+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2810Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    They all behaved terribly...altho as you said, Mel was the best by remaining quiet.
    But that's exactly why I watch.
    Me, TOO!

TEE, HEE!!!!!!!!!!1
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Clear across the board, there ain't no saints on this show.

Having said that . . .

EVEN THOUGH I WOULD'VE LET IT GO BY NOW, I can understand where Caroline's coming from when she bleats that she doesn't feel Teresa's "apology" was sincere. I DO remember Teresa and Caroline sitting out on the steps of somebody's house and Teresa telling Caroline words to the effect that she meant the Olive Garden/carwash commentary as a joke, and, essentially, I believe, was apologizing for that. I do have to say that I side with Caroline when she says that if Teresa had really been sincere, she would've pulled Caroline aside, away from cameras and told her --- in whatever fashion --- that she was sorry.

No, I don't think Teresa meant those comments as a "joke"; I see them as her usual passive/aggressive way of hitting back at Caroline for "Meatballgate", or whatever. I think Teresa continually honking: "I'M SAAAAAAAAAARRRY!" on-camera is done to just make sure there's a record that the words at least came out of her mouth.

Caroline needs to LET THE CRAP WITH TERESA GO. I don't blame her for being pissed. I agree that Teresa will lie in a New York minute, depending on what situation she happens to be in at a particular second to try to make herself look like the victim or the Virgin Mary (with REALLY stretched-out earlobes, BTW!). I would've done exactly what she did, in terms of not having anything but the most basic common courtesies to say to Teresa when they happened to wind up in the same orbit. But to go off at the hot tub? That was just playing into Teresa's game. She was there. She heard what was being said. And if she REALLY didn't want to hear it, she could've gotten her behind UP and left.

And Caroline can't even see it, but SHE resorted to TERESA'S tactics when, after the major blowout was over, she said Teresa had made negative comments about Mel and Kathy to HER for awhile. Mel, reasonably, I thought, asked: "What did she say?" And Caroline blew her off with saying she wasn't going to go into specifics, or words to that effect. Hell, if she wasn't going to tell Mel what Teresa said, she should've kept her flippin' mouth SHUT, and let her actions in NOT distancing herself from Mel speak FOR her.

Kathy needs to STOP going around trying to play Mother Teresa, as far as trying to patch things up. BESIDES that, if she WAS going there, WHY didn't she TAKE TERESA ASIDE TO SPEAK TO HER ABOUT CAROLINE? Even if she was going to be stupid enough to try to reason with Teresa about Caroline, number one, she didn't have a dog in that particular fight, anyway, so why bother? Number two, it was in VERY poor taste to have brought up such a volatile subject with the person the convo centered on SITTING JUST A FEW FEET AWAY! Kathy needs to fish or cut bait. Either cut Teresa off, like Richie suggested, or be prepared to take it on the chin when she's hurt by Teresa's actions, or inserts herself, ostensibly trying to be a peacemaker where peace will never exist, into a situation that she's not directly involved in.

Jac. She was no more asleep than the man in the moon, IMHO. She wanted to be around to hear WHAT was going down, but she also knew Teresa's tactics and knew that if she were still sitting up and looking on, Teresa, since she feels she and Jac have "patched things up", would eventually try to drag HER into the mess against Caroline. Like Kathy, Jac wants to have it BOTH ways, and she can't. She should've either womanned up. kept her ass sitting up and suffered whatever consequences might've come her way for doing so, or, like Elvis, left the building.

As for Teresa dragging other people into the argument?

When she put her hand on Kathy --- and KEPT on doing it, even after Kathy made it CLEAR she'd crossed a line --- that was over-the-top and WAY out of line. But then again, that was classic Teresa. She was SO desperate to get someone on her side in the bloodbath, that she wasn't thinking and put her hand on Kathy to push her face up and drag her into Teresa's fight (like I touched on about Jac, above). WHY Kathy didn't see to it that she drew back a bloody nub after the FIRST touch, I'll never know.

But then again, that's on KATHY.

I think Mel's about the only one who came out of this looking and behaving as though she might've had at LEAST a brain cell, or two.

JMHO.
    Some great points.
    momrek06 likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Not sure how many people saw the very first episodes when Kathy and Mego joined the show, but I do remember how Tre kept talking against, making fun of, her cousin and sister-in-law to Jac and Caroline. Caroline and Jac were practically dreading meeting these awful, awful people UNTIL they actually met and then soon realized they were decent people. Now I'm not talking about their husbands, that is an entirely different situation. But I remember the first get together Kathy had, how hard she worked on it, only for Tre to sit with Jac and make these horribly rude comments making fun of her cousin and the food she served. It made everyone in earshot so uncomfortable. She also made horrible accusations regarding her sister-in-law that were unfounded and tried like crazy to get Caroline and Jac to choose 'sides' against her. Again, once they kept socializing with her they soon realized it was Tre.... not Melissa that had the problem with jealousy.... among other things. It's so obvious..... painfully obvious.... that Tre is so jealous of Joe's love for Melissa. Especially since her own husband is so rude and verbally abusive to her.
    Punkin, ness, GabbyG and 2 others like this.

I guess I must have watched a different version than you did. What I saw was totally different. I saw a sister come and tell her brother and his wife congrats only to have her brother call her garbage and start a fight. That's my first impression of melissan& joe and it was a lasting one. It tole me all I need to know about them.
    Moontat, Kiz, QUEENOF3 and 1 others like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post
    Not sure how many people saw the very first episodes when Kathy and Mego joined the show, but I do remember how Tre kept talking against, making fun of, her cousin and sister-in-law to Jac and Caroline. Caroline and Jac were practically dreading meeting these awful, awful people UNTIL they actually met and then soon realized they were decent people. Now I'm not talking about their husbands, that is an entirely different situation. But I remember the first get together Kathy had, how hard she worked on it, only for Tre to sit with Jac and make these horribly rude comments making fun of her cousin and the food she served. It made everyone in earshot so uncomfortable. She also made horrible accusations regarding her sister-in-law that were unfounded and tried like crazy to get Caroline and Jac to choose 'sides' against her. Again, once they kept socializing with her they soon realized it was Tre.... not Melissa that had the problem with jealousy.... among other things. It's so obvious..... painfully obvious.... that Tre is so jealous of Joe's love for Melissa. Especially since her own husband is so rude and verbally abusive to her.
    Ain't THAT the livin' truth?
    Punkin and momrek06 like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post

That is totally how I remember it as well, OV!
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Probably because she had no issues over sharing her feelings on other folks families. What she needs to is figure out why are husband can't drive 8 miles home at night? Why all of her wonderful kids are underachievers in life?,why her boys mean more to her than her daughter does? Why every venture she tries to get a boost off real housewives fails and Tre is thriving. Then and only then can she try to give advice to someone else. I am sure her sis Dina would like these answers too,lol
    I don't understand what you said about Al not driving 8 miles home at night?
    I think I remember him having an apartment at the Brownstone for late nights....and didn't he get in trouble for something to do with that and the IRS?
    doesn't he come home most nights?
    All the women are ridiculous regarding their behavior...but I think we're watching Caroline coming to terms with what her lot in life is right now. Maybe now that she doesn't have little kids to mother, she's seeing thing more clearly and is not happy with what her life is. She seems very depressed to me all this season. I'm not excusing her behavior but just remarking on what I see.
    I have a very low opinion of almost everyone of these people....Chris (Jaq's husband) seems to be the only decent person there. At first I thought Kathy was a very nice person but she's got to stop playing Mother Teresa and being a martyr.
    Punkin, ness and norealityhere like this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I guess I must have watched a different version than you did. What I saw was totally different. I saw a sister come and tell her brother and his wife congrats only to have her brother call her garbage and start a fight. That's my first impression of melissan& joe and it was a lasting one. It tole me all I need to know about them.
    Just to clarify, MsDiva you and OceanView are referring to two different episodes. She's referring to the episode in which, for the first time, Kathy entertained and baked for the other women of the show --- and you're referring to the very first episode of last season in which Melissa/Joe Gorga and Kathy/Rich were introduced to the public.
    ness and Poppy Fields like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Who the heck is Mego???

And, I don't think anything makes a woman angrier than for somebody, usually a man to tell her to "get over it". If you want to guarantee that somebody won't get over something anytime soon, just say that to them. It's like they are being given the brush-off, and their feelings are being disrespectfully disregarded.

It's right up there with somebody telling you to "Calm down!" which, in my brain translates to "Shut up!" Trouble!!!!
    Punkin and ness like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Who the heck is Mego???
    MElissa GOrga

+ Reply to Thread