Reunion Special (courtesy of Teresa of course!), I'm willing to BET TPTB called Teresa and told/asked her to move into the point position of crap-stirrer-in-residence, because Danielle was out.

Sure, there are times she's clearly been wronged and I've stuck up for her in those instances. But I'm not sitting with a box of Kleenex crying over her being bashed by pretty much everybody on the show and in the free world, now, either.

She CHOSE the spot she's sitting in.

As for Melissa . . .

SURE she came on the show to promote her "singing" career. Shoot, she was even angling to get on the show BEFORE Danielle ever left. Remember when Teresa confronted her in the bar this season about where in the world Danielle had gotten information about Teresa's family, when Teresa KNEW that she herself had never said anything to her about her family? And Melissa admitted that she HAD been feeding info to Danielle about Teresa?

I gave Melissa credit for owning up to doing that dirt then, to Teresa's face when Teresa called her out on it, and I give her credit again, now, for that.

And I would lay money on the probability that after that second Reunion show, Melissa got a confidential call from TPTB inviting her on for Season 3, because they KNEW Teresa would go ape over that. And they needed to have a catalyst for their villain to perform her villainous acts.

So, enter the Gorgas and Wakiles. And then, of course, the villain does what villains would do in such a situation: She goes around bashing the Gs and Ws to her friends, because she's pissed that THEY WERE COMING ONTO THE SHOW AND NOBODY TOLD HER ABOUT THAT. Then, her friends begin to see that the Gs and Ws DON'T have two heads each, like Teresa'd been telling them, so they feel perfectly free to go ahead and befriend them. Which sets the Season 3/4 villain off even more, because her friends didn't take her word as gospel and chose to go ahead and mingle with the (in her eyes) interlopers, anyway. Then actually wind up liking and befriending them.

Oh, and about Melissa probably never having set foot in a classroom as a teacher? Probably true. And all fine by me, as I don't know that I'd want a wench teaching any child of mine, anyway.

Allegations of Melissa AND Jac stripping?

Please.

If they WERE strippers, fine. If NOT, STILL fine.

The Gorgas may very well HAVE more skeletons rattling around in their closet than the Giudices. OK. I'm just waiting. Because IF they do, as surely as the sun rises in the East, they will ALL come tumbling out, sooner, or later. And if Melissa's Joe HAS done something to earn his father's disdain and disrespect --- forget about Teresa putting wood on THAT particular fire --- we'll see those bones, too.

Kathy? Sure, she more than likely came on the show to be a constant thorn in Teresa's side. And she HAS been. Pretty much just by doing nothing more than showing up and breathing. And now she's got cannoli kits coming out around the end of the year. Does that REALLY surprise anybody? If it does, then we're not as sharp as I was thinking we might all be. She LOVES the money and attention that're coming her way. And, like Teresa and her cookbooks, booze, etc., I know those cannoli of Kathy's wouldn't be coming onto the market later on this year WITHOUT her RHONJ connections.

So, absolutely, Kathy and Melissa have their own drums to bang, here. So does Chris, with his blk water. So do the Manzo boys, with blk water, and whatever else. So do the senior Manzos, with free advertising for The Brownstone, Caroline's radio appearances, and whatever else she tried that didn't set the world on fire. Teresa with her cookbooks, etc., Lauren with Cafface, Melissa and her "singing", and so on. Far as I can tell, there's pretty much not a ONE of 'em that's not marching along in the percussion section of the RHONJ marching band with a smile on their face, and money falling out of their back pockets.

And ALL of 'em signed on the dotted line and sold themselves out.

And Teresa is the ONLY one who opened herself up to whatever mud is being flung her way --- or BASHING --- by whoever it's being flung by, or whatever the bashing happens to be and wherever it happens to be coming from. Cast members, us, interviewers, whatever.

JMHO.
    Last edited by ness; 09-28-2012 at 09:27 PM.
    Punkin, mom2 and Poppy Fields like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Well said. I think Tre brings 99% of it on herself. Her family came on "her" show and is using it as Tre does to further whatever industry they are interested in.

I feel for her about Joe's flaunting his disrespect of her to the world.

None of these ladies are above it all.
    Punkin and ness like this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    I totally don't get it either. From what I see.... Tre has reason to be jealous of the others. She has a crappy marriage, unlike all the others. Her kids aren't particularly cute, as the others. Her kids act up terribly, unlike the others. Melissa beats her in the looks dept (IMO) and body. There is absolutely nothing that I can pinpoint as to why anyone would be jealous of this troll.
    Imperfect1 and elleprn like this.

FORT Regular

I see absolutely nothing wrong with any of these people trying to cash in on their B or C list celebrity status by selling books, pastries, etc. It's been done before and will continue to be done. Not that I'd ever want to appear on reality TV and have my privacy ripped away from me, but if I did I sure as hell would want something good at least financially to come of it.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

FORT Fanatic

During the Caroline and Tre fight at the end of the Napa trip.... I saw Mego and Jogo leave along with Tre/Joe to show respect and support. However, after baldy approached Mego at the fashion show, and after tre and Mego had the conversation in the bathroom, I sure didn't see Tre leave the event in support of her upset sister-in-law. Just the opposite, she remained behind, laughing and having fun.... AND to this day has remained friends with Kim..... who supposedly set Mego up alone (not that I believe that, Tre was involved). If Tre truly wanted to support her family, she sure wouldn't have stayed friends with Kim, nor stayed at the event.
    mom2 and Imperfect1 like this.

+ Reply to Thread