+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3476Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

This may be the first fight in Housewives history where I can't side with Caroline. I certainly don't side with Teresa either, but I thought Caroline was very wrong for pushing things with Teresa like she did. IT seemed like she was in a bad mood, and decidedto be a bully and take it out on an easy victim. Teresa had apologized for every "wrong" that Caroline listed off, so her continuing to be angry was Caroline's fault - she decided not to let it go. But the worst part to me was the way she behaved after the fight. When she started talking about how Teresa had bad mouthed Kathy and Melissa for so long, but then tried to take the "high ground" by refusing to give details, it made me me really mad. She was trying to instigate and drive a wedge again between Teresa and her family. That's exactly what she gets mad at Teresa for doing. She also didn't seem to accept that things can change. Given that she's been in phases of not speaking to family members, and then been close to them again, she should get that, but she doesn't. Yes, Teresa has said bad things about her brother and sister-in-law in the past. But they got past those things to get along now. Get over it Caroline! In all that though, I have to say, I give HUGE credit to both Joes for taking the step to fly home early and end the whole thing. I thought it was a smart move when Joe Guidice did that, and almost cheered out loud when Joe GOrga decided to join them.
    Punkin and sparklete like this.

I saw probably the last 15 minutes of this show plus WWHL. What I believe I heard was Juicy being told to get Teresa out of here NOT him voluntarily getting out of there on his own. Please...he was plastered & you seriously want me to believe he was able to arrange for an earlier flight for not only himself but also Joe & Melissa PLUS arrange for a car to pick them up. I do not believe that for a second.

Quite frankly I don't like how any of the "ladies" acted with the possible exception of Melissa but then again only marginally. This event was set in motion by Kathy. If she never said a word to Teresa about Caroline none of these events would have happened & everyone would have gone home the next day...BUT where would the drama have come from if this had not happened? I firmly believe that this was all staged by BRAVO to get a rating bonanza since nothing happened of any interest between Melissa & Teresa. This whole cookbook thing had occured over a year prior. I am 1/2 Italian. There is not a thing in Teresa's cookbook that I haven't been cooking for 30 years. There is nothing new or different there.

Caroline...sigh...we are in the same age bracket but that is about it. I completely understand that there are individuals who get quite upset when their heritige is put into question. Of course the 1/16th Italian dig was a passive agressive & calculated move on Teresa's part but the thing is Caroline when you play with individuals who have such a jealous streak in them; to mess with them isn't a fair fight. Logic will always trump emotion. Teresa will never understand logic.

I am 1/2 Italian & 1/2 Slovack. In my region I would be known as a WOP & Hunk; so what??? Those words never limited me nor did they scar me for life. It is who I am & I embrace it. My friends where of all of different ethnic groups which, in today's terms, come with various now apparently politically incorrect. Whatever...it doesn't change who you are just becasue someone said so or writes it in a cookbook. If it is salnder & it hurt your reputation...fine...sue her but get over it.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

PA Snow Bunny, if you have a chance to see the entire show, you'll see that throughout the fight, they kept on cutting to the men who were commenting on it. They went from agreeing it was none of their business and allowing the women to fight, to recognizing it wasn't going to end well. Yes, a comment was made to Joe to get Teresa out of there ... out of the fight, not the house. And it also was not a forceful command. It was a suggestion. I would agree that Bravo likely made the arrangements for the four of them to fly out sooner, and it made things more dramatic. But for whatever reason, both Joe's took action to end the tension instead of staying there and contributing to it, and that was good. I also thought it was great that when Caroline was trying to poison the water between Melissa and Teresa at the end of the fight, that Melissa refused to get involved, saying she would not fight for Teresa to Caroline, and would not defend Caroline to Teresa - it was between them. I think that Melissa and Joe truly do see what has happened with Teresa as an opportunity to make things better, and they are willing to make some sacrifices to make it work. I just hope that somehow, Teresa is able to recognize that kindness in both of them.

FORT Newbie

I had to log on to post about last night.
    My biggest issues were with that weak-minded, two faced Kathy and that passive-aggressive slug Jacqueline.
    Was she really playing possum? Who does that??? Like how old are you??
    That was too pathetic. Be an adult and face the music or just leave the room. But to stay and actually play possum. I was too through….lol
    Kathy, Kathy, Kathy….
    I think her behavior last night spoke volumes about why she and Theresa really fell out in the first place.
    She tries to set Theresa up by bringing up Caroline when Theresa was trying to mend fences with her. And like Theresa said, Kathy’s actions were so calculated. She knew Caroline and the gang were looking and listening. Why is Kathy soooo desperate for Caroline’s approval??
    I was disgusted when she got loud and aggressive with Theresa about touching her. That was so uncalled for. She knew Theresa wasn’t trying to harm her. What was up with the “I’m from Patterson…” comment? Ugh!
    That was one time Theresa was genuinely embarrassed and hurt. That was beyond low of Kathy.
    And for her to run in the room with that weak “I didn’t mean for this to happen…” bit. Chick please!!
    Prism and sparklete like this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I have never watched any of the Housewives franchise. I only recently started reading this thread and have watched maybe a snippet or two of a few shows, with the exception of last night. Of course I know who Teresa is b/c her face is plastered all over. Can someone answer a few questions for me?

What comment did Teresa put in her cookbook that has Caroline all hot and bothered?
    How is Dina Manzo Caroline's sister? Isn't Caroline's maiden name, "Laurita," like her brother Chris? Did Dina marry another Manzo brother and is Dina still good friends with Teresa?

Not having watched the series I don't know much of the back story. But from what I have read here and elsewhere it seems as if the Gorgas/Wakiles campaigned to get on the show. The familial relationships are very sad on this show. I'm Italian-American and I can honestly say I don't know anyone within my family or circle of friends who behave like this. It's one of the main reasons I never watched this show or Jersey Shore. What a bunch of buffoons!

And Kathy? Wow, with relatives like that, who needs enemies? I don't know what is so great about Caroline that Kathy desperately seeks her approval or friendship. And, is it really true that Teresa badmouthed her s.i.l., brother and cousin Kathy to Caroline in seasons past? I have so many questions that I should probably watch seasons 1-3. I didnt want to watch but it is like a trainwreck...you just can't stop staring.

ETA- to FORT, QUEENOF3!

FORT Fogey

I'm not convinced that Jacqueline was playing possum. They'd all been drinking a lot of wine that night, and it was at the end of the night. I think she may have passed out. Eastcoastmom, Dina and Caroline are sisters, with the maiden name Laurita. Caroline married Albert Manzo. Dina was married, had a child, divorced, and then married Albert's brother, which also made her a Manzo.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post

What comment did Teresa put in her cookbook that has Caroline all hot and bothered?

Here is the quote from Tre's book.

"I can't help it. Every time I sit down to write this intro to my "Italian Family Cookbook," two things keep popping into my head: that cheesy Olive Garden commercial, "When you're here, you're family"; and what I said about Caroline Manzo when she insulted my meatballs on the Rachael Ray show: "Caroline's as Italian as the Olive Garden."
    "If you read 'Skinny Italian," you know I'm not a huge fan of Olive Garden because it takes traditional healthy Italian dishes and turns them into heart-clogging servings of ungodly servings of ungodly proportions. (Forget 'Jersey Shore,' it's the Olive Garden that gives us Italians a bad name!) I am, however, a huge fan of Caroline Manzo. (Even if she's only 1/16 Italian, or whatever she is )".
    KAREN

Thanks for the response, ACooker and momrek!

Well, judging from that comment I would say that both are equally wrong. Teresa was wrong to make that comment about Caroline in her book but Caroline was equally as wrong to insult Teresa's meatballs on Rachael Ray's show. Who does that to a "friend?" They really are looney tunes, aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Thanks for the response, ACooker and momrek!

Well, judging from that comment I would say that both are equally wrong. Teresa was wrong to make that comment about Caroline in her book but Caroline was equally as wrong to insult Teresa's meatballs on Rachael Ray's show. Who does that to a "friend?" They really are looney tunes, aren't they?
    What is not being told is Caroline laughed at sampe quote before and only had issues with it once Tre's cookbook came out. Caroline Manzo has issues and she looks foolish. I love that everything is always Tre's fault. Caroline and these other passive aggressive heifers take no blame when they start mess and Caroline's I'll mannered kids need to get a life.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Well, I watched last night's show late, at 11:30 pm, after I had watched Andy Cohen's interview with the two of them. What struck me was how evasive Caroline was in her answers to Andy's probes. She just could not or would not commit to what actually was bothering her about Teresa. What exactly was the mortal sin that Teresa committed. Caroline kept insisting that Teresa's apology was not sincere. How does she know what is exactly in Teresa's heart? I don't know enough about any of them to form any opinions about who is right or wrong. In her interview with Andy Teresa did say that she did try to call Caroline to apologize but that Caroline would not answer her phone. When I watched the show immediately afterward Caroline was being a bully, imo. She would not give a valid explanation as to why she thinks Teresa's apology was not sincere and when Teresa did explain that she did try to call, Caroline just brushed it off. I can't believe the men stayed so calm.

And Albert? I had to laugh. He sits there and in his TH says he is content to just sit back and take it all in and not get involved. But IF push came to shove and his wife was in trouble or being maligned, or whatever , he would jump in and take care of it. But then, all of a sudden, he is content to let the girls work it out themselves. HAH!!! I think he's scared of meathead Joe Guidice.
    Last edited by Eastcoastmom; 08-27-2012 at 01:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread