+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2702Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    In all fairness, I don't think we know what these peoples' lives really are. Is Caroline wrong? Teresa stupid, not just mean? Kathy a brainless martyr? Joe and Joe neanderthals? What we see is endless fights on Bravo, snippets of "news" on websites. It's hard to vet their various arguments for the purpose of determining who is "right" or "wrong".

What we see is storylines played out without total script memorization, just words and phrases memorized for camera time. Really, all we know for sure is that they're lowlife gutterwipes with low brainpower and bad judgment, trying to "be somebody".
    Accompanied by lots of inebriation and near inebriation. These people either have issues with alcohol abuse or Bravo only films them when they're drinking - or both, come to think of it.
    Punkin, Prism and OceanView like this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Poppy, I totally agree...so many sequences with people drinking and that always makes a huge difference in people. But it makes great tv for Bravo.
    But I think we still get glimpses of what people are really like...especially when drinking...they often lose their filter and true feelings/behaviors come out.
    Any of us who watch these shows for awhile, have a pretty good idea of who they are. All is revealed in time.
    Punkin and Prism like this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Okay, so I was perusing youtube last night and found an episode to watch from season 3... apparently Caroline and Teresa were still "friends" then. It is the Thanksgiving episode where the Gorgas invite the Wakiles and all of Melissa's siblings to their home for the holiday. I enjoyed watching Melissa and Joe shop for the turkey and all the fixings. Not having seen the show I was in shock over the size of the Gorga home. Holy Cannoli!!!! It's a mansion! I also recognized the area when Teresa and Joe Gui were driving around NJ on their way to the turkey farm. Summit... a very, very rich area. Gorgeous homes. If Teresa lives around there that is major bucks! Her home was not too shabby either.

I could not for the the life of me understand the big brouhaha about the congratulatory card Melissa sent. "Redone" home? What was the big deal? My home was practically gutted and rebuilt and it IS a redone home. Was Melissa supposed to say "rebuilt" home? I don't get the big faux pas on Melissa's part, according to Teresa. What a stupid, stupid argument! Is that any reason to stay away from your only brother and his family? Teresa may hate Melissa but those are her nieces and nephew. Does she not want to be involved in their lives? Kathy's desserts looked scrumptious. One little nitpick, though. Although the dessert table looked beautiful, I would not keep cannolis and other cream desserts out on the dessert table all day/evening until dessert time. Even though November in NJ is not warm, those desserts should be refrigerated, imo, until it is time to eat them.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    There's nothing that makes me more furious than when someone does this to me!! I just found out there's actually a term for it, it's called "gaslighting." It's just a total dismissal of a person's feelings. It's even worse than when people say "No offense but/don't get mad but/not to me mean but...."
    Excellent and apropos term, I believe from the movie Gaslight wherein Charles Boyer tries to drive his wife, Ingrid Bergman, crazy by by staging events to make her doubt her own sanity. It's a way of saying, "I can't believe you because you're nuts and I'm not."

Oops. Posted before seeing Proshay's earlier post.
    Last edited by Punkin; 09-05-2012 at 03:48 PM.
    norealityhere likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I guess I must have watched a different version than you did. What I saw was totally different. I saw a sister come and tell her brother and his wife congrats only to have her brother call her garbage and start a fight. That's my first impression of melissan& joe and it was a lasting one. It tole me all I need to know about them.
    But there was so much hurt and anger before that happened, and that is exactly why Joe acted the way he did. Not that he should have done that, especially at the baptism party, but you need to know the history of their anger to understand his actions toward his mental sister, Tre.
    Punkin likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Sorry but she would not have gotten not one more apology from me. I would have shown jthe footage of her and her family making up inappropriate names for Tre.'s cookbook before it came out, and asked now is that funny also? Carolyn needs to pull her big girl pants up and get over herself. a woman with 11 siblings and only on good terms with less than a hand full is not someone who needs to be judging people.
    Sorry, but from all I have seen and paid attention to, it is definitely Tre with the jealousy issues, mental issues, and hate toward her sister-in-law and cousin. And anyone else who she is jealous of or who do not agree with her. She can sit back and play dumb as to why 'everyone' is picking on her, but it doesn't fly with me and many.
    Punkin and Imperfect1 like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'd like to see Teresa and Aviva as roommates in the "nervous hospital", since that's where both of them belong!
    Punkin and PA Snow Bunny like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have hardly watched this season. I did catch the past 2 or 3 episodes. Caroline stinks; Teresa stinks- there is no point arguing about who smells the worst!
    I'm ready for the show to be recast. I get it, Bravo, I really do- Teresa is crazy and fights with everyone- she'll flip tables on ya! The Manzos are all awful together! Caroline is a bully that pretends to love all her kids and be super mommy! Let's just throw them all in a ring and let them go at it! Whoever survives wins! Sheesh! At this point; crazy Danielle is looking sort of normal. I'm ready to see an entire cast of completely different people from another town other than Franklin Lakes.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I'd like to see Teresa and Aviva as roommates in the "nervous hospital", since that's where both of them belong!
    Oh gosh, I think they are sooo different. Aviva seems to be a very sweet natured woman who had a HORRIFIC and TERRIFYING experience as a little girl when she got her leg caught in some kind of farm threshing machine and her leg was AMPUTATED. She has said that since that excruciating and frightening accident, she has developed extreme fears (phobias) of being in situations where she could get seriously hurt again.

Teresa, on the other hand, is a mean-spirited, small minded, manipulative, up tight, jealous woman, who will do or say pretty much anything to get what she wants. If Teresa resembles anyone in the RH world, to me it would be Tamra from RHOC.
    Punkin likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I still say Aviva is nuts, and she revels in it. It gets her lots of attention. I would have "cut her from my herd" a long time ago! I've never been a fan of unpredictable people. No, you're right; they don't resemble each other....they're just both nuts!

I've seen other people who have had hideous accidents, and they aren't nearly as whacked-out as Aviva.
    Punkin and buttahfly like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread