+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2660Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

I had Skinny Girl & think I have several bottles in my wine rack right now. It's Ok no horrible aftertaste that I detected. I bought it becuase my best friends & I were going on vacation & wanted pre-mixed drinks. I am not big on diet ANYTHING & hate the taste of diet drinks. In fact I'm not really a drinker.

I only mention this because I heard Andy mention Teresa dissed Bethenny & Skinng Girl. Who in the Lord's name is Teresa going to con into going into business with her given the Guidices track record with businesses...pizza anyone...oh wait that shut down. Chris manzo...they guy who thinks BLK water is just like coffee since coffee is just water...sigh...Chris FYI coffee has actual coffee beans in it which no longer makes it water. Geeze Louise...wouldn't that make cola just plain water too...shouldn't you have some clue as to what it is you are selling??? Man this group needs a top-to-bottom recast.
    Skinny Girl took off because of it's branding with Jim Beam which allowed Bethenny to branch into other drink variations. Fabalini...does Teresa even know the recipie or does she need to ask her Mommy?

I need to get out to my pool & get my 100 laps in before it starts to rain...laters people!
    Prism likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Well, JMHO, when I heard what Teresa's remark about Skinnygirl, my impression of what she said was that what she had to say came off as a a slam/putdown.

I'd heard of Skinnygirl and knew it was Bethenny's baby. Had it? No. But then again, I've not had Teresa's Fabellini, either, so my take on this is coming just from my impressions of how Teresa's remarks about the other product struck me.

Teresa seriously needs to grow up and realize that this is NOT fourth grade and snarky putdowns behind another person's back don't make THEM look bad, but they sure as hell make YOU look bad.

And, honestly? Teresa surely doesn't need to look any more bad than she already does!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Saying "ingrediences" once is ignorance; saying it again after being publicly mocked for it is willful ignorance. I'm glad that woman corrected her.
    prhoshay, mom2, ness and 2 others like this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    Saying "ingrediences" once is ignorance; saying it again after being publicly mocked for it is willful ignorance. I'm glad that woman corrected her.
    OMG, I HOWLED when I heard that!

It was WAY beyond time for somebody to call Teresa out on that!!

Personally, I'm beginning to think that when Teresa fractures the English language like she regularly does --- I mean, come ON! You "write" a couple cookbooks, yet you're always saying "INGREDIENCES"?! Please. --- not only does she do it out of sheer ignorance, she also does it trying to be "cute" and "funny" (and she thinks nobody picks up on that!).

Well, news flash, Teresa . . .

It AIN'T cute, OR funny!
    mom2 and OceanView like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Although I didn't see/hear this, did Teresa actully put Skinny Girl down? That is like trash talking about the patron saint of BRAVO.
    Skinny Girl is successful because people liked Bethenny, liked her husband & daughter, believed in her vision, she actually developed her recipies herself. Bethenny has actual business sense and what she lacks she has Jason to rely on.
    PA Snow Bunny, you are so right!
    I'd also like to add another reason why Bethanny was/is successful:
    Most of us love watching someone who's had a hard time in life rise to the top....and do it with sheer drive and passion to make something of herself....not playing the victim card.
    This was shown thru all RHNY seasons...even if some failed, she kept pushing even harder. That's admirable..inspires people.
    I can't say the same for Teresa's books and products. Her desire for success is driven by a whole different reason. Which I don't fault her for but just feel more admiration for Bethanny.
    No matter what anyone, including Teresa, says....adding in the bit about diet taste and Skinny Girl was a slam. It's one of those things where people say it and then later apologize...but still got it out there.
    mom2, ness, Prism and 1 others like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't think she mispronounces when trying to be cute or funny....seriously, people,....she's not smart enough to know the difference. You can tell that by the look she gets on her face when she's corrected.....it's right up there with shock and awe! She looks like she can't believe somebody called her out like that! Actually, it's kind of sad.
    Punkin, Prism and OceanView like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Not to slam teresa but I honestly don't believe her elevator goes to the top floor. If I were a big business would I want to go into business/be associated with a woman who is that thick headed??? I mean...sheesh...being a dumb blonde can only get you so far..and Teresa isn't even a blonde!!!

Perhaps the way she speakes/word usage is common in New Jersey but will that resonate in middle America is the question. I have relatives who have lived in the same geographic area as Teresa yet not a single one of the act or speak in that manner.
    mom2, Prism and OceanView like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Regular

Just wanted to post my comment on Skinny Girl margaritas (that's the only one I've had). A friend of my bought it for me as a joke, because unlike most of the world, I don't much care for Bethenny. I'm pretty sure watching her on the Martha Stewart Apprentice soured it from the beginning. She was terribly nasty to everyone. Anyway, I drank it and I just thought it was awful. I wouldn't say it has a strong diet-y taste, but it certainly doesn't taste like a margarita. It just tastes like cheap tequila straight up (with a very subtle hint of diet soda). I love tequila, but if I were shooting it, I'm going to go for something with a smooth finish. I don't mind diet versions of favorite things as long as it tastes like what it's supposed to mimic, but with less calories. It doesn't taste like a margarita, so don't call it a margarita.

I think Kathy Wakile has it right on target. You can certainly have the real thing as long as there is portion control. I love that restaurants are starting to pick up on the one to three-bite desserts now. That's really all you need, especially if you've already had a full dinner, for example. There's nothing wrong with indulging, but restaurants have been serving these quarter-slice cakes like their doing you a favor.
    sparklete likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Well, I've never even had a margarita. My mother always told me that tequila tasted like kerosene....and just HOW would she know that??? I've never tasted tequila, either....and you, miry, saying there is a hint of diet soda.......I'M OUT!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

IMHO they are all heathens. Kathy Wakile at first looks like a reasonable human; however, when she stands mute while her slimy husband talks while cameras roll- and at a food purveying establishment no less- about menstrual blood, balls, and his wife's cooking, all in the same breath.... well, that woman must love slime as much as the next castmate. Heathens, I say.
    OceanView likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

+ Reply to Thread