+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3303Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

I think the great thing about the lap band is that it makes you feel full faster. It means you can live your life and eat what you want and your body will tell you when to stop. Ideally this would happen for everyone naturally, but the lap band "resets" this impulse I guess would be one way of saying it, and I think that's fantastic.

I know that, as an athlete, while I was training, I needed to and did eat a lot more, so my stomach expanded. When I stopped training, like in the off-season, it would take awhile for my body to reset itself from burning 4,000 calories a day to 2,000. My stomach thought it needed my old diet, but I just wasn't burning the same amount of calories. So I always gained a little weight before things evened out again. It can be really, really tough to retrain your stomach on your own.

Jexter, I agree with you. Caroline I don't think necessarily needed to lose weight but she does look good with it off. But like you said, I wouldn't have looked at her before as someone who needed to lose weight. Lauren, I don't see as obese either but throughout the seasons, I think it's clear that when her weight is higher she comes off as less happy. So for her happiness's sake I do hope she keeps the weight off. Or, even better, she makes peace with her body and then it doesn't contribute to her happiness as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post

My sister, age 56, has tried over and over and over again to lose her excess weight. Each failure resulted in a rebound weight gain. Because she carries 100 pounds in excess weight, has sleep apnea and high blood presssure, she is an ideal candididate. As of the past month she is giving Sensa a go. If by Dec. 31st she has not lost 25% of the weight she needs to lose, she'll have the surgery. Her insurance will only cover a small part of the cost, so DH and I will gladly pick up the rest. We adore her, and want her to be with us or a long time to come.
    I can sympathize with your sister. I tried every weight loss treatment (other than surgery) under the sun. I found the only one that actually has helped me was Weight Watchers on-line. I like the fact that I need to sign in every day and put down everything I have eaten. I joined in May of this year and have lost 25lbs. with another 25 till my ideal weight is met. If she hasn't tried this out, maybe she should.

Good luck to her!

Lauren's whining about her weight was ruling her life. Ordinarily, I am not a surgery fan. But it does give a person an opportunity to not let fat be a focus in their lives, to enjoy different things or to live longer. For that reason it is fine with me. My father had it done. A few years later when he had a cancer diagnosis, he got depressed and the weight came back. But he is far more mobile now than he was previously even though he is at the same weight.
    Last edited by Lizard; 07-23-2012 at 08:10 AM.
    You can do it!

I like Caroline's new hairdo. I loved her vintage wedding picture on Andy last night.

Caroline's sons--I do not drink. And I think I am a nice person. But there are a few things in my twenties that I would say that I did that were juvenile or not thoughtful. The stripper carwash thing I found to be disrespectful. (Making money being a pimp.....at others expense.) But outside of that I am not seeing anything else I would not chalk up to their age.

Lauren--I think she needs to see a psychologist for the weight issue to make sure the pounds stay off. Even at the heavier weight, I thought Lauren had a beautiful smile, her mother's smile.
    You can do it!

I am the person who desparately needs to gain a few pounds & can't. People think I can just eat as much junk food as I want which isn't the case. I can feel for Lauren.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Storm915 View Post
    I can sympathize with your sister. I tried every weight loss treatment (other than surgery) under the sun. I found the only one that actually has helped me was Weight Watchers on-line. I like the fact that I need to sign in every day and put down everything I have eaten. I joined in May of this year and have lost 25lbs. with another 25 till my ideal weight is met. If she hasn't tried this out, maybe she should.

Good luck to her!
    Kudos to you, Storm915 - and congratulations on finding the method that works for you!!! That is TOTALLY the battle, and you won.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

OK I have not seen last night's epi yet BUT I am on another NJ message board and posters are commenting on Juicy losing his wallet and Tre asking him if he found it and it appeared his answer has allot wondering about
    Juicy and his faithfulness to Tre

Did anyone else notice this exchange I guess it was in the car.

TY
    mom2 likes this.
    KAREN

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Yeah....Fireplug Boy said that he lost it in "a friend's car". Teresa pressed him on it (what friend?), but he would never would change his response, and found reason to change the subject. Hope we haven't heard the end of that one! He is such an evil little troll.

I've noticed that these people, especially the New Jersey group, don't seem to be big on disciplining their children. It seems to be OK with Melissa's Fireplug for his son to crack him in the face/head with his fist, and he laughs. Melissa has to tell stupid husband not to teach the child that because he will do it in school, while he grinned and made fists behind his wife's back. Kathy and Rich seem to be the only people who work with discipline. And Stoopid Teresa telling her daughter, Adrianna, to stick the money in her "bubbies"......how much more stupid can this woman be?? She thought it was cute! Geez, what a dolt.

I hate that the weight can come back on you after you've had gastric bypass surgery. Carnie Wilson had the bypass, gained her weight back, and then went for lapband surgery, on top of the bypass. Good grief....what a mess.

Gaining weight back after bypass surgery is right up there with your breasts continuing to grow after you've had a breast reduction, and needing to go back in for another one. It's just doesn't seem fair!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Poppy, my good thoughts, prayers, and a big go with your sister and you and your DH.

shay, I caught the "What friend?" back-and-forth in the car between Teresa and Juicy, too. What crossed my mind while that was going on was: If he had nothing to hide, why didn't he just answer with WHAT friend's car it was that he left his wallet in? Even if that friend happened to be female?

I also noted just how dismissive of/embarrassing to Teresa that drunken side of beef is. Refusing to answer her reasonable "What friend?" question in the car? The snarky, hateful remarks about her driving when they arrived at the tasting? How he kept knocking back bellinis at the tasting like they wer Cokes, or something? Offering HIS opinion of what it was that the drink needed to have in it, when all he seems to do most times (that we've seen, anyway) is knock back gallons of red wine? And since that's the case, how in the hell would he have the vaguest clue of how a bellini should taste? Seemed to me like TERESA was the one who was behind the wheel as far as the belinis went, so why did he always seem to be --- in effect --- trying to reach over and snatch the key out of the ignition while the vehicle was in motion? And the book signing? Please. Why was he trying to project a "Mr. Hollywood" deal with the shades going on INSIDE the building, when HE was the tagalong at HER book signing?

Please don't flame me for this, but I happen to agree with Caroline that SOMETHING is going to hit the fan and start blowing with those two, sooner, or later. It HAS to. What with those insane kids and the very real threat of jail hanging over Juicy's head? Yep. I also happen to agree with her that Juicy is jealous of Teresa. More than likely, he probably just MIGHT wind up "going away" to the slammer for awhile. Don't know about her divorcing him, though. THAT one, I have my doubts about, for sure.

Well, nobody made the bed he's lying in right now but himself. And, even though I think Teresa SHOULD divorce him, she's made the emotional bed she's lying in by continuing to be his wife and putting up with his disrespect and abuse, too.

Que sera, sera.
    Last edited by ness; 07-23-2012 at 10:55 PM.
    Punkin, mom2, GabbyG and 1 others like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Juicy was horrible to Teresa in the car.....at home....at other people's houses...everywhere.
    He's a horrible little man.
    I'm surprised that any woman would have an affair with him...not surprised that he would do it.
    I've never seen him be nice/polite to anyone. He apparently thinks he's God and all should bow down to his greatness.
    I dislike most of the people on these shows but Juicy is by fat the worst. It just might do him some good to "go away.'
    Might be knocked down a peg from the others who've "gone away."
    ness, GabbyG, sparklete and 1 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread