+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2728Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I still think the Caroline theory on the fall of Joe and Teresa's marriage. I think she pushed him for material wealth, he did anything necessary to live up to that including immoral and illegal things, and now resents her for pushing him. I also think that Teresa has realized the audience likes Melissa and Joe a lot more than her and Joe, and now she's trying to pretend to have a marriage like theirs. Melissa has talked before about how often Joe needs sex, so now all the sudden Teresa's Joe needs it daily. The big difference is as people have said the attraction between Melissa and Joe is mutual. And I have to say I adored the scenes of Caroline's birthday dinner. The toasts from each kid were fantastic. It's those shows of love between hem that make me really love the Manzos
    I think Juicy has done illegal things before, during & will after his marriage to Teresa ends. This show is totally unwatchable...time for a total recast.
    cavendish and OceanView like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Teresa has the least self-awareness of all the Housewives combined, and that says a lot. The grudges that she supposedly never holds appeared when she excluded Kathy from her toast.
    OceanView likes this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Seriously delusional.
    OceanView likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Real Housewives Of New Jerseys Jacqueline Laurita Has Son With Autism| E! Online

Real Housewives of New Jersey's Jacqueline Laurita Has Son With Autism

It's a good thing Jacqueline Laurita is such a loving mom. The Real Housewives of New Jersey star recently revealed to People that her 3-year-old son Nicholas has autism.

The toddler's speech and motor skills began to regress at about 18 months of age. "We had no idea what was going on," Jacqueline, also mom to 21-year-old Ashlee and 10-year-old C.J., says.

"I worry about him being independent when he's older," she says. "I spend all my time researching what we can do for him."

Her husband, Chris, tells the mag they "didn't want to believe it was true" that Nicholas suffered from autism. "You never want to think your child isn't perfectly healthy."

Jacqueline is already working as an advocate for autism awareness and treatment.

She's hosting a benefit Sept. 20 to benefit Autism Speaks.
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.
    KAREN

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I think all the outrage over Teresa's toast was 100% fake. They even set it up with a tete-a-tete hairdressing session first, just to make Kathy appear to feel somehow excluded. It was like listening to a middle-schooler. "Taking a hit" for the team - please. It seemed like a deliberate, if clumsy, attempt at a game change scene.

Caroline's refusal to raise her glass was just ridiculously fake. I didn't even get what she meant when she called the toast "mean." At first I thought maybe she didin't like Teresa throwing the "now you're 50!" vibe in. Then, of course, I had the "aha" when I recalled Kathy's little heart-to-heart.

If she thought the toast was mean, I wonder what she thinks about all the smack Richie talks about Teresa (and others). I'll bet she enjoys it. The toast was not mean imo. Who feels obligated to acknowledge everyone at the table when standing a toast? Only on Bravo. Same with refusing to raise your glass - that would be rude anywhere else.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

i'm so glad you posted this. i spent the whole time thinking i must have missed something bc i did not think kathy was slighted or the toast was mean! like you said, who the heck says something abt everyone present when doing a toast?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I think all the outrage over Teresa's toast was 100% fake. They even set it up with a tete-a-tete hairdressing session first, just to make Kathy appear to feel somehow excluded. It was like listening to a middle-schooler. "Taking a hit" for the team - please. It seemed like a deliberate, if clumsy, attempt at a game change scene.

Caroline's refusal to raise her glass was just ridiculously fake. I didn't even get what she meant when she called the toast "mean." At first I thought maybe she didin't like Teresa throwing the "now you're 50!" vibe in. Then, of course, I had the "aha" when I recalled Kathy's little heart-to-heart.

If she thought the toast was mean, I wonder what she thinks about all the smack Richie talks about Teresa (and others). I'll bet she enjoys it. The toast was not mean imo. Who feels obligated to acknowledge everyone at the table when standing a toast? Only on Bravo. Same with refusing to raise your glass - that would be rude anywhere else.

I kind of picture Caroline right now as a turtle desperately trying to pull its head into its shell, but somebody/something is poking her inside the shell from the rear, thus forcing her to have to keep poking her head out.

Yep, I think she's trying to distance herself from the Giudices. I also think she's embarrassed at still being a part of this show at all, and because of signing on the dotted line, now finds herself with no choice BUT to have Bravo tell her what to do, and when.

I mean, come on. Is there really anybody out there who watches this show who thinks that she and her crew would be along for the ride on this road trip if a contractual gun wasn't being held to her head? I don't think so. And a part of me thinks she's angry at how things have come to pass with her little TV adventure, up to this point, but, she has to honor her deal with the Devil (i.e., the Bravo PTB).

And --- even though she would deny it if it were ever said straight to her face --- I will go to my grave believing that at some point, she --- "Mrs. Privilege" --- bought into the hype of herself being thought of as the ""Godmother of the Jersey Crew". And now, she's forced to sit and watch this ship of fools flounder around, and realize that if she's a "Godmother" of anything at all, she's the "Godmother" of a bunch of insane asylum escapees.

She's watching her "privileged" life crumble right in front of her face, and she appears to be crumbling right along with it.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I think they are all sticking around because they need the money.
    ness, Uncle David, Prism and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Real Housewives Of New Jerseys Jacqueline Laurita Has Son With Autism| E! Online

Real Housewives of New Jersey's Jacqueline Laurita Has Son With Autism

It's a good thing Jacqueline Laurita is such a loving mom. The Real Housewives of New Jersey star recently revealed to People that her 3-year-old son Nicholas has autism.

The toddler's speech and motor skills began to regress at about 18 months of age. "We had no idea what was going on," Jacqueline, also mom to 21-year-old Ashlee and 10-year-old C.J., says.

"I worry about him being independent when he's older," she says. "I spend all my time researching what we can do for him."

Her husband, Chris, tells the mag they "didn't want to believe it was true" that Nicholas suffered from autism. "You never want to think your child isn't perfectly healthy."

Jacqueline is already working as an advocate for autism awareness and treatment.

She's hosting a benefit Sept. 20 to benefit Autism Speaks.
    My heart goes out to the Lauritas. My nephew is autistic.
    momrek06 likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I am also deeply sympathetic with Jax and Chris for what they are dealing with rigth now with Nicholas. It's a long road, and a steep learning curve, to be parents of a child with such a diagnosis. Autism is a spectrum of disorders. Some of them are truly devastating. But there are many degrees, and for some (like Dr. Temple Grandin), they represent not so much a disorder but a challenge to the rest of the world to understand their individual, particular genius.

My older brother, like Temple, has Asberger's. He holds MSW and, at 64, is almost ready to retire from a state job that he's held for decades.He has never married, nor ever had a deep emotional commitment to woman. He has never made friends easily. But he has helped many individuals to comprehend and achieve their goals. And, he taught me fly fishing and still brings me along every summer on his deep river epeditions.

We also have a nephew, Harry, with autism. At 15, he is just learning to use his language skills to engage us in conversation. He is always, always worth the effort to listen to. I don't have the opportunity to do that ofen, but he regales me with his everyday challenges in email. When he was a tot language was his most severe deficit. Now, it's his greatest strength.

I hope Nicholas fares as well. With parents committed to learning and early intervention, no doubt he will.
    ness, momrek06, Prism and 2 others like this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread