+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3476Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post
    The moment I saw Tre behaving all innocent and not wanting to hear a rumor/maybe fact about Mego, was the EXACT moment I KNEW Tre was acting. She has spread all sorts of rumors about Mego from the minute she met her, so does she really think when some guy walks up to her with HUGE scoop, that she isn't going to lap that up?
    well if thats the case someone better call the oscars and tell them to make one for Tre is no actress she was dazed and confused.
    Punkin and norealityhere like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I agree with Ms. Diva.
    Tre looked like a deer in headlights to me.
    She's no NeNe Leakes when it comes to acting.
    Punkin and QUEENOF3 like this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I have to agree.

THIS time, I don't think T was acting, either.

Frankly, I don't think she's that good, y'all.
    Punkin likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

If Melissa had been a stripped the news would have already have been there. Kim is creepy.
    GabbyG and OceanView like this.
    You can do it!

Teresa's reaction just wasn't particularly believable. What's there be confused about here? Kim D brings out some guy who says Melissa stripped at a club where he worked. What's so puzzling about that?

I think Tre's reaction was completely phony. In fact, even if she didn't know what to do-- and I don't believe for a moment that Teresa wouldn't know how to tell some guy off if she really didn't like what he said-- her reaction was over the top. I don't buy it at all.
    OceanView likes this.

FORT Fanatic

[QUOTE=MsDiva2007;4561087]well if thats the case someone better call the oscars and tell them to make one for Tre is no actress she was dazed and confused.[/QUOTE

Oh her "I smell a fart expression"? She does that one all the time. It's her 'not so quick in thinking up an answer" moment.

FORT Regular

I don't doubt for a second that Teresa knew about the set up. But even playing Devil's Advocate - if she truly had no prior knowledge about what was going to happen, she proved once again she has zero class and zero loyalty. As already mentioned ad nauseum who cares if Melissa was a stripper in the past? The fact that Teresa was oh so worried about it admitting that the bald guy planted a seed of doubt in her regarding if Melissa stripped previously, to the point that she felt the need to question Melissa and get Melissa to confront him on it just proves Teresa wants nothing more than to publicly humiliate Melissa. Teresa is absolute trash. Nasty. And Low Class.
    GabbyG and Imperfect1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cavendish View Post
    Teresa's reaction just wasn't particularly believable. What's there be confused about here? Kim D brings out some guy who says Melissa stripped at a club where he worked. What's so puzzling about that?
    - Never thought I'd be here defending Teresa but here goes:
    If Tre didn't know exactly what was going to happen (altho I think she was told something was,) then I can totally understand.
    You're getting your hair/makeup done at a salon w/a supposedly good friend and some strange guy...part of the "help" there tells you he knows your sis in law and she used to be a stripper at his joint! (sorry for the longest sentence in history)
    I'd be taken off guard for sure because it was definitely a surprise Ambush. Teresa had no clue this would happen. I don't think she even understood or took it all in because it moved too fast for her brain to keep up with. And I think TPTB and Kim planned it that way exactly with that fact in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by scootad View Post
    As already mentioned ad nauseum who cares if Melissa was a stripper in the past?
    You know, I wish what you wrote was really what the world thought but human beings still judge and criticize very harshly. And I doubt Mellisa with her dreams of being a rock star, a respected lady in the New Jersey social circles and her other grandiose goals wants that to be how she's labeled.
    And that's exactly what she will be labeled....not singer, not mother, etc but as a stripper.
    Apparently, we haven't evolved as much as some of us wish we were.

Thoughts after reading scoot's and DL's posts, above:

scoot . . .

What piqued my interest was when you spoke to how Teresa tried to jack Melissa up in the bathroom and ask her questions about what the guy'd said to her, then get HER to go after him. Then, when Melissa wouldn't play into that, she made a big show of going to talk to/confront the guy herself. Well, SURPRISE, SURPRISE! He was (conveniently) nowhere to be found. Then, later on, she says to someone (Jac? Don't recall specifically, at this point.) that what she'd wanted was for her AND Melissa to GO TOGETHER TO TALK WITH THE GUY!

Please.

WHICH ONE IS IT?

At this point, I have to say that I STILL don't believe that Teresa knew anything specifically about what was up when the guy approached her in the salon with Kim D. What I DO think is this:

Kim D was the catalyst for the whole shooting match. When Baldy approached Teresa in the salon, she had no clue it was coming. She did her "I don't wanna talk about my family!" exit, because, I think, what she'd been told knocked her sideways.

There are such things as lies of omission. I think, while Teresa wasn't in on the start of the mess, when it was brought to her by Baldy, despising Melissa as she does, she saw this as an opportunity to take the ball and run with it.

So, while she wasn't in on the START of the BS, she jumped in it in her usual passive-aggressive "I DI-ENT DO ANYTHING! HE DID!" manner.

Which was what Kim D was banking on, and she played Teresa like a Stradivarius.

BUT, what Kim NOR Teresa was banking on was that Melisa would call Joe, he (understandably, I think) would get pissed and show up, and it would be on and poppin' from there. Instead of Melissa confronting Baldy, him probably getting loud on her at the function (and vice versa), and everybody in their circle being treated to a man vs. woman public showdown and some juicy gossip about Melissa, to boot.

Kim set Teresa up and used her to go after Melissa. Teresa fell for it and tried to topple Melissa away from Joe with it, overplayed her hand and underestimated Melissa, and all hell broke loose.

Yes, BOTH Teresa AND Kim D are absolutely trash, nasty and NO class.

DL . . .

Yeah, I think Kim used Baldy to ambush Teresa. I will go to my grave believing that she did not have a clue in hell --- at THAT point, anyway --- what was up. You could actually see her mired-in-mud wheels spinning as she tried to take in and process what the guy was telling her.

And yeah, I agree that the whole thing generated from Kim AND TPTB, now that you've specifically pointed that out.

And of course, most of us who are reasonable and could give a happy rip if Melissa DID strip or not JUST DON'T care. IF she did, what she did back THEN certainly doesn't define who and what she is NOW.

But, unfortunately, a lot of people will STILL judge, never realizing that they might very well wind up on a pole themselves, one day, for whatever reason.

"Judge not, lest ye be judged" doesn't even enter into their SMALLEST brain function.

It sucks, but that's the way the world turns.
    Last edited by ness; 09-24-2012 at 05:17 AM.
    prhoshay and GabbyG like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Regular

Here's how I see it and it's more of things that don't exactly add up than it is a conclusion:

Since the start of this series, we have learned that Teresa shift in behavior can go from a normal conversation to beligerently angry within a matter of seconds. This is a woman who flips tables, chases a woman down a crowded hallway at an event, and goes into full attack mode at the slight mention of her family with whom she has a strained relationship.

In the past episodes, we see a friend (? acquaintence?) talking about a member of her family and digging for more information after being instructed by Teresa to stop. Instead of the violent outburst the viewers have come to expect, Teresa sits there completely confused. The same thing happens at the fashion show when creepy bald guy stops by to say hello. In the salon, Teresa said she didn't want him to talk about her sister-in-law and how they knew each other and yet he approaches the table anyway. He supposedly apologized to Teresa for making her uncomfortable and for any inappropriateness he may have unintentionally displayed.

Kim D said she is not seated at their table, but will be at the very next table and therefore closeby.

Teresa continues to ask Melissa for more information about her past and what she did. Bravo is filming in the bathroom. Have they ever been in the bathroom before? I think in the past they camped outside with the mic pressed against the door.

There's a confession from creepy bald guy who forgot his mic was on.

We find out that creepy bald guy was only working at the salon for that day, but knew that Teresa and Melissa were related by marriage. After his conversation where he implicates Kim D and Teresa, he's no where to be found.

We meet Juicy Joe's brother. He must have a passion for clothes made out of polyester and stretch lycra. He congratulates her and toasts to her mission accomplished.

We meet more people who knew Melissa before she was Gorga-ed. These people are hovered around Kim D, who has the biggest smile on her face.

And as so many have mentioned, even if she were a stripper, it doesn't seem like it has tainted anyone's perception of Melissa, but Teresa will forever been known as a troublemaker.
    GabbyG and Imperfect1 like this.

+ Reply to Thread