+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2515Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

I remember years ago watching The Louds - An American Family on PBS.
    It was the first "reality" show - done cinema verité style.
    During the course of the show, the Louds argued a lot and eventually divorced - all on camera.
    I remember at that time thinking how surreal it all was.
    It made me think of Paddy Chayevsky's "Network" - one of the most brilliant, prophetic movies ever.
    The Housewives have way too much in common with both. Fascinating to watch; yet incredibly chilling at the same time.
    It all makes me appreciate my rather mundane life a lot.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Every single one of these posts here are absolutely perfectly correct on the assessment of these "people."
    And I'm not ashamed to admit that it's exactly why I watch.

It's almost like a documentary about a tribe of people who are so foreign to what we know and live with....thank goodness.
    Sometimes I'm so overcome with the incredulous things they say and do that my jaw mostly just hangs open in disbelief!
    It's truly unlike anything else I've seen on tv...and that includes all the Real Housewives and they're all hard to believe.
    And I'll keep watching...it's almost educational about the utmost strange behavior of the human being. You couldn't make this stuff up!
    Agreed.

I'll be one of the first ones to admit that I've developed a morbid fascination for this "show", even though I've never checked out any of the other Housewife "shows" (and yep, I will cheerfully admit that I DID allow myself to get caught up in Kim's "Wedding" spin-off!).

I mean, you CAN'T make any of this stuff up! These people are supposedly "people of privilege". Sure, they've got the McMansions, the Jags, Range Rovers, jewelry, clothes and make-up out the wazoo, and so on. But, even with all that bling, etc., the majority of 'em act and behave like an upper-class version of Honey Boo Boo and her clan.

And no . . . I haven't yet sunk low enough to watch THAT show! I check out the thread on it here, occasionally, to see what's up with them. And frankly, unless you're under a rock, there's no WAY you couldn't've heard/read SOMETHING about the Boo Boos, in at least the past week, anyway.

They're a law unto themselves, and the RHONJ crew is, too.

The two groups just happened to have been polar opposites on the economic and social scales.

And every time I watch the NJ crew, I thank my lucky stars for my "normal" life!
    Last edited by ness; 08-18-2012 at 03:09 AM.
    Punkin and OceanView like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

What is Honey Boo Boo?
    I admit I must live under a rock.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    What is Honey Boo Boo?
    I admit I must live under a rock.

Sorry, noreality!

No offense intended, at all!

Go read the "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" thread in "Other Reality Shows". Trust me on this . . . Start from the very first post and read all the way through it. You'll know what I'm talking about when you've finished reading it!

"In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I think she was having hysterical visualizations of those things in the water that could hurt you that the canoe-guy had talked about. She made herself look totally stooopid! At least one of them could have gotten her, for goodness sakes, to help justify her drama!! Would have made my night!!
    Oh I laughed so hard at her screaming. I mean really?
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I remember years ago watching The Louds - An American Family on PBS.
    It was the first "reality" show - done cinema verité style.
    During the course of the show, the Louds argued a lot and eventually divorced - all on camera.
    I remember at that time thinking how surreal it all was.
    It made me think of Paddy Chayevsky's "Network" - one of the most brilliant, prophetic movies ever.
    That's what got me hooked on documentaries. PBS has never released that series, but they did re-air it recently.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by sdwales View Post
    While recovering from surgery I watched all the taped shows. I could not have done this without the painkillers!! With the exception of Jackie and her hubby, this has to be the most vulgar, low class and truly stupid group of people ever brought together. Lauren has replaced Ashley as the spolied brat. Yes, brothers are annoying but go get a life. And you just want to shake her and say stop blaming your genes for your wieght issue. You are fat. Either get comfortable with being large and eating or lose the weight and stop blaming others. Juicy is a thug, stupid, and an abuser. Teresa is equally stupid, self centered and how anyone could stand to be in the same room with her is amazing. And poor Caroline, her children are not successful in any tradtional way and she is working so hard to stay relevant. rant over lol.
    Ok, you got me laughing so hard!! You know, reading FORT is more interesting than HW episodes...
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post

Sorry, noreality!No offense intended, at all!
    Go read the "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" thread in "Other Reality Shows". Trust me on this . . . Start from the very first post and read all the way through it. You'll know what I'm talking about when you've finished reading it!
    Oh good gawd you guys, honey boo is so purely disgusting, aw yechhhhk what creepy dirty yechk guttercrud! I watched the episode where they were grocery shopping and one kid told the mom she needed somekinda scumbuster for the crust growing in the folds of fat on her neck. Oh, gawd!! And I've been complaining about how cruddy the RHs are. Geez, RHs are queens of the May by comparison.
    Punkin, ness, Imperfect1 and 1 others like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Okay, I am taping NJ Manzothon and am disappointed. Deal the dish, make with the funny, stop being pc.

What a waste of tape if they don't step it up, there's nothing new about it at all. So much material to dish about with Teresa (Jew-dice, Jew-di-chay) and her drunken bitter husband, along with the Gorga Grossness.
    Last edited by mom2; 08-18-2012 at 07:22 PM. Reason: add content
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Lauren's outburst served to remind me that so much of what we see on this show in terms of conflict is fueled by alcohol. That holds true for her mother calling her an asshole on camera, as well.
    ness likes this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread