+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2786Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Lauren's outburst served to remind me that so much of what we see on this show in terms of conflict is fueled by alcohol. That holds true for her mother calling her an asshole on camera, as well.
    I don't know why I read the HW's blogs, but I guess if I watch the show I may as well suffer/enjoy that as well. Anyway, I could not believe Jax said in her blog (defending Caroline) that it wasn't like Caroline called her daughter an a$$hole to her face. As if seeing it on tape afterwards is any better? Oh my.
    law638 likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by sdwales View Post
    While recovering from surgery I watched all the taped shows. I could not have done this without the painkillers!! With the exception of Jackie and her hubby, this has to be the most vulgar, low class and truly stupid group of people ever brought together. Lauren has replaced Ashley as the spolied brat. Yes, brothers are annoying but go get a life. And you just want to shake her and say stop blaming your genes for your wieght issue. You are fat. Either get comfortable with being large and eating or lose the weight and stop blaming others. Juicy is a thug, stupid, and an abuser. Teresa is equally stupid, self centered and how anyone could stand to be in the same room with her is amazing. And poor Caroline, her children are not successful in any tradtional way and she is working so hard to stay relevant. rant over lol.
    I've seen Lauren since she had the lap band surgery and she looks great, I have to say. Now maybe she can acquire some sort of confidence in herself. Her mom clearly favors her boys, and Albie over Christoper. So sad, she doesn't even see it.
    Punkin and mom2 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Oh good gawd you guys, honey boo is so purely disgusting, aw yechhhhk what creepy dirty yechk guttercrud! I watched the episode where they were grocery shopping and one kid told the mom she needed somekinda scumbuster for the crust growing in the folds of fat on her neck. Oh, gawd!! And I've been complaining about how cruddy the RHs are. Geez, RHs are queens of the May by comparison.
    Yo, Priz . . .

Y'wanna maybe tell us how ya REALLY feel???

Imperfect1 likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    That's what got me hooked on documentaries. PBS has never released that series, but they did re-air it recently.
    Oh, when did they re-air it?
    I would have loved to see that again after all these years. That was long before "scripted" reality TV.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I would have loved to see that again after all these years. That was long before "scripted" reality TV.
    There is a movie called Cinema Verite starring Diane Lane, Tim Robbins, James Gandolfini, about this program. It also shows actual scenes from the actual PBS show. Very well acted, and the actors look like the original cast. It has been on HBO & showtime quite a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Oh good gawd you guys, honey boo is so purely disgusting, aw yechhhhk what creepy dirty yechk guttercrud! I watched the episode where they were grocery shopping and one kid told the mom she needed somekinda scumbuster for the crust growing in the folds of fat on her neck. Oh, gawd!! And I've been complaining about how cruddy the RHs are. Geez, RHs are queens of the May by comparison.
    LOL, I know what you mean, these people are disgusting to the nth degree, and proud of it! But I find it sad that we need to read subtitles to understand what these people are saying. I have always said parts of the deep South are the 3rd World of the US.
    Punkin likes this.

I can no longer stomach Caroline Manzo. I can't believe she called her own daughter an a$$hole on television. Nevermind, actually I CAN believe it since I saw and heard it.

These people are truly disgusting and out of it. Does Melissa really think she's the next great pop star? She has absolutely no "it factor" whatsoever. Very little talent that I can see.

Her husband is a pig and so is Juicy. I can't stomach the way he abuses Teresa. I don't like her either, she's bat$hit crazy, but she doesn't deserve to be abused.

Are these people for real?

I've seen the comparisons here to Here Comes Honey Boo Boo and I have to admit (guiltily) that I watched an episode out of morbid curiosity. The Manzos et al are no better than the Boo Boo crew, it's sad but true. Just dress a little better and speak differently.
    Punkin, law638 and OceanView like this.

They aired it at the same time that "Cinema Verite" was showing. It must have been a cross-promotion.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I still cannot believe that Caroline Manzo who is ALL ABOUT FAMILY 24/7 and how "WE ARE THICK AS THIEVES" crap actually called Lauren an a$$hole. I mean ya, our kiddos all piss us off from time to time BUT BUT BUT to sound like some one that was hanging out in the gutter and refer to her daughter as an a$$hole just simply is disturbing to me. YES, I will agree at times Lauren comes across as such a brat and a spoiled brat at that I do not read the HW's BLOGS I am wondering if Caroline has spoken about calling Lauren an a$$hole. This is the SAME Caroline Manzo that was a guest host on a LIVE NJ radio station discussing how you should ALWAYS put your family FIRST. WHATEVER.

The LOUDS. I watched all of back in the early 70's. I was in high school and it was really amazing to watch LIVE how a family interacted on a daily basis.

Ok, I will agree on Honey Boo Boo I agree with Storm915, I think after watching just one epi and the beginnings on a second one that Honey and her family are PROUD OF THEIR LIFESTYLE.
    OceanView likes this.
    KAREN

FORT Fanatic

What is Honey Boo Boo?
    I admit I must live under a rock.
    Be thankful! That's one less nightmare you may have.

+ Reply to Thread