+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2717Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

I predict that in time, before it becomes no longer interesting....there will be more that will come out about this Great Hoax.
    Melissa and Joe are becoming more and more scummy....and I think the real facts about their past/present will come out....the truth usually does.
    I don't think most of us really care, in the whole grand scheme of things in life, except I know that I'm bothered that Bravo pulled such a lousy stunt.
    It's one thing to kinda script things to get the most drama but, at least, give us a good story without such huge gaping holes that most of us can see right thru.
    We are a lot smarter than they think we are.
    Give us a real challenge next time...we saw right thru this one. Hire better, more talented writers/creative staff and we'll keep watching.
    Punkin, Kiz and beachbumz like this.

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

Is it true Teresa is going to be back on Anderson Live today? He was really awful to her yesterday.

FORT Regular

Mel "called" her hubby waay before the bathroom scene, that part was for cameras only. She had previously texted Joe gorilla to come there after seeing baldy, who tried to approach her table w/out the producers knowledge and prior to his "scene", but was turned away by security once they caught his moving that way. She knew at that point that something was going down...the producers approve all attendees, even if it's a list of unknowns. She may have also recognized that he was mic'd, which would further confirm that something really big was going down, the show doesn't give mic's to just anyone. And, how would Gorilla boy get there so quick, and have Richie there, and why in the heck was the other cousin, Roseann there? These folks all live in Jersey, and not in Newark. To get to NY via the NJ turnpike takes at least an hour with all the tolls and traffic, and that's if traffic is moving.

Plus, you know whomever was texting Jaq and the others at the table had to be someone whom 1)they knew well, 2) they trusted and respected, and 3) had established credibility and and relationship with. Otherwise, when they saw that text to Jaq from a mutual friend...they would have been like "what does she know, she isn't even on the show", or "who cares what she says, she isn't in the inner circle"....something like that.

Instead that text, (or texts -as it's reported that all at the table EXCEPT for Tre were getting texts from the production staff that something was going down and Mel was the target), was taken as the gospel. Also it had to be someone with whom Joe Gorilla knew and trusted, as he took that text as gospel too, which he wouldn't have done if he didn't know this person, and this person didn't have significant credibility. Also notice how Jaq never named her "source", just a "mutual friend".... and even if she did slip up with identifying the source, the producers just would have cut that in editing.

Also, all the women were invited to the Salon for hair/makeup etc, prior to the show. Whether Mel decided not to attend that because of Kim D or whether she had inside directives to reject, I don't know, but it was definitely set up to make sure Tre was the only one who attended, so the set up scene could be filmed and the stage set for later scripted fireworks. Otherwise, the Fashion show would have been a big flop and the main scene would have gone down at the Salon earlier that day.

Everyone complains that Tre should have warned Mel as soon as she left the salon, but with her history with Mel and Gorilla, who would do that? She previously told Gorilla that she heard a rumor that Melissa was a gold digger and would leave if she found someone with more money...something like that. And look how that turned out, instead of him thanking her for telling him what she heard and what was circulating, he accused her of saying it and trying to wreck his marriage.

There are MANY discrepantcies, and as DL said here, come up with something better, cause so many see through all this. They thought if they went with a clever lie they could get away with it, and they almost did.

The most clever lie is one that most resembles the truth.... except it's still a lie. That kind a crap is way too devious and deceptive to watch, let alone be called reality tv.

Quote Originally Posted by JORY'sMom View Post
    Is it true Teresa is going to be back on Anderson Live today? He was really awful to her yesterday.
    Yes he received so many email complaining he has invited her back today.
    Punkin likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

You asked why Teresa would warn Melissa beforehand...my question why WOULDN'T she? Given the fact that they appeared to be on the road to repairing their relationship, given to the fact that Melissa is her own mother's daughter-in-law & the basic fact that it would be the right thing to do. DUH! How dare a family member NOT warn you of something possibly going down???

So if all of the other cast members were also made aware if this why didn't they warn Melissa?

OVER THIS!
    Punkin, ness and lilcountriegal like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by thatblonde View Post
    Mel "called" her hubby waay before the bathroom scene, that part was for cameras only. She had previously texted Joe gorilla to come there after seeing baldy, who tried to approach her table w/out the producers knowledge and prior to his "scene", but was turned away by security once they caught his moving that way. She knew at that point that something was going down...the producers approve all attendees, even if it's a list of unknowns. She may have also recognized that he was mic'd, which would further confirm that something really big was going down, the show doesn't give mic's to just anyone. And, how would Gorilla boy get there so quick, and have Richie there, and why in the heck was the other cousin, Roseann there? These folks all live in Jersey, and not in Newark. To get to NY via the NJ turnpike takes at least an hour with all the tolls and traffic, and that's if traffic is moving.

Plus, you know whomever was texting Jaq and the others at the table had to be someone whom 1)they knew well, 2) they trusted and respected, and 3) had established credibility and and relationship with. Otherwise, when they saw that text to Jaq from a mutual friend...they would have been like "what does she know, she isn't even on the show", or "who cares what she says, she isn't in the inner circle"....something like that.

Instead that text, (or texts -as it's reported that all at the table EXCEPT for Tre were getting texts from the production staff that something was going down and Mel was the target), was taken as the gospel. Also it had to be someone with whom Joe Gorilla knew and trusted, as he took that text as gospel too, which he wouldn't have done if he didn't know this person, and this person didn't have significant credibility. Also notice how Jaq never named her "source", just a "mutual friend".... and even if she did slip up with identifying the source, the producers just would have cut that in editing.

Also, all the women were invited to the Salon for hair/makeup etc, prior to the show. Whether Mel decided not to attend that because of Kim D or whether she had inside directives to reject, I don't know, but it was definitely set up to make sure Tre was the only one who attended, so the set up scene could be filmed and the stage set for later scripted fireworks. Otherwise, the Fashion show would have been a big flop and the main scene would have gone down at the Salon earlier that day.

Everyone complains that Tre should have warned Mel as soon as she left the salon, but with her history with Mel and Gorilla, who would do that? She previously told Gorilla that she heard a rumor that Melissa was a gold digger and would leave if she found someone with more money...something like that. And look how that turned out, instead of him thanking her for telling him what she heard and what was circulating, he accused her of saying it and trying to wreck his marriage.

There are MANY discrepantcies, and as DL said here, come up with something better, cause so many see through all this. They thought if they went with a clever lie they could get away with it, and they almost did.

The most clever lie is one that most resembles the truth.... except it's still a lie. That kind a crap is way too devious and deceptive to watch, let alone be called reality tv.
    How do you know all this? Do you know someone on the cast?
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    How do you know all this? Do you know someone on the cast?

Or a producer?

Or ANOTHER member of the production staff?

Inquiring FoRTERS want to know!

PLEASE be so kind as to fill us in!!!!!

Punkin likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Melissa joined the show with intentions of gaining some of the limelight Tre has. So Melissa should have learned that people who live in glass houses should not throw stones. The glass is shattering in their famewhoring faces and I for one could care less about her and that sad excuse for a man she has.

The notion that Tre is so completely ignorant, yet has enough sense to set up someone as supposedly bright as Melissa is laughable. I like Tre but omg she has a hard time reasoning out small things. Please Bravo,the fired producer and the less than popular cast members have the stench of this coming out their collective pores!

I love how Tre gets blamed for everything under the sun and yet clan Manzo can't seem to get called on any of their nonsense. There are a lot of sleuths out there about to bust this so called setup right out from under Bravos behind.
    Thoughts and observations . . .

So . . . Melissa joined the show with the intentions of getting some of the limelight Tre has, huh?

AND?

One COULD make the argument that Teresa was trying to steal some of Danielle's limelight when she behaved like an animal and flipped that table in a restaurant like she'd lost her mind, too.

Besides, I've said it before and I think it bears repeating, now: If Teresa wasn't so insecure, scared and living in fear of trying to be the main Jersey "star" (and not giving a damn HOW she attains that spot), she wouldn't give a flat flying happy rip if the Gorgas, the Wakiles and the Virgin Mary got cast to be on the show. Oh, excuse me . . . I DO have to acknowledge that part of the reason she probably acts a total fool ESPECIALLY this season AND last might have SOMETHING --- just a LITTLE --- to do with the fact that her alcoholic, cheating, verbally abusive (to her AND their children) Juicy could very well wind up cooling his heels in the slammer somewhere. Which would pretty effectively leave her as the only person who'd be consistently looking after and providing for their girls.

So, from the standpoint of glass houses and throwing stones, methinks Teresa MIGHT want and NEED to take a look in the mirror.

Famewhores? OK. Again, to reiterate what I feel is a reasonable observation: If YOU'RE not trying to push YOURSELF into the realm of famewhore, what in the name of time are you doing flipping a table, on camera, for all the country and world to see? Or coming on to your dolt of a husband in a vineyard, wearing a mic, with rolling cameras present?

Hey, takes one to know one.

You don't have to be a Rhodes scholar to have enough brain matter to set somebody up for a fall. Your own bitterness will drive you to do it. But, like my grandma used to say: Be REAL careful. When you start to dig a ditch for somebody to fall into, better dig TWO of em. One for them, and one for YOU when you fall right BEHIND 'em.

When Melissa pulled that phone out of her handbag to call Joe in the bathroom, I howled. Why? Because Teresa had JUST FALLEN INTO THE DITCH SHE'D DUG FOR HERSELF.

A hard time reasoning things out?

Oh, YEAH.

If we sat here and tried to count the ways over the seasons that Teresa's shown she has a hard time reasoning out stuff that Stevie Wonder, Ronnie Milsap and Jose Feliciano could have seen and figured out, not only would we need to pack a lunch, we'd better have dinner money on hand, too, 'cause that's about how long it'd take to count all those ways up, I bet.

Sure, Teresa gets blamed for everything under the sun. Why? Because 99.9% of the time, she's the one that's throwing a lighted match into a pool of kerosene to try to steamroll whoever she believes is in her path to getting whatever it is that she wants. She'll change her tactics and stories like nice folk change their underwear when it appears as though she can't dominate, out-shout, outmaneuver or name-call into submission whoever it is that she's getting into it with. She'll try to manipulate people into doing her dirty work FOR her, then get alley if they can't or don't, and she has to handle things herself.

And if none of the above works, she'll turn tail and run like a 4th-grade schoolyard bully who's just realized that the kid they've beaten up for a month has finally picked up a rock, let loose a primal war cry, and is coming after THEM full bore because they've FINALLY gotten tired of getting their ass beat for no reason. She'll cry and whine and moan and complain that THEY attacked HER, either WHILE she's running away, or after she's stopped a safe distance away.

I really don't see how the Manzos are NOT getting called on their nonsense.

Let's start at home base. I've lost count of the FoRTERS --- ESPECIALLY during the current season --- who've ripped Caroline a new one when she's done or said something stupid.

MYSELF INCLUDED.

Moving right along . . .

I've seen SEVERAL WWHL shows where Caroline has been one of the guests and Andy reads a tweet from a viewer calling Caroline out about being mean to Lauren. Or loud. Or a bully.

So, that's NOT getting called out on one's nonsense? On LIVE TV? If it's not, I'd surely like to know what WOULD be.

Also, the Net is rife with stories about how Albert stepped in it when he took that commissioner's job, but just kind of neglected to mention that he didn't live over The Brownstone (which would've put him in the district that the job pertained to), but actually lived in a McMansion in Franklin Lakes (which would've put him OUT of said district). Or about how the Manzo boys wound up cooling their heels in an island slammer in Punta Cana after they'd gotten into a brawl with other guests in a bar after Teresa (drunk, most likely) sprayed this guy's mom with champagne. The Manzos wound up getting jailed defending Teresa's butt when mom's son mouthed off at her and perhaps even struck her.

Poppy gets kudos for reminding me that if you REALLY want to know a backstory or a story, at all, just like you can sit down and type a post, here, you can also sit down and Google whatever it is that you want to know.

Good, bad, or indifferent.

And yep, even though I've said all the above, I'm also pretty reasonably-minded and have and will continue to defend BOTH Teresa AND Caroline if I don't think they're being given a fair shake on something.

The posts I've done will bear that out.

JMHO, thoughts and observations.

Last edited by ness; 09-27-2012 at 08:14 PM.
    Punkin, mom2 and AmyKay like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

When I posted what I thought happened in the Finale of RHNJ, I was just stating what I thought happened like a lot of posters here.
    I, in no way, think more of Teresa or any of that motley crew because of it. I'm delighted that I don't know any of them. I think I was mostly writing about Bravo, their scripting and their lackluster Grand Finale.
    I find very little redeeming value in any of them.
    And I'm just about tired of the whole thing now and I imagine the reunion(s) will be anything but group of crude women being mean to each other while all dressed up, pretending they are something they most certainly are NOT.
    But I will definitely be watching because I'm pathetically addicted to this trash.
    Punkin likes this.

The famewhorgas website has interesting information about scripting (which is where, I'm assuming, blonde got her info). Notable things I read off there is they wanted the finale to be at Posh's fashion show. They initially wanted Danielle Staub to come confront Melissa about the twitter comments, but Danielle refused. I also think the other person they wanted to come was Dina, but I think I read she refused as well. Since both of those women refused, they set up baldy. Melissa was told "someone from her past" would be at the show, so she was expecting something. From that website, initially the producers wanted to set Melissa up to be the bad guy (with Danielle confronting HER, or Dina confronting HER), but changed to making Teresa the bad guy because baldy was waiting in the wings for his 15 mins of fame. Jaqueline and Tre dont talk anymore because of a business deal that Tre ruined for Jaq (regardless of what the show scripted the fight to be, according to sources, its becuase Tre took an endorsement deal from Jaq).

I hated Melissa last season. This season, I actually kinda like her. Maybe its the edit, I dont know. It will be interesting to see next season since Carolyn and Jaqueline wont be back, and Kathy's "role" will be reduced. I cant even fathom how they will top this season, unless they invite some of Juicy's relatives to be cast.

+ Reply to Thread