+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 804 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273113163563 ... LastLast
Like Tree3473Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Regular

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

...I also think that when [Danielle] told T. that she was "just starting and when she was done you can slam me all you want to Sweetheart" (or something close to that) and then came back with the "pay attention" comment that just sealed the deal on T's anger. I have no doubt T was stewing about the first comment and all that went on after and then the last one sent her over the edge.
    Perhaps, but I question both the sanity of a person who would be sent "over the edge" due merely to these comments as well as the intelligence of someone who must scream obscenities & flip a table onto her "guests" (at a public restaurant while knowingly being filmed for national tv) in order to express herself. In my experience, the social elite (of which Teresa delusionally fancies herself) have a more refined, "classy," & "not rude" way of dealing with conflict.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3511770;
    As I said in my post, they ALL have problems handling tense situations. My post was just addressing Jacqueline's suddenly explosive behavior.

Raw oysters aren't just raw? I have no idea what that's supposed to mean.
    They're not just raw, if they're fresh.

They're alive when they are slid down your gullet and into the bath of hydrochloric acid in your tummy.

Quote Originally Posted by *angela;3514068;
    Perhaps, but I question both the sanity of a person who would be sent "over the edge" due merely to these comments as well as the intelligence of someone who must scream obscenities & flip a table onto her "guests" (at a public restaurant while knowingly being filmed for national tv) in order to express herself. In my experience, the social elite (of which Teresa delusionally fancies herself) have a more refined, "classy," & "not rude" way of dealing with conflict.
    See I believe Teresa to be completely sane. The one who doesn't have all her chairs pulled up to the table is Danielle. Who comes to a party to start a fight? Why did she bring her kids so they could witness her trashy behavior? What kind of mother puts her kids into situations that could possibly become violent? If she needed support why didn't she bring a friend along? Oh that's right she doesn't have any. The only one she has is one she had to guilt into being one with her threatening toast a few weeks ago.

Woman of Danielle's Ilk make me sick. The inappropriate sexual talk with her kids and not enough mothering. I would say Danielle needs to grow a pair and accept that she is not the type of friend people want. Accept I think she may already have a pair.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by *angela;3512315;
    My thoughts on the director's cut/extended finale episode:

I still cannot imagine the reason any of these women agreed to participate in a reality show, sacrifice their family's privacy, & behave in such a manner. I'm still trying to determine which is more appauling - a financially-struggling parent with young children & a dangerously sordid past voluntarily starring in a reality show OR supposedly wealthy castmates who would willingly, hypocritically, & vulgarly participate in the public humiliation of another person - all for money & "fame."

They all attempted to play victims - Danielle for having the book revealed; Dina for being falsely accused of the revelation; Jacqueline for being in the middle of family & friend; Teresa for having her "housewarming party" (which was obviously paid for by & a contractual requirement of Bravo) ruined; & Caroline for not being believed as the instigator. All are self-absorbed & hypocritical: while attempting to project themselves as innocent, elite/above the fray, & concerned about their children, they curse, constantly discuss sex/body parts, gossip, etc.

The last scene with Danielle smoking & chatting with her children wasn't surprising; it seemed consistent with her character as portrayed throughout the season. After acknowledging "two truths" in the book, she said that she understood everyone's initial concern/desire to protect their families & expressed disappointment that someone didn't approach her for her perspective before spread rumors that were hurtful to her & her daughters. She obviously had suspicions that Dina was the leader of the town smear campaign. Because she stated her purpose was for her admit it & apologize, I believe that she truly didn't intend for the language, violence, etc. that ensued (not to discount the fact that she undoubtedly enjoyed the attention).

Caroline looked foolish dictating the conversation & speaking on behalf of the group....

Dina is lame. IMHO the reason she "can't stomach" Danielle is because they're too much alike - gold-diggers, attention-seekers, manipulators, materialistic, appearance-conscience, etc.; of course, the biggest difference is that Danielle, not Dina, actually owns it. She admittedly can dish it out, claiming satisfaction in learning of negative information about Danielle, but obviously can't take it. Despite her repeated "bring it on" challenges in her opening & various commentaries, she allowed her big sis to take the blame for being the town gossip. Why not take responsibility & admit to Danielle that while she may not have physically handled the book, she did delightfully gossip about its contents to her friends & family?...

Perhaps because I do not subscribe to the notion that truth or appropriateness is dependent upon the person involved, I admire Jacqueline's decision to defend the truth despite pressure from her extended family; I didn't interpret her comments as intentionally defending Danielle, rather the truth happened to support Danielle's stance. Likewise, I cannot believe these women who wish to be perceived as upper society (as well as their children) would condone Teresa's language, vulgarity, & destructive behavior, citing being Italian &/or from NJ as a justification.

As I've stated throughout this season, Teresa is the most ignorant, delusional, & fake of the bunch....

I feel sorry for all the real kids...
    I agree 100%. I thought about it today; Danielle never said that the ladies shouldn't have seen the book, nor that they shouldn't have conducted their own investigation into the book's allegation, nor that they didn't have some right to be concerned. Merely that they should have come to her in person, to her face, and asked her. Not go around town showing the book and speculating gleefully. I don't think that is too much to ask. Dina and Caroline behaved like nasty little girls in a back street school yard, with their whispering campaign. At the last supper was the first time they had addressed 'the book' to Danielle. The first time! :nono

Their conduct, to me, was immature and petty in the extreme, and I think they knew it, they were embarrassed, which is why they were so eager to jump on the attack to deflect attention from anyone considering how not very nice it was to shop the book to where they knew Danielle frequented without having the bravery to discuss it with her openly. Why couldn't they be open? Why couldn't they just confront Danielle?

If they weren't embarrassed or were clueless as to how their actions would look to anyone observing them, why did Caroline feel it necessary to 'defend' Dina? Defend her from what, I wondered? If she'd done nothing wrong, why defend her? C. even later admitted that Dina's conduct wasn't 'the best' and that's from a thick thief.

I also considered this: I wouldn't trust Caroline or Dina as far as I could throw Teresa's giant marble palace. See, one lies to protect the the family honor, IMHO, and the other I can't imagine not being pressured, like Jacqueline was, to lie as well. All this boils down to is: If they feel like it, they will lie.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JustmeinMI;3513828;
    When Theresa asked her about how much her kids knew about Steve and do her kids know that they had sex - D is upset that Theresa would even dare bring up sex or say sex out loud - shutting her up by giving her "the look" and saying - thankyou-thankyou. Doesn't she think her kids saw her on tv discussing how great the phone sex was with "Gucci Model", and her description of herself as "having the **ssy"? How is Theresa quiet comments worse that her out loud comments? This doesn't make sense.
    The kids couldn't possibly have seen that on TV because it was filmed quite some time before it was aired.

OMG....I hate Danielle's voice...it's right up there with Mary Murphy from So You Think You Can Dance. It just grates on my nerves, ugh! She just can't shut up and stop twauking about the stupid book, get over it already....geez!!! Caroline is too full of herself, she thinks she is the bwoss of everyone....I can't handle these women. I hope there is not another season, but if there is I know I would end up watching it.

I could be friends with fiesty but fun Theresa, but not that Joan Rivers look a like Danielle. Bleech.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3514182;
    The kids couldn't possibly have seen that on TV because it was filmed quite some time before it was aired.
    Danielle knew, though, that she was filming a TV show for the public, and that eventually, not only her daughters, but EVERYBODY was going to see it! Really, what could she have been thinking?? And the concept that she allegedly was hiding out from the bad guys who were out to get her??? Hiding out where??? In plain sight on TV? Here's my house, bad guys, where I live, and where my children live. Come and get us. . .

Quote Originally Posted by *angela;3514068;
    I also think that T. is perfectly sane. Haven't you(not pointing fingers you but the collective you) ever been pushed way beyond your limit that your usual normal reactions went right out the window and you did/said things that aren't in within your normal realm? I know this has happened to some people I know and then they sit there and go "Huh?" Did I really just do that? I'm not saying it is right ...just saying any given time or place can make your reactions be over the top. We really don't know what else had been going on "behind the scenes" when we turned off our t.v's so there could be way more to this than just what was shown. We may find out on the reunion show or we may never know.

FORT Newbie

<<<< The only one (friend) she (Danielle) has is one she had to guilt into being one with her threatening toast a few weeks ago.

A few times throughout the marathon I would hear Danielle taking over Jacqueline (yes, I know that J could have done better standing up for herself) - what is coming to mind right now is when D lectured Ashley (at the bedroom door) and after J asked not to talk about Dina (at the bday dinner, I think) and Danielle just had to get in one more dig about Dina. When was Danielle ever a friend to Jacqueline?

Unless this was all editing - did Danielle ever just have a conversation or was it always about Dina? "She's (Dina) threatened by me - I know way too much about her". Again, stttttoooooopppppp (call me Kelly - RHNY) talking about Dina.

Danielle to J: "Know who your enemies are" <-- who were Jacqueline's enemies? "All liars will be exposed" <-- okay, they yakked about some book - if this is the biggest lie that anyone of them would told - none of them are that bad ....

+ Reply to Thread