+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2697Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    Joe Guidice (love how even Teresa isn't sure how she wants it pronounced) is a small, bitter man who has convinced himself that the world is out to get him and he's done nothing wrong.

He has made horrible remarks about Teresa and his marriage, and how it came about. He put out there that she came back to him, after he had washed his hands of her and her family. He treats her horribly, and she's just fooling herself when she tries to convince the world - and herself - that "that's just Joe! Isn't he great?" Um. NO. At some point you must teach your girls that they do not have to allow themselves to be treated without respect.

I think if you can hack off Chris Laurita, you've really done something. Joe went into that meeting with a bottle of wine intending to cause friction. Nothing is his fault, and by default Teresa is innocent also.

Everything he does is bigger and better, and everything you've accomplished is due to his influence.

No one buys that Teresa is still going on this trip to heal the relationship with her brother. She's forcing her family to go because it's FREE. And there will be CAMERAS. And Joe is going because there will be WINE.
    I strongly suspect that Teresa and Joe are obliged under their contracts with Bravo to be filmed on this trip. I can't imagine you could get them to even set foot inside an RV without a contract in place.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    ITA with everyone who says that Teresa is a dumb as a bag of rocks. Frankly, I don't think the woman can find her own behind with two hands, a flashlight, and a road map.

Hell, if she could've, she would've LONG ago told Juicy to hit the bricks!

Having said that, I seem to remember that in more than one PI --- certainly at least one --- her making the remark that she was told by people she met on the street that they really liked her after she appeared in the first season because they found her to be funny, always saying something funny (and of course that's a paraphrasing, at this late date).

Frankly, as dumb as I believe Teresa is, I ALSO think that she took those "people-on-the-street" remarks to heart, and began to believe that she WAS, actually, The Second Coming of Lucy (matter of fact, I actually recall her saying in one PI that somebody'd told her she was funny like Lucy).

So, yep, she's no heavyweight in the brains department, but yep, I think she also has just enough arrogance, cunning and live brain cells between her ears to buy into those comments and try to develop that supposedly cute and funny part of her persona in order to try to push herself into the center of the spotlight on the show.

ESPECIALLY since it seems that Juicy most likely won't be around to be the breadwinner for her and the girls in the long run, and that'll all fall on her.

JMHO.
    I think Teresa, while no Rhodes scholar, has plenty of ground intelligence. Additionally, she seems to consider herself superior to eveyone, even Rhodes scholars, for some obscure reason. It's also obvious that she paid zero attention in English classes, and that she doesn't consider being articulate (or even competent in written or spoken English) an important skill.

People-on-the-street do love her! They are the folks who put her four cookbooks on the NY Times bestseller list for weeks at a time, flock to her public appearances and book signings, and have made her the breakout star of the franchise. She exploits this to the max, and I can't say I blame her for that. It's a window of opportunity for her to earn and she'd be foolish not to recognize and take advantage of it. If she were truly, completely unintelligent she would not have been able to achieve the fame she has.

She's famous for being loud, flashy, entitled, bossy, insensitive, manipulative, deceitful, and two-faced. I have to think that lots of people possessing those same traits are a big part of her fan base.
    ness, Lizard, Imperfect1 and 1 others like this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I do believe that Teresa chooses to believe that people are laughing WITH her, and not AT her. As the saying goes...."There are none so blind as those who will not see."

Low IQs seek low IQs.
    ness and Imperfect1 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Did anybody catch Teresa telling Melissa that she doesn't hold grudges and in the next breath bringing up some slight that happened months earlier? This is the thing about people who always blame others -- they never look at their own behavior and so they can never change it. Melissa's point that Teresa was the common denominator in all these spats went right over Teresa's head ... probably because Teresa was thinking about who she could blame next.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Just when you think it can't get any worse, in the commercials/previews for the Napa trip next week, the caravan of three motorhomes is driving along the coast near Devil's Slide, south of San Francisco and they make a stop at the beach in Half Moon Bay (where Maverick Surfing contest is held). Teresa says, "I thought it was going to be like an island." You mean the Island of California, Teresa? And Napa, which is about 50 miles North of the Golden Gate Bridge isn't even near the Coast.
    Not to mention that the caravan appeared to be heading north on its way to Half Moon Bay. (Mrs. Eastwood and Company does that all the time. Its opening shot is Big Sur, which, sorry, isn't even close to Carmel Valley.)
    Last edited by candor; 07-30-2012 at 11:45 AM.
    Punkin likes this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I think Teresa needs to be called out on her actions. I think Caroline is doing fine with keeping a lid on her temper by keeping away, and I'm sick of Teresa blaming others for something she does constantly.

What exactly did Jacqueline do to her? Worry that she would be jailed? How is that being a fair weather friend?

Caroline is super hacked that Teresa's actions at the Punta (whatever) bar got her sons in legal trouble in another country. That is what she will never get over, and as a mom I don't know if I would either. That, and Teresa's stubborn refusal to accept any responsibility for maliciousness. She's just not that bright, and can't pull off the subtle digs like others can.

Since they were obviously legally barred from showing that whole scenario, the only thing Caroline can refer to is the cookbook, but she knows that Teresa and Bravo viewers know that the real issue is the bar fight.
    GabbyG, Imperfect1 and OceanView like this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I think Caroline is every bit as manipulative as Teresa, if not more so. Her sons are adults. They did not need to "defend" Teresa. In all liklihood they were drunk and just acted in accordance with their own impulses. In no way can Caroline blame Teresa for that. They probably considered it fun. And Caroline, the purported voice of reason, was present for the whole thing.

FORT Fogey

Something hit me watching the conversation on the beach between Teresa and Melissa. I think that in Teresa's eyes, she's the big breakout star of the Real Housewives. Maybe it's because she's known as the table flipper, or because of The Apprentice, or who knows what else. But I think in her eyes, she's a bigger and more well known star than any of the other women. Therefore, I think that she believes they are all supposed to be excited and thankful whenever Teresa mentions them, or "brings them along" in her stardom. You know how stars like Justin Timberlake will mention businesses or other ventures run by their friends in order to help them out? I think that in Teresa's mind, she's doing that. So she mentions Caroline in her book to "help" Caroline. Then Caroline gets upset, and instead of feeling remorse for it, Teresa is confused, thinking "Well I did you a favor, I helped you to be better known". So in Teresa's odd little mind, she thinks that her friends are being ungrateful instead of being considerate of how they feel.
    Punkin likes this.

While Caroline's son's might be of adult age, that does not, by any means, mean that they are adults. They were not raised to be adults. We need to stop protecting these juvenile-minded males and hold them to the same standards that we, usually, hold the females. This is not done.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 07-30-2012 at 08:02 PM.
    Punkin, GabbyG and PA Snow Bunny like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    While Caroline's son's might be of adult age, that does not, by any means, mean that they are adults. They were not raised to be adults. We need to stop protecting these juvenile-minded males and hold them to the same standards that we, usually, hold the females. This is not done.
    Except legally, as to the bolded part. I imagine Mom and Daddy Manzo will be writing a big fat settlement check to the attorney for the Chicago men they injured (including breaking their bones) in that bar brawl - if they haven't written that check already.

I agree...that's just the way life goes. Just like our parents came to realize....kids are a pain.
    Dragonlady likes this.

+ Reply to Thread