+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2728Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post
    I hear what you're saying, but I truly believe that Tree's ego is the main reason she is avoiding the evitable. She knows her brother is all over Melissa and is so in love with his wife and that is one of many reasons she has always been so jealous of Melissa. It's going to be hard for her to admit her husband can't stand her. She thinks she has everyone fooled in that she and Juicy are madly in love and everything is ok in their home life. The public humiliation is going to kill her ego especially in front of people like Caroline, Kathy, and Melissa. I don't think her religion will have any impact on the fact Juciy wants a divorce (if in fact he does.)
    Gotcha!

Agreed.

Another angle this could be viewed from, I think, though, could be Teresa's LACK of a strong, positive ego. Or, rather, that what ego she DOES have is very damaged and crippled.

Look at it this way, for a sec . . .

If Teresa had a healthy, strong, positive ego, she wouldn't give a happy, flying rip HOW much her brother loves Mel or is all over her (as long as they weren't in HER house going at it, that is!). Or, would've --- by now --- realized and admitted to herself that her husband is a cruel, drunken, disrepectful, controlling SOB, and 86'd his ass. Or would've quit hiding behind the Church (possibly and indirectly) and being "old-school Italian" (absolutely, and directly) to try to make excuses for Juicy and his behavior, and duck trying to honestly fix what is so obviously wrong in her life. Or always be trying to showboat in front of the other NJ housewives or outdo them in various and sundry ways. Or continuously always be looking down her nose at them. Or, not wanting them to have any of the spotlight. Or always choosing to read malice into everything they say or do, if it involves her. Or try to play mind games with everybody about how "fine" her life is, when, obviously, those in her orbit --- AND out of it, like us --- have noticed the cracks (Ray CHARLES could see 'em!) and are already (some of them/us, at least), wondering how long it's going to take for there to be a Day of Reckoning in her life when she'll REALLY have to wake up and smell the lasagna.

Just another way of viewing The Problem That Is Teresa and what might possibly be going on --- or not! --- between her ears.

Punkin, mom2 and OceanView like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I"m also a "fallen" Catholic...went to Catholic school for 8 years and told I would surely to straight to hell when I went to public high school. Then I married a Jew. So probably an even lower level in Hell.
    Then I divorced him, later re-married..... so imagine, how low I am in Hell now!!

I'm very confident that the God I believe in does not hold me in contempt and due for punishment when I needed to protect my children from a damaging father.
    Not using the word "abusive" because that seems far worse than what happened but it was enough that they didn't need to live in that environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    It shows on the previews where he is on the phone and she is walking up and he says something like "here comes my bitch wife" and she wants to know who he is talking to

did I blink and miss this, or did it get pulled? Because it was certainly in previews early last week

I know, I was watching for it too but it's in the previews for next week.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I"m also a "fallen" Catholic...went to Catholic school for 8 years and told I would surely to straight to hell when I went to public high school. Then I married a Jew. So probably an even lower level in Hell.
    Then I divorced him, later re-married..... so imagine, how low I am in Hell now!!

I'm very confident that the God I believe in does not hold me in contempt and due for punishment when I needed to protect my children from a damaging father.
    Not using the word "abusive" because that seems far worse than what happened but it was enough that they didn't need to live in that environment.
    To borrow from Billy Joel "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than die with the saints".

I am allowed to receive communion because, how crazy is this, I am not dating anyone but if I were to start to date I could no longer receive. Also since even though I was married in the catholic church my EX was a protestant my marriage was not considered a "pure" catholic marriage. WEIRD!
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    did I blink and miss this, or did it get pulled? Because it was certainly in previews early last week
    I watched the episode last night and wondered when the "phone call" would happen. I'd just about given up on it and then in the last 20 seconds of the show, when all were sitting around at a camp table, it happened. Juicy got a call and left the table and then was heard saying, "I gotta go. It's my bitch wife." As he's saying that Tre is following him and asking who's on the phone.

I know there have been rumors and I think Tre suspects something is going on. But with all their notoriety it seems impossible that he could be cheating without the tabloids finding out and reporting it with salacious photos for all of us to enjoy.

I never did find out why Jacquilene refused to be on the two part final show with Andy and all the other Housewives. Does anyone know?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Now that you mention it, didn't Teresa's husband say something about needing to call work, and got up and left the group to get on the phone?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think him getting up to make the call was the "lead in" to the preview for next week. Can't really remember. I was catching up on the last few shows.

On another note.... Did anyone notice Chrisofer Manzo using an electronic cigarette on the bus? I only noticed it because I was using one at the same time. (trying to quit). I also thought I saw Melissa with one earlier in the episode. I wonder how many of these people actually do smoke. Not that it really matter to me, however if this is suppose to be "reality TV" then why not show them smoking as well. I just thought it was interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post

Oh, SHOOT, DL!!!

Now I KNOW why I smell sulfur when I come across your posts!

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    To borrow from Billy Joel "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than die with the saints".

I am allowed to receive communion because, how crazy is this, I am not dating anyone but if I were to start to date I could no longer receive. Also since even though I was married in the catholic church my EX was a protestant my marriage was not considered a "pure" catholic marriage. WEIRD!
    Nothin' personal, Snow Bunny, but yeah, that IS weird! And as for laughing with the sinners? Wouldn't surprise me at all to find myself as one of the main ones bustin' Hell WIDE OPEN!

Crazy in a church system is not exclusive to Catholics, though . . .

Case in point . . .

I was a Southern Baptist by birth. Many, MANY moons ago, I attended and was a dyed-in-the wool, card-carrying member of a VERY well-known Southern Baptist church here (trust me, if I said the name, you'd immediately know the church).

I'm at home minding my business one week night. The phone rings. Lo and behold, it's one of the "good Christian sisters" from the choir calling me. I was intrigued when I saw who was calling, because up to that point, she'd never called me at home about anything before; we'd just run into each other at choir practice.

I picked up the phone and answered.

Bottom line, the purpose of her call was to inform me that there was buzz going on about me in the church in general, and the choir, in particular. The reason? At the time, I happened to be a proponent of the "365 Days of Christmas!" school of thought. I wore 2-inch (natural) nails (usually in colors like purple, teal, royal blue; you name it, I tried it at least once!), lots of rings and other jewelry, and loved every second of it.

I won't regal you with the BS specifics of what this "well-meaning" sister told me. Suffice it to say, not even a minute into her "informative" and "helpful" call, my blood pressure had gone through the roof, and I had steam coming out of my ears.

She paused for breath during her diatribe, and that's when I unloaded.

With both barrels.

I started off by telling her that I thought it was VERY interesting that a bunch of so-called "Christian" people had nothing better to do with their time and their lives except to sit up and throw behind-the-back stones at someone who had done absolutely nothing to them, since she'd been in that church, but to show up, find what she thought was a good niche there, and try to be nice to everybody. I then asked her that if they were so concerned about what I wore, why was SHE on the phone breaking my apparent dress code transgressions down to me? She'd obviously gotten my phone number; what was THEIR problem that they couldn't call me themselves, or pull me aside and tell me what their issue with me was when we were in church? Or had SHE volunteered or been elected to come talk to me? If so, why was it that she'd taken on the role of the person who would "straighten me out" and make me more "acceptable" to the good church "family"? And what was up with her that she'd volunteered or allowed herself to be placed/pushed into the role of The Grim Reaper?

I said a WHOLE lot more than that. But I finished up by letting her know that neither she, the lead pastor, or anybody else in that church had invested any time, energy, or money in anything I did or did NOT have on. And until they did, I actually happened to not give a flat damn what ANY of them thought about whether I liked wearing long nails, etc. I told her I was reasonably sure that my glitz ("bling" did not exist at that time) wouldn't be something that God would sentence me to Hell for. And I also ended by informing her that maybe she and the other so-called "good Christian sisters" in the church who had so much to say about me should plop their asses down and check out a little verse in the Bible that said: "Judge not, lest ye be judged."

Southern Baptists, like Catholics, apparently, have their own set of rules, regs, and foolishness going on behind the blessed doors of their buildings. Unlike Teresa (and yes, I do believe her religion plays a BIG part in why she continues to be where she is), there came a point for me where I figured: "Wherever I end up, this is between HIM and ME!" and hightailed it out of there, for my own peace and sanity's sake.

I was in another church after that, quite a few years later. Different religion, same foolishness.

Not there any more!

Who knows? Maybe before I take my long dirt nap, I'll find another church I can live with and in, or maybe not.

In the meantime, far as I'm concerned, what's up with me is between Him and ME (and that most likely --- 99'9%, I believe --- will be my war cry and way of navigating even if I SHOULD find an established church that I can live with, and in!)!

And I'm content and happy to rock that way!
    Last edited by ness; 08-13-2012 at 08:17 PM.
    Punkin, GabbyG and KatesMom like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I'm really taken aback by how vulgar these people are. That's not a word I use much-- Maybe I just live a very staid and sheltered life, but some of the stuff they did and said really shocked me-- not to mention turned me off.

I m all for being earthy and not using euphemisms and all that-- but that is not a group I'd want to hang around with.

I also feel very sorry for Lauren. The way she was treated made me want to slap the guys-- and Caroline with her sad little "I guess I lost Lauren somewhere along the way...." So -- go FIND her for heaven's sake. It's not like Caroline is tongue tied when Tre does something she doesn't like-- and I'm sure on her talk show, if she still has it, she'd tell herself it's the least she could do to make up for lost time. Not only did Caroline not say anything to the her sons-- Lauren's father also seems like he could care less.
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread