+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2698Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Holy moly!!
    Really??!!
    poor Teresa but she's gotta know that guy is a sleaze ball and she must suspect..or maybe even has dealt with it in the past....
    What I find incredible is that anyone would have an affair with this little creepy Butterball.
    OMG!!
    I was eating an ice cream pop and I almost choked on eat while I was reading your comment - little creepy butterball!! Hilarious!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Thanks, Punkin!

Sure, I've taken my share of hits on Teresa (but then again, it AIN'T like SHE didn't open the door! I just ran right on THROUGH that sucker!)

However, I also think there've been times when I've acknowledged how sad I find her to be.

It's a sin and a shame how church systems --- yep, that's how I tend to think of ALL of 'em, nowadays! --- that we enter into by birth or by choice can wind and twist us up like pretzels, if we allow them to do so. One of the best things you said in your post, to me, was: I dropped the Catholic Church years ago when I started to read about religion and think for myself." And, obviously, I could relate to Snow Bunny's post when she said it took YEARS for some of her family members to speak to her after she'd divorced her husband.

Teresa is a sad lady. At 40 (?) years of age and four kids, she still hasn't yet learned to free herself from the straitjacket she's been placed in by her Church. And she also keeps herself in bondage by continuing to allow her "We're ITALIAN! We don't DO (fill in the blank)!" mindset blind her to what's right in front of her face regarding the man she married, in terms of his being not only consistently verbally abusive towards her (and come to think of it, the kids, too), but, to all appearances, breaking his vows and cheating on her, as well.

But, until and unless she puts 2 and 2 together and stands up for herself and her girls by cutting Juicy loose --- work like a beaver building a dam though she might --- she's never going to be free and have any self-respect, happiness, and peace.
    Last edited by ness; 08-12-2012 at 01:03 AM.
    prhoshay and mayamaisha like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

A couple of shows back, Caroline made comments in her voiceover about how Teresa is going to emerge successfully from this and show her daughters how she was able to rise above all of this. I think that's going to come to fruition.

Stay tuned, next season, for Bravo's own version of Teresa plus Four.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    A couple of shows back, Caroline made comments in her voiceover about how Teresa is going to emerge successfully from this and show her daughters how she was able to rise above all of this. I think that's going to come to fruition.
    For Teresa's sake, and her girls', Lord knows I hope so.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Thanks, Punkin!

Sure, I've taken my share of hits on Teresa (but then again, it AIN'T like SHE didn't open the door! I just ran right on THROUGH that sucker!)

However, I also think there've been times when I've acknowledged how sad I find her to be.

It's a sin and a shame how church systems --- yep, that's how I tend to think of ALL of 'em, nowadays! --- that we enter into by birth or by choice can wind and twist us up like pretzels, if we allow them to do so. One of the best things you said in your post, to me, was: I dropped the Catholic Church years ago when I started to read about religion and think for myself." And, obviously, I could relate to Snow Bunny's post when she said it took YEARS for some of her family members to speak to her after she'd divorced her husband.

Teresa is a sad lady. At 40 (?) years of age and four kids, she still hasn't yet learned to free herself from the straitjacket she's been placed in by her Church. And she also keeps herself in bondage by continuing to allow her "We're ITALIAN! We don't DO (fill in the blank)!" mindset blind her to what's right in front of her face regarding the man she married, in terms of his being not only consistently verbally abusive towards her (and come to think of it, the kids, too), but, to all appearances, breaking his vows and cheating on her, as well.

But, until and unless she puts 2 and 2 together and stands up for herself and her girls by cutting Juicy loose --- work like a beaver building a dam though she might --- she's never going to be free and have any self-respect, happiness, and peace.
    I hear what you're saying, but I truly believe that Tree's ego is the main reason she is avoiding the evitable. She knows her brother is all over Melissa and is so in love with his wife and that is one of many reasons she has always been so jealous of Melissa. It's going to be hard for her to admit her husband can't stand her. She thinks she has everyone fooled in that she and Juicy are madly in love and everything is ok in their home life. The public humiliation is going to kill her ego especially in front of people like Caroline, Kathy, and Melissa. I don't think her religion will have any impact on the fact Juciy wants a divorce (if in fact he does.)
    prhoshay likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    For Teresa's sake, and her girls', Lord knows I hope so.
    If in fact divorce is imminent, by the time this scandal is aired, Tree will have this storyline all turned around about how SHE wanted to leave Juicy. Deny! Deny! Deny! That is all she knows.
    prhoshay likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    This is just incredible to me....that she would want to know who he was talking to.....not what the heck he was doing talking about her that way!!!!
    Guess she and I have different priorities!
    Haven't you seen those blank stares? She can only process one thing at a time.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    One thing you have to keep in mind is that in the Italian Catholic community divorce is still frowned upon not that the Guidices attend church very often. Some of my family members did not speak to me of YEARS after I divorced my husband. I guess i was just supposed to stay with a lying, cheating abusive alcoholic. Heck I even went to my parish priest who told me I was going to go to Hell because I got a divorce. That was the last time I stepped foot in that church, a church I went every week of my life. I go to a Methodist church who welcome me with open arms.
    Good for you!! I'm so glad you found people who really care about YOU. My sister-in-law had a cheating husband too, HE initiated the divorce, and yet her Catholic church will not allow HER to partake in communion because of the divorce. I just can't believe it. But again, I think if Tree gets a divorce it's going to hurt her ego and pride more than anything. After all, it's all about her.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    well, in fairness to Teresa, we don't know for sure that she heard what he said about her. We hear it because he was miked up, she was several feet away
    I hear he even calls her the 'c' word. She is going to have to swallow a lot of pride after the airing of this episode.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

A lot of "died-in-the-wool" Catholics would rather get an annulment than a divorce. Annulment allows the person to still receive the sacraments.

Absolutely loved this phrase......"To get you all pured up for Sunday."

Punkin strikes again!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread