+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3401Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Just when you think it can't get any worse, in the commercials/previews for the Napa trip next week, the caravan of three motorhomes is driving along the coast near Devil's Slide, south of San Francisco and they make a stop at the beach in Half Moon Bay (where Maverick Surfing contest is held). Teresa says, "I thought it was going to be like an island." You mean the Island of California, Teresa? And Napa, which is about 50 miles North of the Golden Gate Bridge isn't even near the Coast. Does no one prepare her for these things? Even if she was trying to be cute, that one is so out of left field I can't imagine even Teresa saying such an ignorant thing unless she really didn't know! O.M.G!

As for Skinny Girl, last Summer at our annual family thing in Tahoe I was going to Safeway and my two DILs had me pick up 6 bottles of the stuff for them. So I got a chance to try it. Not bad, not good, but they love it. I'd prefer a real Margarita any day. But then, I don't count calories in cocktails.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I remember reading that "Juicy" was Joe's nickname well before he married Teresa. I guess his name, Giuseppe Giudice (pronounced Jew-dee'-chay) lent itself to the "Juicy" moniker.

As to the Skinny Girl margarita, I don't think it tastes "diet-y," which is what Tre said about it - no more than Diet Coke tastes diet-y when you add a shot of rum to it. I do count calories in cocktails, but not in the meals I eat. Some tall rum punches (which I love in summer) pack a hefty 900 or 1,000 calories! I'd rather have cheesecake.

And Skinny Girl was a profitable bottled cocktail that took off many months before Bethenny sold it to Jim Beam. That profitable profile was Jim Beam's impetus for wanting to purchase it. For Bethenny, Beam's manufacturing and bottling capacity was her impetus to sell the drink to them.The demand for it exceed her ability to produce it - and, of course, the money was right. It gave her career plans a gigantic boost.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Juicy was horrible to Teresa in the car.....at home....at other people's houses...everywhere.
    He's a horrible little man.
    I'm surprised that any woman would have an affair with him...not surprised that he would do it.
    I've never seen him be nice/polite to anyone. He apparently thinks he's God and all should bow down to his greatness.
    I dislike most of the people on these shows but Juicy is by fat the worst.
    My sister is married to someone very much like Juicy. He acts just like Juicy and treats her just as badly (and with the same disdain and condescention) as Juicy treats Tre. (He even kind of looks like Juicy.) It just breaks my heart. The reason why I mention this, is that I think the attraction for some women is a combination of the man's confidence, pretense of power, and his "swagger." Some women are just attracted to that. They just have no idea what they're getting into! It's really sad.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Just when you think it can't get any worse, in the commercials/previews for the Napa trip next week, the caravan of three motorhomes is driving along the coast near Devil's Slide, south of San Francisco and they make a stop at the beach in Half Moon Bay (where Maverick Surfing contest is held). Teresa says, "I thought it was going to be like an island." You mean the Island of California, Teresa? And Napa, which is about 50 miles North of the Golden Gate Bridge isn't even near the Coast. Does no one prepare her for these things? Even if she was trying to be cute, that one is so out of left field I can't imagine even Teresa saying such an ignorant thing unless she really didn't know! O.M.G!

As for Skinny Girl, last Summer at our annual family thing in Tahoe I was going to Safeway and my two DILs had me pick up 6 bottles of the stuff for them. So I got a chance to try it. Not bad, not good, but they love it. I'd prefer a real Margarita any day. But then, I don't count calories in cocktails.
    HAHA.... I'm totally convinced that Tree is as dumb as she comes off. And in no way do the producers want to 'fill her in' because it makes for better t.v.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Well, JMHO, when I heard what Teresa's remark about Skinnygirl, my impression of what she said was that what she had to say came off as a a slam/putdown.

I'd heard of Skinnygirl and knew it was Bethenny's baby. Had it? No. But then again, I've not had Teresa's Fabellini, either, so my take on this is coming just from my impressions of how Teresa's remarks about the other product struck me.

Teresa seriously needs to grow up and realize that this is NOT fourth grade and snarky putdowns behind another person's back don't make THEM look bad, but they sure as hell make YOU look bad.

And, honestly? Teresa surely doesn't need to look any more bad than she already does!
    Teresa is so passive agressive. She definitely knew it was a slam on Bethaney's product, and yet she always claims she always supports other housewives product/success.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I don't think she mispronounces when trying to be cute or funny....seriously, people,....she's not smart enough to know the difference. You can tell that by the look she gets on her face when she's corrected.....it's right up there with shock and awe! She looks like she can't believe somebody called her out like that! Actually, it's kind of sad.
    I totally agree. And that expression she makes, is her trying to think "quickly' (lol) on her feet as to whether she is being put down or not. LOL I know this, because when she does realize she is being put down she goes into attack mode.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    Joe Guidice (love how even Teresa isn't sure how she wants it pronounced) is a small, bitter man who has convinced himself that the world is out to get him and he's done nothing wrong.

He has made horrible remarks about Teresa and his marriage, and how it came about. He put out there that she came back to him, after he had washed his hands of her and her family. He treats her horribly, and she's just fooling herself when she tries to convince the world - and herself - that "that's just Joe! Isn't he great?" Um. NO. At some point you must teach your girls that they do not have to allow themselves to be treated without respect.

I think if you can hack off Chris Laurita, you've really done something. Joe went into that meeting with a bottle of wine intending to cause friction. Nothing is his fault, and by default Teresa is innocent also.

Everything he does is bigger and better, and everything you've accomplished is due to his influence.

No one buys that Teresa is still going on this trip to heal the relationship with her brother. She's forcing her family to go because it's FREE. And there will be CAMERAS. And Joe is going because there will be WINE.
    I agree. There is no sincere reason of her going to patch things up with her sister-in-law or her brother. Juicy and Tree are so jealous of everyone and everything. I feel so sorry for the kids. My husband walked into the room during the scene where Tree was telling Audrianna, who was holding a couple of dollars, to put it down her top... in her boobies. He could NOT believe it. Who says things like this?

ITA with everyone who says that Teresa is a dumb as a bag of rocks. Frankly, I don't think the woman can find her own behind with two hands, a flashlight, and a road map.

Hell, if she could've, she would've LONG ago told Juicy to hit the bricks!

Having said that, I seem to remember that in more than one PI --- certainly at least one --- her making the remark that she was told by people she met on the street that they really liked her after she appeared in the first season because they found her to be funny, always saying something funny (and of course that's a paraphrasing, at this late date).

Frankly, as dumb as I believe Teresa is, I ALSO think that she took those "people-on-the-street" remarks to heart, and began to believe that she WAS, actually, The Second Coming of Lucy (matter of fact, I actually recall her saying in one PI that somebody'd told her she was funny like Lucy).

So, yep, she's no heavyweight in the brains department, but yep, I think she also has just enough arrogance, cunning and live brain cells between her ears to buy into those comments and try to develop that supposedly cute and funny part of her persona in order to try to push herself into the center of the spotlight on the show.

ESPECIALLY since it seems that Juicy most likely won't be around to be the breadwinner for her and the girls in the long run, and that'll all fall on her.

JMHO.
    Last edited by ness; 07-29-2012 at 02:42 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Well, JMHO, when I heard what Teresa's remark about Skinnygirl, my impression of what she said was that what she had to say came off as a a slam/putdown.

I'd heard of Skinnygirl and knew it was Bethenny's baby. Had it? No. But then again, I've not had Teresa's Fabellini, either, so my take on this is coming just from my impressions of how Teresa's remarks about the other product struck me.

Teresa seriously needs to grow up and realize that this is NOT fourth grade and snarky putdowns behind another person's back don't make THEM look bad, but they sure as hell make YOU look bad.

And, honestly? Teresa surely doesn't need to look any more bad than she already does!
    This is Teresa's M.O. She snarks on someone then says it was a joke. A Joke leaves people laughing, Teresa's, not so much. Her aim is to hurt others, but when she is called out on it, she claims it was done in fun. Why doesn't she laugh when it's done to her? Oh, I know, they are all just jealous of her! LMAO
    mom2, Imperfect1 and OceanView like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Not to slam teresa but I honestly don't believe her elevator goes to the top floor. If I were a big business would I want to go into business/be associated with a woman who is that thick headed??? I mean...sheesh...being a dumb blonde can only get you so far..and Teresa isn't even a blonde!!!

Perhaps the way she speakes/word usage is common in New Jersey but will that resonate in middle America is the question. I have relatives who have lived in the same geographic area as Teresa yet not a single one of the act or speak in that manner.
    No, the way she speaks is not common in New Jersey, but it is common with uneducated people. Teresa reminds me of a mildly developed mentally delayed person, even though she said she went to College, that does not mean that she is intelligent in any way, shape or form.
    OceanView likes this.

+ Reply to Thread