+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 804 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970110160560 ... LastLast
Like Tree3476Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Kiz

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick;3511456;
    I think Jaqueline has a history with Dina that gears more to the negative side. Early on in the season Dina mentioned that she is not as close to Jaqueline anymore. Something must have happened. With the way they portrayed Jaqueline, I doubt it was her who caused an issue.

I think you're right. I believe I read this in Dina's blog, but she said she and Jacqueline were not in a "good place" during the filming and whatever their problem, it wasn't part of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3511375;
    Danielle sure was grasping at straws at the end of the show last night when she commented on Theresa's old house and her linoleum floors. Kumamoto oysters are the best, once you have had one you will never go back! Of course these tackettes wouldn't appreciate them!
    Danielle is just jealous. Danielle is basically squatting in her house waiting for Ex number two to give her money so she can still afford to live in it. Danielle would put out with any man if it allowed her to live in Teresa's home.

Danielle is doing her kids no favors by allowing them into her skanky lifestyle. Those girls are going to have issues both sexually and emotionally with her stinky butt as their mom.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick;3511456;
    . I don't find that Jaqueline did anything wrong with speaking her mind. She kept to herself and was trying to not get involved and when she heard an outright lie she called Dina out on it.
    I don't think Jacqueline would have gotten involved had Dina not involved her. Dina pointed at Jacqueline and said something like 'Jacqueline tell her what you saw' that was the point that J spoke up.

I get what J was doing. I would stick up for friends, really good friends, even against my family. But I don't see J and Danielle as really good friends...J just seems to tolerate her and feel bad for her which really shouldn't be a foundation for friendship. Even after J came to her rescue she seemed less than pleased by everything and one including Danielle.

I think the whole thing could have handled it differently. Danielle went on the attack from the get go. She was all about everyone coming to her and talking to her about it but didn't feel the need to go to Dina and discuss this whole situation with her? Or even Teresa? She said Caroline is a book of contradictions well so is she.

Hands down, this has been my favorite of all the "Housewives" shows. Even my 18 year old daughter got into this one. We were doing a countdown to the fight episode! Of course, anyone who agrees to go on one of these shows is opening themselves up for criticism so I question them even getting involved in something like this. Even the best person is going to look weird or bad in some ways when filmed for months and then asked to talk about themselves and others. After all that has happened I still like the "family" women and can't stand Danielle. She's such an obvious villain that I wonder if BRAVO picked her from central casting. Everything about her screams EVIL! Her overly, botoxed face, the smug look, her stance and the self absorption! The other women could go out and kick dogs and I would still like them better than her! As far as the others go I like them all. I think that Teresa is cute. Maybe not the brightest penny in the role but so what. She seems to really be enjoying her life and there is nothing wrong with that. Her kids are adorable (and I'm not a huge kid lover). She's got a great figure, she's pretty, the house of (her) dreams and (I don't care what others have said) seems happy with her husband. The others all seem pretty happy with their lives too.I like that their lives seem "real". I don't feel like they went out and rented homes just for this show like Slade or the one woman from Atlanta. The people who work have "real" jobs that have gotten them to where they are. Seems like the other shows have always had a few who "just started a clothing (or jewelry) line or something like that. No one has mentioned a book (of course it could still happen). Danielle aside, none of them are as obnoxious as Vickie or catty as Tamara. None are as pretentious as the "rich" Atlanta women (who won't have servants and bowling alleys in a few years when the husbands sports careers have ended). I also love that (aside from Danielle) they all seem to have a sense of humor about themselves. Danielle "works" so well with this group because she is a miserable person with (apparently) no "support" behind her (no husband, boyfriend, extended family or career) and she is jealous of them all. I LOVE IT!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3511349;
    Dont care to ever try an oyster ... that will be one experience I won't regret not having.

Dina or Caroline ... really, who cares which one it really was? If there was a book with a mugshot of someone close to my family I'd be investigating too. And these people are human, so when someone brings it to them they're gonna get pumped up on the juicy drama.

Teresa ... who cares if she flipped a table? She didn't hurt anyone and now Danielle knows not to imply that she's slow. Love that she flung Albie (or his brother?) across the room. That was funny, and the boy was impressed.
    I do think though that when they found "the book" (what prompted them to find it - who told them about it? Bernie Kerick? I mean she was under a different name back then. Very odd.) they could have confronted her rather than instantly assuming it was all true and gosgosgossiping it all around town. In fact, when they investigated they found that most of it was not true.

Did they go around whispering that Danielle was not as bad as initially thought? Why not? :nono

And it was Christopher who was flung across the room. Christopher who's been told he's not good looking. I think he is.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3511400;
    While I don't believe that people should blindly side with family members no matter what the circumstances, she didn't have to become hysterical waving her arms around and shouting "you're a liar, you're a liar" to her sister-in-law. That was way over the top, and I guess seemed more so since she had been portrayed as so mild-mannered up to then. She could have expressed her support of Danielle (however misguided) in just as clear a way, such as "Dina, that's not what happened ... this is what happened" ... and then gone on and explained. Her husband was also supportive of Danielle without yelling his head off like a lunatic.

Obviously, most of these people do not know how to handle tense situations in a reasonable manner. The worst is Danielle, knowing full well she was going to cause trouble and bringing her girls to witness it.

As far as the oysters, and these people not knowing how to eat or appreciate them, who cares? That shows absoutely nothing about them except that they don't particularly like oysters. I bet if you took a survey of the general population, far more than half would say they find raw oysters unappetizing.
    Except that when she first said it, Caroline called her the liar. Twice.

And raw oysters aren't just raw.

FORT Fogey

That was a wingding of a show.

What I took from it was that there was some appreciation on the part of the Laurita sisters that maybe they should have come to Danielle first to ask about 'the book.' No appreciation of her bringing it up but at least, contrary to what I thought, she did let them digest their profiteroles and cannoli before firing her opening salvo.

But for me the stars of the show were the men; calm, collected, protective and peacemaking.

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3511375;
    Danielle sure was grasping at straws at the end of the show last night when she commented on Theresa's old house and her linoleum floors. Kumamoto oysters are the best, once you have had one you will never go back! Of course these tackettes wouldn't appreciate them!
    I thought she was talking about Dina when she said that, before Dina married into money.

And I don't believe for a minute that it was Caroline who was showing everyone in town the book. She's totally covering for her sister.

The last supper was just a horrible trainwreck that I couldn't take my eyes off of. These woman have no shame, all the sex talk and the book blowout in front of the kids.

Is The Last Supper really worth watching?

FORT Fogey

YES YES YES YES YES YES

If only for Albie and Christopher's comments. And to see the flipping from five different angles. And to see them all drinking and chatting together afterwards (except D. Rex who overacted with her remarkably unflapped daughter and then spat nails at everyone, repeating her bleating over and over again, like a little, ignored, girl).

+ Reply to Thread