I absolutely LOVED your post!
I find it so refreshing and great when we shoot from the hip, here, no tiptoeing through the tulips. Just put it right on out there in straight up, dead-on, valid ---- and sometimes SCREAMINGLY funny --- opinions that make us all laugh, think, and/or open up other areas for thought and conversation.
If THAT was "babbling" then "BABBLE ON!", I say!
wow, well, here it goes:
1. Never invite the Gorgas or Guidices when you want to impress a potential client.
2. Joe proved he really has checked out, and I'm swamped with emotions as so much is familiar: no interest in his wife, put downs to cover his own failures, incredible stupidity or purposely trying to be caught (he cannot have forgotten the cameras or microphones in their faces)
3. Teresa cannot have more than one friend at a time and evidently that's Melissa now. She seems to be all about "teams", and invoking drama everywhere she goes.
4. Caroline's faces, I think they are just unconsciously made as she is thinking. I don't think she's always upset, I think that's the face she makes when she's thinking about stuff. (I'm a teacher, and sometimes my kids think I'm frowning at them when I'm really thinking of stuff I have to do at home!)
5. Kathy has it together, and while no one likes to be snubbed she has proven she can rise above the pettiness.
I don't know WHY Chris hasn't figured out by now that inviting the Gorgas and Giudices to any meeting/get-together of importance (or NOT) is tantamount to throwing a lighted match into a pool of kerosene. Frankly, even though I clocked his looks when Juicy and Poison were acting a fool in the cave (in particular), I couldn't feel sorry for him, because HE was the one that chose to include them, if I remember correctly. If I'm wrong about that, I have no problem being straightened out.
Juicy? Forget the cameras and microphones? No way. ESPECIALLY because I'm pretty sure that not only would there have been boom mics around them, they each were probably most likely individually wired up with mics and mic packs, too.
There really aren't any words adequate enough to describe his behavior and words to and about Teresa during the "work phone call" segment. OR what transpired between the two of them afterward. I think Jac clocked that situation dead to rights. Oh, and I LOVED Rich's comment about Juicy's apparent lack of interest in Teresa. I thought he nailed that one, too.
Caroline is no prize, either, but I agree with you about the faces she makes.
Yep, I have to give it to Kathy for not sinking to Teresa's level and calling her out at dinner about that toast. That HAD to have been hard for her. Frankly, I don't know that I could've sat there without saying anything. Maybe. But, then again, Teresa is so almost unbelievably dense and one-track-minded about whatever her particular objective is at a particular second, she may actually not have meant any harm. She most likely was trying to gain brownie points with the people she thought mattered most at that particular second. And, again, I think Richie knocked it out of the park with his assessment of Teresa's toast.
Maybe something else'll pop up I might comment about later on.
After I finish SMH and re-assessing, that is.
This is getting sadder and sadder.
I actually feel very sorry for Teresa.
She knows she's at the end of her marriage.
She definitely has issues, but she's going to have to deal with this - and 4 girls - for a long time.
I do think, though, that Tre's a survivor and she'll probably end up with a career like NeNe.