+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 802 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112162562 ... LastLast
Like Tree3403Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

and p.s. It is nothing short of a miracle that so many of these children appear to be so lovely despite their parents!

Just caught a show on VH1 about 'Big Fab Weddings'... Dina and Tommy her husband were on it. They spent 1.1 million on the wedding. This was taped I think a few years back, four maybe. He was an ass to her. He seemed to love the camera, so it's suprising to see that he wasn't involved in the Bravo show. They must be on the outs.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick;3512604;
    Just caught a show on VH1 about 'Big Fab Weddings'... Dina and Tommy her husband were on it. They spent 1.1 million on the wedding. This was taped I think a few years back, four maybe. He was an ass to her. He seemed to love the camera, so it's suprising to see that he wasn't involved in the Bravo show. They must be on the outs.
    I didn't see the VH1 show, but I was wondering what the story was with Tommy. I may have heard her say they were married for 6 years, but he was always away?

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;3511751;
    Danielle's final comment before the cigarette, was that a threat or promise?
    I wondered about that one myself. I also was a little concerned (not that she's coming after me) about the comment "I'll be at your door and I won't be alone"
    A little frightening. Especially when you are trying to "distance" yourself from your sordid past.
    I will be the first to admit(and my kids will vouch for me) that there were times my "mother of the year award" tilted way off the wall but come on...what kid knows about hitting people with brass knuckles and would actually say that out loud. Do I live in a bubble? I know kids are more worldly than I was at their age but this???? I truly believe that Dimwit should have removed her kids when the others went. But from the reunion clips, she makes some vague attempt to defend herself on that issue by saying something along the lines of by having them there she hoped it would keep them all in line. Who does this stuff???
    Again, am I living in a bubble??? and if I am someone get me out.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3506265;
    Really? How about the fact that she put on this dinner and was actually kind of enough to even invite Danielle. She had her kids in there....it was a family dinner. And Danielle had to do this then? Really? I thought it was totally uncalled for and out of line. What finally made Teresa snap was when Danielle insinuated that Teresa wasn't paying attention. I thought the table throwing was awesome The whole fight was pretty great. I was surprised that Jacqueline went "against" her family and stuck up for Danielle. I would've been frightened to go against Dina and especially Caroline. Eek! Great episode!
    Really? You mean you would have just sit back and watch someone be bullied and they were LYING when you know the truth? Probably the reason why the world is screwed up -- it takes a lot of backbone to speak up and do the right thing, no matter how unpopular it'll make you.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;3510360;
    Isn't it funny how people can watch the same show & have didderent reactions

This outburst with Teresa, given that she isn't the type to go off like that & not that I have heard anything, I am wondering with all of these allegations @ Danielle being a "husband-stealer", I am wondering if perhaps Teresa had a "light-bulb" moment. Perhaps her "hunky hubby" Joe & Danielle Hooked-up??? Just wondering.

Of all of the housewife series, I am sorry but I just find nothing of value with Danielle. No matter how mean-spirited, rude, horrible, obnoxiuos, ect the housewives on the other shows have been, asking a guy you just met & were on a first date with to go hook-up in the bathroom..so over-the-top! Her daughters had to be the ones to tell her why she can't keep a guy.
    Well, from what I saw, Teresa's "outrage" was just in response to Danielle telling her to "PAY ATTENTION." What's wrong with this picture?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;3513622;
    Well, from what I saw, Teresa's "outrage" was just in response to Danielle telling her to "PAY ATTENTION." What's wrong with this picture?
    Yea, true, I caught that the second time I watched this episode. My ds called me when that was happening so I was distracted.
    Just seemed weird to me that after the dance studio episode & Joe said something about Danielle better never come near him again & then he was sitting right next to her at the dinner being all close & friendly; just made me wonder.
    On the second airing i did hear the part where Danielle supposedly gave a"bj" to someone in Teresa's house... errr castle.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by *angela;3512315;
    My thoughts on the director's cut/extended finale episode:

I still cannot imagine the reason any of these women agreed to participate in a reality show, sacrifice their family's privacy, & behave in such a manner. I'm still trying to determine which is more appauling - a financially-struggling parent with young children & a dangerously sordid past voluntarily starring in a reality show OR supposedly wealthy castmates who would willingly, hypocritically, & vulgarly participate in the public humiliation of another person - all for money & "fame."

They all attempted to play victims - Danielle for having the book revealed; Dina for being falsely accused of the revelation; Jacqueline for being in the middle of family & friend; Teresa for having her "housewarming party" (which was obviously paid for by & a contractual requirement of Bravo) ruined; & Caroline for not being believed as the instigator. All are self-absorbed & hypocritical: while attempting to project themselves as innocent, elite/above the fray, & concerned about their children, they curse, constantly discuss sex/body parts, gossip, etc.

The last scene with Danielle smoking & chatting with her children wasn't surprising; it seemed consistent with her character as portrayed throughout the season. After acknowledging "two truths" in the book, she said that she understood everyone's initial concern/desire to protect their families & expressed disappointment that someone didn't approach her for her perspective before spread rumors that were hurtful to her & her daughters. She obviously had suspicions that Dina was the leader of the town smear campaign. Because she stated her purpose was for her admit it & apologize, I believe that she truly didn't intend for the language, violence, etc. that ensued (not to discount the fact that she undoubtedly enjoyed the attention).

Caroline looked foolish dictating the conversation & speaking on behalf of the group. Her statement that adults would act accordingly was contradicted by Teresa's actions, while her often-repeated statement that her family was as "thick as thieves" & had each others' back was debunked by Jacqueline's dh reprimand & Dina's willingness to allow Caroline to accept full responsibility for showing the book around town. Barking orders to everyone, including Danielle, was ridiculous. Her veiled threat to Jacqueline about harming her parents with her disloyalty was telling. Plus, I'm still puzzled how someone whose FIL was a known mobster, whose dh's best friend faced federal charges at the time of filing, who supports her son's aspirations to own a carwash/strip club, & who needs an attack dog for security could be so outraged by a single arrest of an acquaintance 25 years ago!

Dina is lame. IMHO the reason she "can't stomach" Danielle is because they're too much alike - gold-diggers, attention-seekers, manipulators, materialistic, appearance-conscience, etc.; of course, the biggest difference is that Danielle, not Dina, actually owns it. She admittedly can dish it out, claiming satisfaction in learning of negative information about Danielle, but obviously can't take it. Despite her repeated "bring it on" challenges in her opening & various commentaries, she allowed her big sis to take the blame for being the town gossip. Why not take responsibility & admit to Danielle that while she may not have physically handled the book, she did delightfully gossip about its contents to her friends & family? After specifically asking Jacqueline to support her (notice Dina's eyes), she dismissed her input, claiming that Jacqueline was misinformed. If I'm not mistaken, Jacqueline chimed in with only what she had witnessed (i.e. Dina is who first told Jacqueline about the book; the same person who informed Danielle had also told Jacqueline that Dina was discussing the book at the hair salon). So how exactly was Jacqueline misinformed?

Perhaps because I do not subscribe to the notion that truth or appropriateness is dependent upon the person involved, I admire Jacqueline's decision to defend the truth despite pressure from her extended family; I didn't interpret her comments as intentionally defending Danielle, rather the truth happened to support Danielle's stance. Likewise, I cannot believe these women who wish to be perceived as upper society (as well as their children) would condone Teresa's language, vulgarity, & destructive behavior, citing being Italian &/or from NJ as a justification.

As I've stated throughout this season, Teresa is the most ignorant, delusional, & fake of the bunch. For someone who claims to be "classy" & "not rude," concepts I'm uncertain she actually knows the meaning, her conversation topics are inappropriate. Rather than apologize for rudely screaming obscenities &/or flipping a table causing damage in a public restaurant as being filmed for national tv, she is discussing her "bubbies" & marital relations in detail. Instead, she showed no shame or remorse for her conduct, especially in front of children, & acted as though table-flipping was some sort of right of passage. IMHO for someone who repetitively referred to Danielle as "garbage" after learning the details of the book (without seeking Danielle's perspective), IMHO her comments & behavior, especially during the finale, make her an expert!

I feel sorry for all the real kids...
    You go, girl. This is smack dead on. As I watched I actually came to like Jacqueline and was glad she grew a pair and also she has, it seems a pretty good guy as hubby. I agree she was pushed into her position by her SILs trying to use her relaltionship with them to cover their lies. The way her hubby stood up for her and even a bit for Danielle was quite nice. Also, his interaction with his step daughter too showed a good man. The best thing those 2 and their kids, and I hear new baby, could do is MOVE AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE.

Danielle is just pathetic. Sad, really. I think she tried to put her early life screwups behind her, but she really can't. Mainly because she won't grow up and is afraid of her age, and because she desperately needs a man. Her daughters almost take care of her, and frankly those kids are the most sane on the show.

Dina is a skank. She is Danielle dressed up a little more nicely and with a husband. But she's no better. Maybe worse because she's also a hypocrite and a coward. Her daughter is a snot and this crap about how she's needed at home and wants only to be a mom is b.s. She's spoiled and she's enabled by her big and really creepy older sister. More on her later. Her husband is a non entity on the show and is probably out with his mistress. I think all he is is a cash machine anyway, and all she is to him is better arm candy when needed.

Teresa is delusional. Husband attractive? On what planet. He is into asses, so you get bigger tits? Her daughter as a model or star? Yeah, agencies will take her money and run. That little fugly child is going no where fast in her faux pagent attire. That hair, that voice, that house. Could she stereoptype a grown up character from Saturday Nite Fever anymore?

Caroline is my least fave. Carmella Soprano a few years old, a few (or more) pounds heavier, and with a Tony a few layers lower. She is vicious, and plays that "ma famiglia" stuff..."we blood stick together". Her daughter is one step out of special ed (Yeah, I'd take beauty tips form her any day at a spa). The sons, espcially the one who went to College, seem more normal, or is it just relative? I like the way Chris (think the name) seems almost protective of Danielle especially when the table flew. And if Bernie Kerik, a felon, a man who used an apartment intended for 9/11 rescue workers to sleeo, as a place to screw his mistress when he was police commissioner, is her best friend, enough said. She's a bully. She's the queen mean girl of that town. And she's the root of all evil there.

This was a fun trainwreck to watch but I pity the people who actually have to live with these idiots. Give me the N:Y. crew or the Orange County blondes anyday.

FORT Newbie

Rewatching the marathon and the episode where Danielle, T & J go on a triple date. Danielle goes over to Jacqueline's house to tell T &J she's going to break up with Steve - my two comments:

She doesn't know how to break up with Steve? Come on - you were engaged how many times leading us to believe that you broke it off and you can't break up with this guy? Trying to play coy little girl, whining "I don't know what to say" ? This doesn't make sense.

When Theresa asked her about how much her kids knew about Steve and do her kids know that they had sex - D is upset that Theresa would even dare bring up sex or say sex out loud - shutting her up by giving her "the look" and saying - thankyou-thankyou. Doesn't she think her kids saw her on tv discussing how great the phone sex was with "Gucci Model", and her description of herself as "having the **ssy"? How is Theresa quiet comments worse that her out loud comments? This doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JustmeinMI;3513828;
    Rewatching the marathon and the episode where Danielle, T & J go on a triple date. Danielle goes over to Jacqueline's house to tell T &J she's going to break up with Steve - my two comments:

She doesn't know how to break up with Steve? Come on - you were engaged how many times leading us to believe that you broke it off and you can't break up with this guy? Trying to play coy little girl, whining "I don't know what to say" ? This doesn't make sense.

When Theresa asked her about how much her kids knew about Steve and do her kids know that they had sex - D is upset that Theresa would even dare bring up sex or say sex out loud - shutting her up by giving her "the look" and saying - thankyou-thankyou. Doesn't she think her kids saw her on tv discussing how great the phone sex was with "Gucci Model", and her description of herself as "having the **ssy"? How is Theresa quiet comments worse that her out loud comments? This doesn't make sense.
    ITA...there are so many contradictions with Dimwit. She has told so many stories that she can't remember what she said to who(or whom?) without a scorecard.Dimwit went over there supposedly to ask for "advice" when she knew exactly how she wanted to handle it. When someone disagrees with her she takes it as a personal attack instead of respecting someone having a different take on the situation. Don't ask if you don't want to know. It was the "needy friend" syndrome raising it's ugly head. I read somewhere that Sleaze is trying to peddle videos so he can make back some of the money he "loaned" her. Supposedly some was for food etc...but some was just to buy jewelery. I also think that when she told T. that she was "just starting and when she was done you can slam me all you want to Sweetheart" (or something close to that) and then came back with the "pay attention" comment that just sealed the deal on T's anger. I have no doubt T was stewing about the first comment and all that went on after and then the last one sent her over the edge.

+ Reply to Thread