+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2725Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    But, ness, your kids wouldn't act that way! Without even knowing you well, I could say that for sure and that goes for most of the posters here.

Caroline (and others on this show in time) teach their children how to act....and it's pretty obvious that these mothers DON'T teach their children well. The phrase Children of Privilege should be changed to just plain Spoiled Children. I find all of Caroline's children to be spoiled an rude.
    The scenes with the boys acting like high school kids. Just amazing how they acted like kids let out of boarding school and suddenly free to act stupid. I understand high school-ers acting that way but they should be passed that by now. It was truly disgusting with all their bodily functions on plain view. I would have loved Chris to have really told them to grow up....why would he tolerate this when he has invested so much into the venture to help them?
    They're all gross...women, men and children.....
    Again, I ask myself Why do I watch this??? Probably for the same reason that people went to Barnum and Bailey's circus side shows! Don't see this stuff in regular life...thank goodness.
    I do worry about the children on this show. Caroline's kids are grown and are making their own choices. The kids I worry about are Joe and Tree's. Milania and Gia are very sassy, disrespectful, and already have bad attitudes. Maybe people don't like Joe and Melissa, but their little ones are so sweet and loving. Kathy's kids appear to be doing well too. Very respectful. Teresa is fooling herself if she doesn't think her kids are mimicing everything she and Joe does in that house. It's so obvious.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    I just watched this week's epi last night.

Rich W … what a complete IDIOT … to yell out "get me a tampon because my wife just cut my ***** off and I am standing here bleeding" … JERK JERK JERK. How absolutely embarassing for Kathy and for the man that owns the
    "Gelatto" shoppe. You could see how totally uncomfortable Kathy and the shop owner were with Rich. JERK JERK JERK. Whose husband would ever SCREAM something like that in a store???? JERK JERK JERK

Joe Gorge is a gross disgusting pig and I do not believe they have sex every night … just do not believe him. He comes on SOOOOOO STRONG as this AMAZING STUD with his pal TARZAN that I just do not believe him. ITS ALL FLAP TALK for the cameras. ALL.FOR.THE.CAMERAS.

Gia and the family making fun of Melissa in the limo to Beatstock … I wonder what Melissa will think of all that when it comes time for the Reunion show. As she was so welcoming of Tre's family at Beatstock … all this hugging and "I love you, Gia" … while just earlier Gia was making fun of her and Melania says she 'hates' her and the TROLL just laughs at them all. YUP - Juicy is a TROLL. I was so disgusted by Gia at 11yo acting so smug and rude towards her Aunt (in the limo) that I could care less how she did at the show.

BLK = no way am I ever drinking BLACK water … it looks awful. I looked it up on AMAZON and it is $55.00 for a case of 24 bottles. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!! Nope, I am sticking to my supermarket brand of CLEAR water that is $2.99 for a case of 24!!!!!!

And the Manzo's and Greg all getting so drunk … so unprofessional, so immature, all such CLOWNS … and then we have BROWNSTONE SAUCE … 3 JARS for $24.00 … again, Nope, sticking to CLASSICO!!!
    And what mother would sit there supporting her young daughter doing dirty dancing? Which happens to be Gina's favorite move. Disgusting.

I have to keep reminding myself that I'm viewing this show like I would watch one similar to Ripley's Believe It Or Not!
    or a visit to the Zoo.

The behaviors of these clowns are strange and weird and freaky.
    Almost all are disgusting, ill mannered, mean, know-it-all individuals who once made a lot of money, spent it on really tacky stuff and think they are "upper class."
    Caroline is a prime example of someone who's totally delusional about who she and her fine Princes are.
    Her daughter? ---not so much of a Princess but maybe if she loses all that "Chub."

But I watch just like I'll probably go to the Zoo again and see creatures who are so far removed from my way of life.
    OceanView likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    Dear Bravo (Andy),
    I really have no interest at all in watching anyone on any Housewives series make intimate remarks to, or sexual moves upon their significant other. In fact, it brings me one step closer to forgetting your channel altogether. It's not cute, sexy, popular, or anything other than repulsive. I remember when a couple would go into the bedroom and we would see the door close and that was it. if you chose to dwell, you could let your imagination take it from there, or you could chose to go on with life and not worry about it.

Also, crotch shots must cease and desist. (or cyst and deceased). Thank you.
    I kinda like that sexy stuff! It's the FIGHTING and MEAN GIRL stuff that I'm not so crazy about. I guess we all have our different likes and dislikes.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Well, I have a lot I want to say on this matter, but I think I’ll mainly refrain from commenting and let you esteemed readers do my dirty work! So, Lauren Manzo is getting some magazine covers of her own. This is hot on the heels of her complaining that Teresa Giudice is getting paid to talk to the ‘bloids.

Anyway, Lauren recently spoke to Us Weekly (via their print edition) about her weight loss and surprise, surprise it had little to do with drinking egg whites and lots to do with lap band surgery which allowed her to lose 30lbs. Lauren had the surgery on September 21st and says that combined with a healthier diet and exercise, she has dropped from 185lbs to 155lbs in nine months...
    PHOTOS: Lauren Manzo Loses 30lbs With Lap Band Surgery! - Reality Tea

In the article Lauren claims it was mostly her mother's encouragement that enabled her to make the decision.

Surprise, surprise! She must have gone to mommy's doctor, because it's contraindicated for people with less than 100 pounds to lose. Sheesh!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Well, at least it used to be. I think we've seen that contraindication go by the wayside, over the years. I'm expecting it to be standard treatment for diabetes, soon; seems to "cure" it....and if it's can be issued as a "cure", then it wouldn't surprise me to see it put out there for people who are in danger of developing diabetes.

I didn't know that you couldn't be a "princess" if you were carrying "Chub".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It still is the standard. BMI is the controlling factor, but aggregate weight determines if you are an appropriate candiate. My sister, for instance, is a candidate at 250 lb., 5'6", with a BMI of 42. I doubt that either Lauren or Caroline met the criteria. Apparently, they have doctor who doesn't follow it.

My sister, age 56, has tried over and over and over again to lose her excess weight. Each failure resulted in a rebound weight gain. Because she carries 100 pounds in excess weight, has sleep apnea and high blood presssure, she is an ideal candididate. As of the past month she is giving Sensa a go. If by Dec. 31st she has not lost 25% of the weight she needs to lose, she'll have the surgery. Her insurance will only cover a small part of the cost, so DH and I will gladly pick up the rest. We adore her, and want her to be with us or a long time to come.

Albert defintely needed it. Caroline and Lauren, not so much. You don't do lapband to lose 30ish pounds.

Lap-Band Surgery Eligibility
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 07-22-2012 at 04:59 PM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

Once you have a certain amount of extra weight it becomes a herculean task to lose it. I feel for your sister, Poppy, and I'm so glad she has a solid plan to get healthy! She's lucky to have you for support!

I think the fat-shaming that goes on in this country is ridiculous. If you're overweight as lazy or a slob, and people assume that you could lose the weight if you really wanted to. That's not always the case, and that attitude can make solutions like the lap band surgery seem shameful. How can we expect people to love and take care of their bodies if we're teaching them to hate them?

That being said, I think Caroline and Lauren probably could have lost their excess weight if they'd found a diet that was right for them. Lauren's egg whites thing sounded impossible to stick to.

You are so right about the amount of weight, t.a.r.! If you are trying to lose 100 lbs. on an egg white diet it means that you'll be hungry for at least a year if you are losing the recommended 2 lbs. weekly. Who can do that???? Who can be hungry for a WHOLE YEAR? Carrying an extra 100 lbs. or so means that you need a lot of calories daily just to feel OK - not weak, not tired due to reduced calorie intake.

If you have that much to lose, lap band might just be right for you. If you have less to lose, a reduced calorie regine could work. But, if you are like my sis who has worked hard, and failed, with one reduced calorie regime after another - you might wind up weighing an additional 20 lbs. more after every effort. When you continually exceed the volume your post-surgery tummy can handle, you stretch the capacity your stomach can handle. Like Al Rocher who has had the surgery twice.

Lap band works because it reduces the volume of food you can take in. For people, like Lauren, who lose 30 pounds and then have the band "loosened " it frequently creates the same rebound effect as reduced calorie dieting. For her dad, who had over 100 pounds to lose, it worked. For her mom, not so much. Caroline's weight is definitely on the upswing agian. The more you eat and stretch the stomach capacity, the less you are able to control the portions you crave. The only way to successfully lose weight with lap ban is to retrain you brain: to eat less at each meal without craving more.

I wish Lauren every success with this. The good thing about lap band is that it makes you feel "full." If she can stay with that, which requires vigilance and discipine, she will reach her weigh goal.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    I think the fat-shaming that goes on in this country is ridiculous. If you're overweight as lazy or a slob, and people assume that you could lose the weight if you really wanted to. That's not always the case...
    If managing one's weight or quitting a drug was easy, we'd all do it. Just look at the billion dollar diet and additiction markets.

That being said, I think Caroline and Lauren probably could have lost their excess weight if they'd found a diet that was right for them. Lauren's egg whites thing sounded impossible to stick to.
    Reg. Caroline and Lauren...I never thought Caroline needed to lose weight. When she did, I noticed the difference, of course, but I thought she looked fine before.

I never thought Lauren was obese. She does carry extra weight and that is obvious, but she's not huge. Plus, I always think of the camera. They say it adds 10 lbs which seems to be accurate. She probably looks heavier on tv than she does in real life.

I am an ardent anti-Caroline activist - even more so arter hearing how she talks to and about her daughter and her weight (don't get me started). But neither deserves the flack they are getting for how big they were. Neither is sitting around eating bon-bons and neither was extremely obese.
    Last edited by Jexter; 07-22-2012 at 10:50 PM.

+ Reply to Thread