+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3473Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I cannot imagine Teresa ever discussing this in an open, honest fashion. There would be too much shame for her and her girls in that eventuality.

The judge will certainly consider the fact that this is Joe's first criminal offense of record. There is also the possibility that he/she will weigh the hardship to his family and sentence Joe to house arrest followed by a long period of public service, along with a very hefty fine.

I imagine he and his attorney are banking on this, since they turned down the 5 year plea offer. I'm also pretty sure Teresa is making novenas and is on her knees every night praying for this outcome.

As much as I dislike them, I do not wish the Giudices the burden of coping with Dad in jail until Gia is in college.
    I understand what you are saying, but since he has gotten away with so much in the past I find it high time he is held accountable for his actions. It should be his pain on what he has done to his kids, if he should go away, and not all of us. It's so sad that both of these parents have less feelings for their children than we the viewers have. I say lock him up, now.
    Punkin, ness and elleprn like this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    THANK you!

I WONDERED if I was the only one who caught that and was SMH in confusion.

And diamonds, or not, it just points out to me how cheaply Teresa sells herself to "keep" her "marriage".

I wouldn't give a happy flying rip if it was the Hope Diamond he was offering. If I were in TERESA'S shoes, NOTHING with a price tag --- or without --- would be a salve to me for a husband of mine calling me the names he called her.

AND ON NATIONAL TV, TOO?

Far as I'm concerned, by saying Juicy made up for the name-calling by buying her diamonds, she just told the world that even though she might not be strolling the street, she could be bought, if the price was right.

Please.

ETA . . .

And like we didn't already KNOW that, anyway?

DOUBLE please!
    She is way too self absorbed and worried about her pride, if there was a divorce, than getting rid of a man who treats her abusively. And a man who clearly does not set good examples to his young girls.
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    and if a child is 6 on the first day of the school year, shouldn't that child be starting 1st grade? It said right there on the screen "Melania, 6".
    It depends when the child was born, in NJ, if she was born 30 days after the school year started, she would then need to wait another year to be eligible to attend school...it happened to my niece.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Anymore, it has become popular to hold children back a year, for their added maturity and physical development (especially, apparently, boys who will play sports). I don't think we can rely on a child's age anymore for determining their grade. I just saw a show on this recently; very interesting. It sure wasn't that way when MY dinosaurs were roaming the earth!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 09-11-2012 at 11:31 AM.
    Punkin likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I hadn't heard about it being used for boys to play sports, wow.

My parents started my youngest brother (who was born in early August) a year late. He started kindergarden already having turned six. Within a week of school two other kids in his classroom had already turned six as well. If he'd started a year earlier, at five, a lot of the kids would be almost a full year older than him. By the time kids get to high school that doesn't matter as much, but in elementary school it makes a *huge* difference, particularly among boys.
    Punkin likes this.

Sportswise, think of the size advantage while playing in a younger bracket that may be possible throughout the school career.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    Was no one else shocked that Tre didn't take her daughter Melania to her first day of kindergarten? Just put her on the bus with the rest of the kids...
    In some neighborhoods it's a big thrill for a clutch of good buddy neighborhood kids all getting on the bus together the first day - considered part of the fun of the first day experience, and the older kids are asked to watch out for one another, especially younger ones. Frequently the parents already personally know the bus driver from previous years. Also, some schools have a warm and fuzzy orientation a week ahead of time, where kids hang around the classroom, interact with the teacher, sit at the desks with their names taped on top, so they feel comfy going to their room on the first day. Not sure if it's that way for the Joodice neighborhood or not, but I suppose it's possible. I've seen this work.

Come to think of it, I don't expect either Joodice parent had a clue about the bus, the driver, the teacher, or anything else... but if they got lucky, their kid was safely on the way.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I was guessing that the child's sister was on the same bus?

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    What did everyone think of Caroline's national radio debut? It's possible that editing made it look worse, but she seemed completely unprepared. No fallback topics, no bits to fill the space. And what she did say amounted to little more than platitudes. I don't think she has a future in this medium.
    I strongly suspect that her "debut," as well as her "regular" radio show, were arranged by Bravo. Gigs that were more or less a one off or brief arrangement for support of a storlyline (or, in this case, providing comic relief) and giving TV exposure to the radio stations involved in return for the favor. In fact, I had a little chuckle when she had to explain to Melissa that "for now" it was just a "special" - and again when she said that someone in programming at Sirius Radio had tuned in to hear her on that local radio show. You know, *wink wink* just like they discovered Howard Stern. Her calling a timeout for a potty break cracked me up, too. It seems unlikely to me that you can do that during a "real" broadcast.

I also wondered if Bravo arranges those "launch" parties, too, with the owners of the venues for them. Tre's cocktail launch and Mel's "CD release" looked like they were done on a strict budget.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 09-11-2012 at 11:03 PM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Sportswise, think of the size advantage while playing in a younger bracket that may be possible throughout the school career.
    Oh, sure. When I was in age-group swimming, everyone always envied the kids born right after June and December 1st, because that would mean you got an entire season being significantly older and bigger than the other kids. I'm just surprised (shouldn't be, I've watched Friday Night Lights, I should know how this works) that parents are actually making such decisions based on sports... Although I don't really see how it can be detrimental to be the oldest so I guess no harm no foul right?

+ Reply to Thread