+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3404Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

What happened last night? I moved and am in an area without cable or internet, and my phone is limited as to what i can do online.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

mom2, I am pretty sure it was a repeat of the "Sour Grapes" episode where Kathy and Teresa were overheard by Caroline talking in the hot tub which led to the confrontation between Caroline and Teresa.

Ok, i thought i missed the fashion show where it all went . Thanks!!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    What happened last night? I moved and am in an area without cable or internet, and my phone is limited as to what i can do online.
    NO NEW SHOW last night … repeat.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Who the heck is Mego???

And, I don't think anything makes a woman angrier than for somebody, usually a man to tell her to "get over it". If you want to guarantee that somebody won't get over something anytime soon, just say that to them. It's like they are being given the brush-off, and their feelings are being disrespectfully disregarded.

It's right up there with somebody telling you to "Calm down!" which, in my brain translates to "Shut up!" Trouble!!!!
    AMEN, sister!!!!!!!!!!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Who the heck is Mego???

And, I don't think anything makes a woman angrier than for somebody, usually a man to tell her to "get over it". If you want to guarantee that somebody won't get over something anytime soon, just say that to them. It's like they are being given the brush-off, and their feelings are being disrespectfully disregarded.

It's right up there with somebody telling you to "Calm down!" which, in my brain translates to "Shut up!" Trouble!!!!
    There's nothing that makes me more furious than when someone does this to me!! I just found out there's actually a term for it, it's called "gaslighting." It's just a total dismissal of a person's feelings. It's even worse than when people say "No offense but/don't get mad but/not to me mean but...."
    Punkin and ness like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought that "gaslighting" was when someone, intentionally, tries to make you think that you are losing your mind by doing weird things and then telling you that "it" never happened, in an attempt to make you think you were losing it.

That movie, "Gaslight" was just on television last weekend, but I didn't get to watch it.
    Punkin likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

How many weeks has this show been on?
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    How many weeks has this show been on?
    Season 4 started in April 2012. Finale is October 2012.
    KAREN

In all fairness, I don't think we know what these peoples' lives really are. Is Caroline wrong? Teresa stupid, not just mean? Kathy a brainless martyr? Joe and Joe neanderthals? What we see is endless fights on Bravo, snippets of "news" on websites. It's hard to vet their various arguments for the purpose of determining who is "right" or "wrong".

What we see is storylines played out without total script memorization, just words and phrases memorized for camera time. Really, all we know for sure is that they're lowlife gutterwipes with low brainpower and bad judgment, trying to "be somebody".
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

+ Reply to Thread