+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2541Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    It shows on the previews where he is on the phone and she is walking up and he says something like "here comes my bitch wife" and she wants to know who he is talking to
    This is just incredible to me....that she would want to know who he was talking to.....not what the heck he was doing talking about her that way!!!!
    Guess she and I have different priorities!
    Kocky_Kamikaze, Punkin and ness like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    This is just incredible to me....that she would want to know who he was talking to.....not what the heck he was doing talking about her that way!!!!
    They are aware that there are cameras on the site right????????????
    mom2 likes this.
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

I'll bet it is really hard for the little troll to swallow that Teresa is now the breadwinner in the family. I think that alone would set him off to have an affair just to spite her.
    prhoshay, mom2 and Lizard like this.

One thing you have to keep in mind is that in the Italian Catholic community divorce is still frowned upon not that the Guidices attend church very often. Some of my family members did not speak to me of YEARS after I divorced my husband. I guess i was just supposed to stay with a lying, cheating abusive alcoholic. Heck I even went to my parish priest who told me I was going to go to Hell because I got a divorce. That was the last time I stepped foot in that church, a church I went every week of my life. I go to a Methodist church who welcome me with open arms.
    Punkin, mom2, ness and 2 others like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

When you get to hell, look for me and many of your good friends!! We'll all sit down and have a cup of hot tea together!!
    ness, norealityhere and OceanView like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I suppose most of us on this board and elsewhere DO have different priorities from Teresa, DL. Example: Remember when they were all riding the bus to Jamie's wedding, Juicy was tanked and called her a whore in Italian in front of EVERYBODY? AND SHE DIDN'T JACK HIM UP AND ADDRESS THAT RIGHT THEN, DRUNK, OR NOT? Frankly, I don't think there're too many of us here that wouldn't've taken that up with him RIGHT THEN, or at least between the two of us, later on. It's funny to me how she can address what she perceived to be a slight from Kathy about recipes in her cookbook AFTER THE "SLIGHT" HAPPENED, DAYS LATER, but, somehow, as far as I can recall, we've not ONCE seen her TRULY laying into JUICY and flat-out calling him out about the way he addresses her, OR the names he calls her. Far as I can remember, she did tell him at least one time not to speak to her in a nasty manner (after he'd done it in front of houseguests), but there was no firmness, force or fire behind it. So, apparently, because she hasn't given him any consequences for his nasty behavior towards her, he feels free to continue to dump on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I'll bet it is really hard for the little troll to swallow that Teresa is now the breadwinner in the family. I think that alone would set him off to have an affair just to spite her.
    Absolutely agreed. He's drinking like a fish, being nasty to her, and apparently stepping out on her because his male pride can't take the fact that he's messed up so badly, has driven the Guidice boat up on the sand (where it sits, landlocked), and Teresa is the one who's found a shovel and is out there digging them out.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    One thing you have to keep in mind is that in the Italian Catholic community divorce is still frowned upon . . .
    Too true. When my previously-divorced husband died (he was a Catholic; I'm not), I went to the priest of the church he attended occasionally to ask if he might be able to have a service for him. I told the priest that my husband had been no saint, and was not allowed to partake in formal Church sacraments any longer. His children had given me all kinds of hell about having a service for him. Other dyed-in-the-wool, old-school Catholics had, too. I told the priest that I had pretty much been hounded into MY grave for even suggesting that he have a Church service, given that he was no longer formally allowed to participate in Church sacraments (Snow Bunny, you'd know what the actual term for his status would be, I think; I DID know, but can't recall what that'd be right this second).

The priest, bless him forever and a day, looked shocked and disgusted by what I'd told him and immediately responded: "Ness, that's RIDICULOUS! If the Church never buried anybody that'd fallen from grace, then the Church would NEVER bury anybody! So, when were you thinking you'd like to have his service?"

From that day to this one (over five years and counting, as of this writing), none of my husband's children has spoken a word to me. And trust me, I've not lost one SECOND of sleep over their opinions, OR the opinions of OTHER "good Catholics" who would've gladly burned me at the stake if that'd been legal and permissible.

Teresa has allowed herself to remain caught up in a powerful, centuries-old standard of behavior. Unless she steps back from her situation and finally begins to realize that what she THINKS is healthy and working for her, in the long run, actually ISN'T, I don't think there's going to be anything anybody can say to her that won't keep her from eventually speeding down a hill with no brakes, and going headlong into a brick wall at 100 mph.

Just random thoughts, observations and MHO.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Religion and self-righteousness............
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

well, in fairness to Teresa, we don't know for sure that she heard what he said about her. We hear it because he was miked up, she was several feet away

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    well, in fairness to Teresa, we don't know for sure that she heard what he said about her. We hear it because he was miked up, she was several feet away
    Well, I'll bet she's heard it by now...

Great post Ness! I dropped the Catholic Church years ago when I started to read about religion and think for myself. Why do you think they have that "imprematur" stamp in front of books you are allowed to read? They don't want you getting any competing ideas.
    The best funeral mass I've ever gone to was for the daughter of a friend who died of aids. She had been cremated. The preist was very hip in a way I'd never seen before. Now, the sacrament of communion in the Church is only for those who are free of sin. That's why they have confession on Saturdays. To get you all pured up for Sunday. But when communion came around he said, " Some of you haven't been to confession for years and some of you may not be Catholic. But I give you all absoulition from your sins and invite everyone of any religion to come forward and celebrate communion in memory of your dear .......... . " That was Catholicism so different than I had been raised with. Heck, he's probably been fired by now. The church is so inflexable in it's doctrine, but many preists and nuns are quietly recognizing the actual human condition. Divorce, why not? Contriception, why not! If the church can not come around to today's realities they will soon become irrelavent. Sorry for your bad experience.
    ness likes this.

+ Reply to Thread