+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3476Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

I caught only 5 min of the "manzo-thon" but what I did catch- the boys said they didnt realize Lauren took their ribbing so personally until the saw this season- for whatever that is worth. I agree with whoever said that Caroline doted on her boys and Lauren probably feels left out.

As for Tre- i saw the In touch article about "being done"...apparently she called Joe out on calling her bad names and stuff, and when he denied it she showed him that exact scene from the vinyard and he apologized profusely. I didnt get to read the whole article, so not sure if there was anything else good in it lol
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

So . . .

He "apologized", huh?

Far as I'm concerned, that "apology" wasn't worth the breath he took to make it.
    AmyKay, GabbyG, Imperfect1 and 1 others like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Ya, Poppy, as stupid as that was with Melissa and Joey we did not see anything and we knew that Melissa and Joey both wanted it it was more that Tre seemed desperate to do this with a husband that does not care one thing about her.

As far as the no underwear in last night's show was (I am so sure) a discussion with Juicy (that we did not see) that she WAS going to do that. As they are walking along Juicy seemed bothered that someone might notice Tre was not wearing any due to how sheer her dress was na, these two OR Tre planned this little tryst JMHO
    In the Gorga bathroom sex scene it was clear to me that Melissa wanted no part of it (she was yelling "no!' and "get away from me!") - and that she was just giving in to her husband, who was desparate for it - as usual.

So, criticizing Teresa for behaving exactly like her brother seems a tad odd to me. Granted, they are equally tasteless. But insofar as libidos go, is a man's displaying his in a tasteless fashion somehow less annoying that a woman's doing so? And does her displaying hers make her "desparate" or jusy horny? Some people find the possibility of public exposure while having sex outdoors to be quite pleasurable.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    In the Gorga bathroom sex scene it was clear to me that Melissa wanted no part of it (she was yelling "no!' and "get away from me!") - and that she was just giving in to her husband, who was desparate for it - as usual.

So, criticizing Teresa for behaving exactly like her brother seems a tad odd to me. Granted, they are equally tasteless. But insofar as libidos go, is a man's displaying his in a tasteless fashion somehow less annoying that a woman's doing so? And does her displaying hers make her "desparate" or jusy horny? Some people find the possibility of public exposure while having sex outdoors to be quite pleasurable.
    Agreed, and good point!

Mel has often said in PIs that Poison wears her out and gets on her last nerve with the constant pawing, the innuendos, etc.

What you've pointed out above is the VERY reason I've tagged Teresa's brother "Poison".

It cuts both ways.

But at least in Mel's case, I think Poison really DOES love her (and vice versa).

She'll never have to beg him for any physical attention, THAT'S for sure!

Also, as a general thought/question, this ran across my mind . . .

Is it just me, or does anybody else think that a PART of Juicy's disgust with Teresa stems from the fact that, unlike every other male patriarch on the show, Teresa's been to the birthing well for him FOUR TIMES, but has YET to produce a daughter?

All these guys (with the possible exception of Chris, maybe) seem to be SO hung up on having sons. Juicy doesn't, and somewhere in his twisted, drunken stupor, I'm wondering if that idiot actually blames HER for that?

Any thoughts, anybody?
    Last edited by ness; 08-20-2012 at 09:46 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

I still think the Caroline theory on the fall of Joe and Teresa's marriage. I think she pushed him for material wealth, he did anything necessary to live up to that including immoral and illegal things, and now resents her for pushing him. I also think that Teresa has realized the audience likes Melissa and Joe a lot more than her and Joe, and now she's trying to pretend to have a marriage like theirs. Melissa has talked before about how often Joe needs sex, so now all the sudden Teresa's Joe needs it daily. The big difference is as people have said the attraction between Melissa and Joe is mutual. And I have to say I adored the scenes of Caroline's birthday dinner. The toasts from each kid were fantastic. It's those shows of love between hem that make me really love the Manzos
    ness and Lizard like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I still think the Caroline theory on the fall of Joe and Teresa's marriage. I think she pushed him for material wealth, he did anything necessary to live up to that including immoral and illegal things, and now resents her for pushing him. I also think that Teresa has realized the audience likes Melissa and Joe a lot more than her and Joe, and now she's trying to pretend to have a marriage like theirs. Melissa has talked before about how often Joe needs sex, so now all the sudden Teresa's Joe needs it daily. The big difference is as people have said the attraction between Melissa and Joe is mutual. And I have to say I adored the scenes of Caroline's birthday dinner. The toasts from each kid were fantastic. It's those shows of love between hem that make me really love the Manzos
    Acooker, I think you're on to something. What you've said is logical and makes way, WAY too much sense to not be at least a contributing factor --- if not the whole, root cause --- regarding why Juicy's in the middle of a middle-aged, nationally-televised, alcohol-and-testosterone-fueled meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    . . . unlike every other male patriarch on the show, Teresa's been to the birthing well for him FOUR TIMES, but has YET to produce a SON?
    I've corrected my post to say "son", NOT "daughter!

Today just ain't my day, y'all.

My bad.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Agreed, and good point!

Mel has often said in PIs that Poison wears her out and gets on her last nerve with the constant pawing, the innuendos, etc.

What you've pointed out above is the VERY reason I've tagged Teresa's brother "Poison".

It cuts both ways.

But at least in Mel's case, I think Poison really DOES love her (and vice versa).

She'll never have to beg him for any physical attention, THAT'S for sure!

Also, as a general thought/question, this ran across my mind . . .

Is it just me, or does anybody else think that a PART of Juicy's disgust with Teresa stems from the fact that, unlike every other male patriarch on the show, Teresa's been to the birthing well for him FOUR TIMES, but has YET to produce a daughter?

All these guys (with the possible exception of Chris, maybe) seem to be SO hung up on having sons. Juicy doesn't, and somewhere in his twisted, drunken stupor, I'm wondering if that idiot actually blames HER for that?

Any thoughts, anybody?
    Oh I absolutely believe that Juicy feels his manhood is being threatened by producing all girls. We're talking old school male pride here. As for blaming Tre - not sure - but it sure doesn't add anything good (in his mind) with all his mounting problems (excuse the pun). Tre is pathetic. After being suspicious of his phone call, after being called those disgusting names, she heads him straight to the vineyards for sex? How sick they both are. And how embarrassing when they woke up when she tried to kiss him that he littering flung her away? Maybe she IS the only person on earth that just doesn't get it? And just as I predicted, now that all is out in the open, I read her blog and she has just brushed this all under the carpet. Down played everything. Juicy apologized and that's it. Wow! She went as far as saying that is how Jersey men act/talk! And she would rather he talk to her like that - than talk to her like a woman would. ???? Unbelievable.
    ness likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    LOL.... I caught that too - Tre speaking out how Joe needs it every day or else he gets cranky! But he sure doesn't want it from her! She seems to think we don't notice how agitated he is with her and pushes her away... all the time. I do think there is a difference when we talk about Tre going after sex in the vineyard with Joe compared to when Joe G goes after sex with Melissa.... ONLY because we are referring to one couple who clearly enjoys it with each other, and the other couple was all phoney.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I could not believe he called her "my bitch of a wife" and a "C-U-Next-Tuesday". As a wife, I would have been in prison for murder. See, this is the kind of thing that can happen after you let your man/woman get away with calling you a vile name the very first time. Like Barney Fife always said, "You got to nip this in the bud!" Women should never allow anybody to call them "bitch"....it's not cute nor innocent nor funny, and can lead to bad trouble.
    All I can think of during these scenes are.... how the kids are learning all these new words. And that it's ok for a man to treat you this way.

+ Reply to Thread