+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 804 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111161561 ... LastLast
Like Tree3476Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Danielle's final comment before the cigarette, was that a threat or promise?

You know I think Dina should have told Danielle the Kelly Bensimon speech:

"I don't like you. We aren't friends. You are down here and I am up here". (complete with hand movements)

I mean it really didn't have anything to do with the book. Dina does not like Danielle. Get over it Dbag!

You cannot wear her like last year's Versace! MOoooove on!

Maid

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3511648;
    Except that when she first said it, Caroline called her the liar. Twice.

And raw oysters aren't just raw.
    As I said in my post, they ALL have problems handling tense situations. My post was just addressing Jacqueline's suddenly explosive behavior.

Raw oysters aren't just raw? I have no idea what that's supposed to mean.

Loved last night's finale even better than the Tuesday night one. Last night gave some closure to things.
    I think Caroline is probably my favorite of all the women. She's a very real person and totally unpretentious.
    Danielle is just one of those miserably insecure women who thrives on drama. You had some pity for her on Tuesday night's edit; last night's, however, showed just how evil and bit*hy she is.
    They should have filmed more episodes of these housewives; they're the best of the bunch, for sure.
    BTW, don't mean to be overly snarky, but does Danielle remind anyone else of the velociraptors ( dinosaurs ) from Jurassic Park?! I just can't believe she ever modeled for anything.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3511844;
    Loved last night's finale even better than the Tuesday night one. Last night gave some closure to things.
    I think Caroline is probably my favorite of all the women. She's a very real person and totally unpretentious.
    Danielle is just one of those miserably insecure women who thrives on drama. You had some pity for her on Tuesday night's edit; last night's, however, showed just how evil and bit*hy she is.
    They should have filmed more episodes of these housewives; they're the best of the bunch, for sure.
    BTW, don't mean to be overly snarky, but does Danielle remind anyone else of the velociraptors ( dinosaurs ) from Jurassic Park?! I just can't believe she ever modeled for anything.
    YES YES YES!! Velociraptors is perfect! She has this look that is so distinct it's always reminded me of a snake, but I like this better!!

Quote Originally Posted by socalgal;3511862;
    YES YES YES!! Velociraptors is perfect! She has this look that is so distinct it's always reminded me of a snake, but I like this better!!
    Too funny.
    When I look at her, I always think of the scene in the movie where the velociraptors attack them in the kitchen.

I still don't understand where the pretty daughters came from? Was the ex husband very good looking? Has anybody seen his pics?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fan

I loved last nights show. I'm glad I happen to catch it. The commentary was entertaining alone.

That Danielle is a horrible lady and a terrible mother. She should not have involved her kids in that adult dysfunction. I'm pretty sure they're used to drama though.

I wonder just how close the small children were to the fight. It looked like they were all at one big table when we first saw the group but whenever there was a shot towards Teresa (from the other end) that end appeared empty. All you could see was a table cloth with no place settings on it. I also don't think that Teresa would have been talking about sex and being sore with the kids right there. I think that BRAVO wanted it to appear that way but I think that the smaller kids were at a separate table. There also seemed to be a nanny or someone supervising the kids. That's who Teresa told to take the children out. Of course the kids heard things once the volume went up but they (probably) weren't there to witness the rough parts. I'd bet that Danielle's daughters have been seeing this kind of stuff their entire lives but they should have been removed also.

FORT Regular

My thoughts on the director's cut/extended finale episode:

I still cannot imagine the reason any of these women agreed to participate in a reality show, sacrifice their family's privacy, & behave in such a manner. I'm still trying to determine which is more appauling - a financially-struggling parent with young children & a dangerously sordid past voluntarily starring in a reality show OR supposedly wealthy castmates who would willingly, hypocritically, & vulgarly participate in the public humiliation of another person - all for money & "fame."

They all attempted to play victims - Danielle for having the book revealed; Dina for being falsely accused of the revelation; Jacqueline for being in the middle of family & friend; Teresa for having her "housewarming party" (which was obviously paid for by & a contractual requirement of Bravo) ruined; & Caroline for not being believed as the instigator. All are self-absorbed & hypocritical: while attempting to project themselves as innocent, elite/above the fray, & concerned about their children, they curse, constantly discuss sex/body parts, gossip, etc.

The last scene with Danielle smoking & chatting with her children wasn't surprising; it seemed consistent with her character as portrayed throughout the season. After acknowledging "two truths" in the book, she said that she understood everyone's initial concern/desire to protect their families & expressed disappointment that someone didn't approach her for her perspective before spread rumors that were hurtful to her & her daughters. She obviously had suspicions that Dina was the leader of the town smear campaign. Because she stated her purpose was for her admit it & apologize, I believe that she truly didn't intend for the language, violence, etc. that ensued (not to discount the fact that she undoubtedly enjoyed the attention).

Caroline looked foolish dictating the conversation & speaking on behalf of the group. Her statement that adults would act accordingly was contradicted by Teresa's actions, while her often-repeated statement that her family was as "thick as thieves" & had each others' back was debunked by Jacqueline's dh reprimand & Dina's willingness to allow Caroline to accept full responsibility for showing the book around town. Barking orders to everyone, including Danielle, was ridiculous. Her veiled threat to Jacqueline about harming her parents with her disloyalty was telling. Plus, I'm still puzzled how someone whose FIL was a known mobster, whose dh's best friend faced federal charges at the time of filing, who supports her son's aspirations to own a carwash/strip club, & who needs an attack dog for security could be so outraged by a single arrest of an acquaintance 25 years ago!

Dina is lame. IMHO the reason she "can't stomach" Danielle is because they're too much alike - gold-diggers, attention-seekers, manipulators, materialistic, appearance-conscience, etc.; of course, the biggest difference is that Danielle, not Dina, actually owns it. She admittedly can dish it out, claiming satisfaction in learning of negative information about Danielle, but obviously can't take it. Despite her repeated "bring it on" challenges in her opening & various commentaries, she allowed her big sis to take the blame for being the town gossip. Why not take responsibility & admit to Danielle that while she may not have physically handled the book, she did delightfully gossip about its contents to her friends & family? After specifically asking Jacqueline to support her (notice Dina's eyes), she dismissed her input, claiming that Jacqueline was misinformed. If I'm not mistaken, Jacqueline chimed in with only what she had witnessed (i.e. Dina is who first told Jacqueline about the book; the same person who informed Danielle had also told Jacqueline that Dina was discussing the book at the hair salon). So how exactly was Jacqueline misinformed?

Perhaps because I do not subscribe to the notion that truth or appropriateness is dependent upon the person involved, I admire Jacqueline's decision to defend the truth despite pressure from her extended family; I didn't interpret her comments as intentionally defending Danielle, rather the truth happened to support Danielle's stance. Likewise, I cannot believe these women who wish to be perceived as upper society (as well as their children) would condone Teresa's language, vulgarity, & destructive behavior, citing being Italian &/or from NJ as a justification.

As I've stated throughout this season, Teresa is the most ignorant, delusional, & fake of the bunch. For someone who claims to be "classy" & "not rude," concepts I'm uncertain she actually knows the meaning, her conversation topics are inappropriate. Rather than apologize for rudely screaming obscenities &/or flipping a table causing damage in a public restaurant as being filmed for national tv, she is discussing her "bubbies" & marital relations in detail. Instead, she showed no shame or remorse for her conduct, especially in front of children, & acted as though table-flipping was some sort of right of passage. IMHO for someone who repetitively referred to Danielle as "garbage" after learning the details of the book (without seeking Danielle's perspective), IMHO her comments & behavior, especially during the finale, make her an expert!

I feel sorry for all the real kids...

I know that Dina and Caroline have not been saints in these situations (although I can't help it I just love Caroline) and Teresa acted like a dim-witted nut job throwing the table, but Danielle is by FAR the worst. For her to do that in front of her children and talk the way she does with them is just unforgivable- she is truly a terrible parent and a horribly narcissistic selfish reprehensible person. What on earth does the good-hearted Jacqueline see in her?

+ Reply to Thread